Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving from old to new  (Read 592 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Moving from old to new
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:28:41 am »

So I've been playing my main fort in 0.31.18 for some time now. Finally I've decided to move on, and upgrade to 0.31.25. I have already removed the 'grazer'-tag from elephants (I have over 30) but I realise there is still something I need to get out of the way: yarn. I believe I will be having a hard time getting my hands on some yarn, as nothing that could produce yarn exists in my world as far as I know. This wouldn't disturb me, but as it is, strange moods may require yarn. So, how exactly can I turn, say, elephant leather into a material that would be accepted for those moods? I know I'll have to go through the raws some more, but what will I be doing there?

Thank you in advance.

-Oliolli

Edit: In addition I would like to know two more things: Is there anything vital to be done with clay? I dont think I will be having any.

And how can I unassign war beasts from a soldier?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:42:16 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving from old to new
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:22 am »

Edit: In addition I would like to know two more things: Is there anything vital to be done with clay? I dont think I will be having any.

And how can I unassign war beasts from a soldier?
No, clay is not essential - glass and stone can do everything clay can do.

Unassigning war beasts requires killing it. This is why veteran players hate assigning war animals and instead, get the soldier to train them personally. That way, they follow around the soldier but there is no pet attachment. A war beast is for life, not just for the next battle!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:33:42 am »

Thanks. Seems like I'll have to train some more war beasts for my Beastmaster-project.

But I would still like to know how to replace yarn.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:52 am »

I have never had a Strange Mood ask for Yarn.
Never pet a burning dog.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:21:26 am »

Well, at least according to the wiki strnage moods may ask for yarn.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Strange_mood#Demands

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:22:02 pm »

You can add [YARN] to silk so it will be considered yarn for moods.