Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: "Kiss Hamachi goodbye..."  (Read 13336 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: "Kiss Hamachi goodbye..."
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2011, 11:20:56 am »

Change my username in IM mode
This is a new invention among IM programs.  I wouldn't expect this of anything, let alone a brand new protocol.
Disable the annoying "beloop!" sound
File > Preferences
Make IM notifications pop up ingame (I've been playing some M&B Warband and Hammerfight while people were signing in and out and the popup was stuck behind the game)
Automatic in supported games, of which there are not so many yet.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »

I wouldn't mind a key.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:16 pm »

Change my username in IM mode
This is a new invention among IM programs.  I wouldn't expect this of anything, let alone a brand new protocol.
I should mention, that that sort of feature has been around since the day's of IRC (Internet Relay chat), which dates all the way back to the Usenet days.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

I should mention, that that sort of feature has been around since the day's of IRC (Internet Relay chat), which dates all the way back to the Usenet days.
IRC is not an IM service of the same nature.
Your username is not persistent (except in the case of NickServ/equivalent, but even that isn't at all the same idea), whereas it is here.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »

I wouldn't mind a key.

Keys can only be sent via email, so PM me or one of the other guys who have invites left with an address and we'll get you set up.

KG

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2011, 08:12:32 pm »

I did it to Sensei. Haven't used it yet.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

Boo!

Evolve is still there... anyone wanna form a party?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:16 pm »

Super massive bump.
Though, not the biggest of bumps it seems. (Can't believe this thread is only a month dead.)

But, more to the point. Is this still going?
The website still claims it's in Beta.
Is there any way I could get this? Anyone got any invites or anything?
Would be nice to try out.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »

It's certainly died down but it's still there.

Also, it works in XP now.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2011, 09:21:41 pm »

The old invite system is gone. It's just a signup link now (everybody in Evolve has one).

Darkerson

• Bay Watcher
  • Join the Cult of Toady today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2011, 09:53:51 pm »

Yeah if anyone still has an invite left and wouldnt mind letting me have one, Id really appreciate it. Email is below. Thanks again!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Core i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, 2GB Geforce GTX 770, 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Asrock Extreme3 Gen3, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x2 (RAID0), Samsung 2TB + 64GB Agility 3 (Intel RST Cache)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:38 pm »

The old invite system is gone. It's just a signup link now (everybody in Evolve has one).
Yeah if anyone still has an invite left and wouldnt mind letting me have one, Id really appreciate it. Email is below. Thanks again!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bro Tip: Read posts above you.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2011, 11:00:59 pm »

Thanks for signing up! You’re now in our invite pool. We’ll get you in just as soon as we can.
*sighs*

Alrighty. Got myself signed up and registered.
Noticed it can track DF. This is gunna be fun.
Kinda disappointed by the limited amount of games it can party (That I have), but I do have quite a few good games.
My name is Rufus on there, if anyone fancies a game or two on something.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:29:30 pm by Fayrik »
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

mamu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »

Thanks for signing up! You’re now in our invite pool. We’ll get you in just as soon as we can.
*sighs*

Alrighty. Got myself signed up and registered.
Noticed it can track DF. This is gunna be fun.
Kinda disappointed by the limited amount of games it can party (That I have), but I do have quite a few good games.
My name is Rufus on there, if anyone fancies a game or two on something.

Hey there. I just stumbled across this thread (a bit late), but felt like I should weigh in. I'm one of the creators of Evolve.

First, the bad news: Dwarf Fortress is proving tricky for us to track at the moment. The older version (pre-SDL) seems to track just fine, but as the SDL version doesn't wind up using Direct3D or OpenGL on Windows, it won't actually track as is. We're hoping to eventually remedy this, as DF is one of the games we'd love to fully support.

Feel free to let me know here or by posting on the Evolve forums if there are games you'd like to see us flag as enabled for the party system. The requirement that you pick a game when you form a party is going away very soon as it's entirely cosmetic. You can currently create a party for, say Warcraft III, and use it to play Soldat.

We're still very much alive, although not quite as crazy busy as we were back in April (we're still growing at a nice clip, though.)

If you guys want, I can give you a URL that lets you directly sign up for Evolve. The current link-based invite system autofriends people as they sign up, which may or may not be what people would like to have happen. I can create a special URL that just lets you register without friending anyone. Or I could have it play you in the Bay 12 group some of our users have started. Let me know!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »

Is there a way to stop this from starting when I turn on my computer? It slows the fuck out of it, sometimes.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9