Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 531622 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4995 on: January 08, 2019, 03:08:08 am »

The Good Sports - Early Riser

Why you gotta be, why you gotta be, why you gotta be----
An early riser?
Why you gotta be, why you gotta be, why you gotta be----
An early riser?
Why you gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta
Gotta gotta gotta gotta
Why you gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta
Gotta gotta gotta gotta

Ear-ly-- riser
Riser!
Riser!
Ear-ly-- riser
Riser!
Riser!
Riser!
Ear-ly-- riser!
Riser!
Riser!

Woooooo!

I got this stuck firmly in my head the other morning whilst considering how early I'd had to get up. Then I couldn't remember who the heck it was by and spent half the day agonizing over it (Google searches were entirely fruitless in trying to find it, I guess it is pretty obscure - but seriously, a bunch of shite about alarm clock apps and some indie rock dweeb who released an album with the same title - when I specified that it was a song? Pfft) before remembering that the band name started with 'The Good...', so I just plugged that into a Facebook search and looked through band pages 'til I found 'em.
Mission success! It's still a groovy li'l song, although I really like some of their other stuff I hadn't listened to before, too.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: January 09, 2019, 04:27:21 pm »

So, I'm linking Sirens again because I like overanalyzing songs and, while this certainly isn't the deepest of tunes, it has some clever notes in it.

Personally, I think it's a story about confronting one's own mortality. We hear the saga of the captain and his wrecked ship as a metaphor for the storyteller's coming to the realization of just how much is lost when someone dies... Their future, represented by a sturdy ship and all the exciting new places it can sail to and the new adventures it can embark upon or plans that it can realize. Their present, represented by the captain as a sense of self, the person an individual has come to be over the course of a lifetime. Even their past, the memories and experiences someone has accumulated throughout the years, their unique perspective of those events will simply wash away, like so many scattered photographs.

And this loss can come quite suddenly. A ship lured onto the rocks by the Sirens' song, or the sirens of an ambulance rushing to the scene of an accident. A single foul turn of the wind, and everything you've planned for, everything you are, and everything you've been... Ceases to be.

Considering the eponymous album was released shortly after Deb Talan finished treatment for breast cancer, which she was diagnosed with after the birth of their third child together, the idea of a sudden awakening to one's own incredibly finite nature seems rather plausible.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: January 14, 2019, 07:01:38 pm »

I'm trying to find a song by Rush, and it eludes me.  The music video was released within the last ~5 years, and it's not Mystic Rhythms.  I'm completely blanking on the details, but I know it was more upbeat hard rock than their traditional stuff.  I think it was a new song in and of itself, definitely in the 21st century.  Edit: It's not Clockwork Angels. I vaguely recall the video having some concert footage in it. I think.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:31:08 pm by Immortal-D »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: January 17, 2019, 03:38:56 pm »

hmmm, how about this one ?
Klok the Kloker !

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: January 20, 2019, 10:03:01 pm »

You will be found

Increasingly, I am finding musicals to be a blessing and a curse. They raise one up to ambrosial heights, then lead one down the Styx.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: January 22, 2019, 01:34:22 am »

Eilen Jewell - Sea of Tears.

I had my doubts that her original material could compete with the amazing album she did of old blues covers. My doubts were stupid and wrong.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: January 22, 2019, 08:37:54 pm »

If you didn't know that Mongolian cowboy music was a thing or you're otherwise just a fan of weird aspect ratios like 3:1, you need The HU in your life.

If you feel weird rocking out to praise of Genghis Khan, maybe not.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:40:03 pm by Mephisto »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: January 23, 2019, 11:25:27 am »

Lemme guess; Yuve Yuve Yu? Had it pop up in my YouTube suggestions a while back... No idea why YouTube suggested Mongolian rock to me, but I'm not complaining.

Have I linked At the Bar yet? I dunno. Anyways, here it is.

Pretty much the only Hermano song I've heard and/or have listened to multiple times.

EDIT: And YouTube autoplay from that video gave me Kyuss' Space Cadet, which is a goddamn classic so I may as well link that as well.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: January 23, 2019, 09:01:26 pm »

Never played Touhou but this cover of Bad Apple is a goddamn banger
I haven't played that Touhou, it was pretty early, but thanks a lot for this.  Very solid cover all around, and the last few verses were new to me.  I assume the band added them, but they fit - and I've listened to this song a *lot* over the years, whenever I feel...  Dark, reaching for the light, but with little hope.

Enjoy whistling/humming this for the rest of your life suckers ahahahhahahaha!!
]

Checked for a little while before accepting that this doesn't appear to be from anything else.  Bold.
Yeah, this song basically got me into Warframe for a while.  It's pretty filky, particularly considering the sci-fi its the theme for.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: January 24, 2019, 02:13:08 am »

Payday The Heist, but with guitars.

That knot in your gut.  I'm on fire.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heatwave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: January 24, 2019, 05:27:18 am »

One of my favs right now:
Emily Wells - Becomes the Color

heatwave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: January 24, 2019, 07:21:24 am »