Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The impertient magma has defaced [a masterwork engraving]!  (Read 2530 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The impertient magma has defaced [a masterwork engraving]!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:25:48 am »

So you have already dug out everything underground?

If not, dig out some new space and smooth it. Also helps level your miners.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »

I wasn't aware that engravers needed training. Isn't smoothing out a few hundred rooms and hallways practice enough?
Oh you know, got to think ahead to when those engravers all die horribly and you need to train up new engravers. Unless you're willing to go out and have them smooth an entire mountain becuase your fort is already smooth, you can't train them without the magma eraser.

If you construct a floor over an engraving, then deconstruct it, you'll get rough layer stone where the engraving was.

I'm doing this systematically to all sub-masterwork engravings in my main hall.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »

I wasn't aware that engravers needed training. Isn't smoothing out a few hundred rooms and hallways practice enough?
Oh you know, got to think ahead to when those engravers all die horribly and you need to train up new engravers. Unless you're willing to go out and have them smooth an entire mountain becuase your fort is already smooth, you can't train them without the magma eraser.

If you construct a floor over an engraving, then deconstruct it, you'll get rough layer stone where the engraving was.

You should smooth the rock. Then you get more XP so you are more likely to get masterwork :))

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:23 pm »

You should smooth the rock. Then you get more XP so you are more likely to get masterwork :))
Well... yeah. You can't get masterwork engravings (or any engravings at all) without smoothing the rock first.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 
Pages: 1 [2]