Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 460915 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #1875 on: February 10, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »

Les Discrets, Post-rocky 'shoegaze'.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1876 on: February 12, 2012, 01:22:04 am »

BANANAMAN

Also that's quite the music video. Still pretty rad.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 12, 2012, 05:13:18 pm »

Van Halen
Van Halen
Van Halen
Van Goddamn Halen
Van Halen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HifMA7gCM0

Van Halen

Stay frosty, dave
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 12, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

This is just.. art.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 13, 2012, 07:17:40 am »

Dubstep sucks
This is where gods play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

Smells like Dwarf Fortress brutality.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 13, 2012, 08:01:55 am »

Dubstep doesn't suck, no genre sucks. They can all be enjoyable.

Feed Me - Green Bottle
Minnesota - Push It

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:26 am »

Thats a good one.
Thanks to Carcass we have melodeath:D, but most of melodeath bands are bit non-brutal. They make it like metalcore, which is good, but it is too soft for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oGGud2Jk4
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 13, 2012, 09:52:44 am »

I agree with this. Just because someone doesn't like a genre doesn't make it all that sucky and full of fail. Also, dubstep today is what dubstep enthusiasts of the old times call 'brostep'. That being said, there are sucky artists... You can blame them instead.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:01 am »

Rational Gaze by Meshuggah has fast become one of my favorite songs of all time.
That insane complexity is just something that intrigues me to no end. I don't know if
people care about Meshuggah or not, but I think most people simply doesn't "get"
what they're trying to do. I'm not sure.
I would actually go so far as to say that this, or perhaps "the mouth licking what
you've bled" are some of the best songs ever made. This is weird, considering that
most music I listen to otherwise has an incredibly symphonic quality to it.
Oh well.

Lastly, I have some other-- very varied in style-- rock or metal songs :

AIM Project - The Mirror Of Life French - Progressive Metal/Djent/Oriental Metal

Yoshida Brothers - Rising  Japanese - Tsugaru-jamisen mixed with rock/metal

Kråkesølv - Skredder Norwegian- I don't even know what genre this is. Sounds like a mix between progressive rock and metal or something, especially in the guitars. I don't know.

Animals As Leaders - On Impulse Progressive jazz-fusion metal with djent elements. One of my favourite bands

Modern Day Babylon - Instant Djentlemen American(?) Progressive Metal / Djent / Ambient - instrumental

Coprofago - Hostile Silent Raptures Chilean - Industrial death jazz djent metal (yeah, I know, weird).

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:23 am »

I agree with this. Just because someone doesn't like a genre doesn't make it all that sucky and full of fail. Also, dubstep today is what dubstep enthusiasts of the old times call 'brostep'. That being said, there are sucky artists... You can blame them instead.

Dubstep makers dont even play instruments, while i even rock which i dont like a lot is better than dubstep, people play instrument(s) and it takes skill to do so. Unless you prove me wrong.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 13, 2012, 11:31:50 am »

DarkWolf, that makes so little sense. So every single song that has ever been made, where people don't play instruments, suck? All right, cool.
Being amazing at playing an instrument takes skill. Being amazing at producing, mastering and mixing takes skill.
Even though a song might take "no skill" to produce, does not mean it cannot be enjoyed, either.

That being said, music taste is subjective, so I wonder why we're even having this argument.

Music for the music thread.
Scale the Summit - Black Hills

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 13, 2012, 11:45:05 am »

Dubstep makers dont even play instruments, while i even rock which i dont like a lot is better than dubstep, people play instrument(s) and it takes skill to do so. Unless you prove me wrong.

Well, you do know that there are other aspects of music, rather than just instruments and the
skills needed to play them? Just to further pimp out my love for Meshuggah I'll say that part of
what makes them good is the insanely intricate and complex levels of theory they incorporate
outside of their instrumental skills. They have parts that are so mind-numbingly simple you'll ask
yourself why they're actually there, but mix it up with parts that need more skills to play.
It's all for the sake of pacing and composition, really.
Composition is the keyword here, since that is what separates good techno/house/whatever
from the garbage. This is the reason for why so much of the techno music genre is absolute
garbage, since if all you need to do to make music is download the "music maker fx lbah blah
whatever" program to make it, what's to stop a complete moron from making music? They just
go by personal feel or whatever, instead of an actual knowledge of how music fundamentally
works.
While I'm no fan of Skrillex, for example, you can kinda see how he has at least some knowledge
of music theory in the back of his head while he's making music. That's probably because he had
a background in the arts.

DarkWolf, that makes so little sense. So every single song that has ever been made, where people don't play instruments, suck? All right, cool.
Being amazing at playing an instrument takes skill. Being amazing at producing, mastering and mixing takes skill.
Even though a song might take "no skill" to produce, does not mean it cannot be enjoyed, either.

That being said, music taste is subjective, so I wonder why we're even having this argument.

Music for the music thread.
Scale the Summit - Black Hills
Very true, all of it, like I said previously. Music taste is subjective, however if a band is good or
not is NOT entirely subjective. Plenty of bands I detest that have remarkable skills.

Also: bonus points for Scale the summit.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 385