Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves enjoy the slaughter of prisoners  (Read 1694 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves enjoy the slaughter of prisoners
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 10:54:15 am »

Of course, seeing goblins go "WHEEEE" all the way down a glass shaft straight through the dining room doesn't bother them, as long as they don't get to witness the "EEEEESPLAT" part.

True.  It's not flying gobbos that bother them.

It's the mess afterwards.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:58:47 pm »

Of course, seeing goblins go "WHEEEE" all the way down a glass shaft straight through the dining room doesn't bother them, as long as they don't get to witness the "EEEEESPLAT" part.

True.  It's not flying gobbos that bother them.

It's the mess afterwards.

So, we build Arena's with cleaning systems... Of course they'll have to be magma based and incinerate everything and everyone still in the Arena, but that's just for practicality.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

I don't like to kill anything non-evil. If possible, I'll just trap it and let it go. Blatant murder of "Goodly" races is sickening, as is torture and the likes of any good or evil race. The evil races either get a quick, painless death, or a chance to fight for their life in my arena. If they win (Killing dwarf) then they go free. Probably just to die again.

I always make sure they have a weapon, if not armor. Who wants to punch a dwarf in full masterwork steel armor?

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »

The Romans threw prisoners into arenas and made them fight to the death against each other and dangerous creatures for entertainment, why should dwarves behave differently especially considering the fighters are murderous beings out to kill them?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »

Because the Romans were a decadent, failing society by that time.  And not everyone enjoyed it.  The Roman empire held millions... all the Colluseums in the land probably didn't hold more than a few thousands, all together.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 [2]