Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First forgotten beast  (Read 2119 times)

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: First forgotten beast
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 11:36:11 pm »

And a crab has a shell and a exoskelleton both of which work as a kind of armor making it more difficult to kill. You could also place a long corridor of upright spike traps and link them to a repeater. If you make them out of something magma safe with a magma safe material as a mechanism then you can combine it with magma to clear any dangerous blood off or to provide additional support for your traps.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:01:48 pm by thijser »
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »

I just now got another one, a towering quadruped made from clay loam (which will most likely be its downfall) that shoots webs from the same cavern. I wonder if they'll duke it out in a 1v1 fight?

Jiharn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 04:47:44 pm »

They won't fight each other, no.  The clay loam one should go down pretty quickly, though.  One solid kick will probably split it in two, although it can still hurt your dwarves as much as normal if they don't fight back well.

Tessien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »

I'm posting here with a question, just got a forgotten beast with a hunger for warm blood. Is this new?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 05:31:40 pm »

No, that just means he'll have a blood sucking attack, probably a bite. Since it's taking your dwarves blood out rather than putting his in, that's a lot less to worry about.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »

I'm posting here with a question, just got a forgotten beast with a hunger for warm blood. Is this new?
It might be new, as I don't recall ever seeing it before, though in my world I apparently have several with that warning. All of them appear to have a proboscis that they can use to suck blood on attacks. Not very dangerous; it basically just means that successful attacks with that body part will cause more extreme blood loss than other attacks, and given that a FB's attacks are not anywhere near as deadly as the possible syndromes they carry, it's minor. A beast that hungers for warm blood is probably somewhere between a beast for whom you must beware its webs and a beast for whom you must beware its poisonous bite.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 06:30:09 pm »

"Urist McPlanter cancels drink: interrupted by forgotten beast."

Uh oh.

Well, after a few useless gem cutters getting kicked in the brain, someone punched it in the clay gut, severing it from the rest of the body.

Note to self: Don't make stairways into caverns and leave them unattended.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:58 pm »

Keep in mind:

Doors take time for building destroyers to destroy
Repeating spikes can attack any creature (Whether they can kill said creature if it is made of metal is another matter)
A direct hit from a cave-in can kill anything.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »

being encased in obsidian kills anything. Magma first, then apply water only if the magma fails.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:08 am »

I honestly don't think it is very new. I have seen it in 0.31.14 already.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 [2]