Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mounts for dwarves  (Read 604 times)

DrSazar

• Bay Watcher
  • He is in a constant state of internal rage.
    • View Profile
Mounts for dwarves
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »

Not sure if this was asked before but, is it possible for dwarves to mount animals in fortress mode? Can it be modified into the game?

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mounts for dwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »

Nope, its coming soon. It might be possible to mod this in game, its going to be glitchy though. Goblins however LOVE riding deadly animals right into your traps.

silversurfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:00:23 am »

Or over your walls!  Seriously  A goblin on a giant bat jumped the wall at my last fort.  It was sic!  I had no idea.  Luckily they immediately started to go after all the livestock and pets... then parts of them were flying through the air when the axe men showed up.  Watching goblin limbs fly back over the wall has to be the best friggin combat I have seen yet.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

Miners on Giant Cave Swallows...  That is all.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:34:11 am »

i could see that making mining in caves...fun, what's that precious gems? your like 5 z lvl's above my head? *whistles for my cave swallow* not now bitch!

id also imagine flying mounts, would make xbow squads a wee bit better no? have em fly 1 z lvl above the melee guy's, the melee cant hit em and they're actively shooting lol

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 05:17:01 am »

Until they run out of bolts, then they swoop down and try to use their crossbows like croquet mallets...  Towards a fatal end of one kind or another, of course.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 05:22:01 am »

(Actually, could mounted miners actually allow also digging out truly no-exit pits?  Not sure if haulers or constructors could haul material out of/into position, while mounted, but clearing dug-out detritus from said pits or constructing tall walls without scaffolding would be interesting.  I sort of suspect, though, that the whole "I won't fly to what I can't path to" process will still prevail.  Barring the old Random Wander process, which could strand idle aviators on top of walls, then spam cancels when they pick up a real purpose again and find there's no way to get there...)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 08:41:18 am »

I doubt that there would be mounts for dwarven civilians, and just be assigned to military personel only.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »

I doubt that there would be mounts for dwarven civilians, and just be assigned to military personel only.
I know, that was just an idle aside.

Although in the post previous to that, I meant polo mallets, so I obviously wasn't thinking at all clearly. :)