Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 530534 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4066 on: May 25, 2016, 10:31:02 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:54 pm »

I've said it before, but it bears repeating because I'm still listening to it, Stellaris has an amazing soundtrack

I usually turn the music off on games, but Stellaris really managed to carry the atmosphere the game tries to evoke with its soundtrack, in addition to being fine compositions in their own right. This one is my favorite.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4070 on: May 30, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 31, 2016, 09:21:30 pm »

I've said it before, but it bears repeating because I'm still listening to it, Stellaris has an amazing soundtrack

I usually turn the music off on games, but Stellaris really managed to carry the atmosphere the game tries to evoke with its soundtrack, in addition to being fine compositions in their own right. This one is my favorite.
Thank you for this. I can't really convey how it makes me feel very well, but... Hell. Before I die, I gotta go to frickin' space. At least once. I don't care if I'm gonna be disappointed, I just have to do it.
I guess whatever music can make one feel like this, must be pretty good music.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 31, 2016, 09:33:40 pm »

A friend recommended this to me.

It's a really psychadellic take on the hip-hop genre. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it...One of the songs from the album also has a fantastic music video.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:37:49 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 02, 2016, 04:09:48 pm »

So i recently started playing Dwarf Fortress again and had the most successfull Dwarf Fortress i ever had. Chantrazors. Why was it so successfull? Well i found an inexhaustible amount of gold. Mountains of it...literally. A Gold Vein which stretched for more than ten z-levels, i stopped counting at how much i found at around 10.000 bars of gold. And when this ridiculous gold vein finally ended, i found another one in another part of the map. By this point i was ridiculously rich and decided " fuck it lets go for the HFS". That didn't turn out good. I have always been a noob at this game and thought that a ten man military of legendary warriors decked out in steel would be enough to stop the Clown Car. Of course it wasn't and so i watched in dismay as my fortress was overrun...so i started three reclamation attempts...the problem was that the HFS had moved to teh surface and my wagons all spawned next to them...so i send 8 or 9 demigod explorers in...which failed too in the end i watched as my last attempt died in the arms of a Flying Waterdaemon, drowning and while i sat there i listened to this:

The Builders and the Butchers

TL;DR: Good music in the link.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 02, 2016, 04:43:22 pm »

So i recently started playing Dwarf Fortress again and had the most successfull Dwarf Fortress i ever had. Chantrazors. Why was it so successfull? Well i found an inexhaustible amount of gold. Mountains of it...literally. A Gold Vein which stretched for more than ten z-levels, i stopped counting at how much i found at around 10.000 bars of gold. And when this ridiculous gold vein finally ended, i found another one in another part of the map. By this point i was ridiculously rich and decided " fuck it lets go for the HFS". That didn't turn out good. I have always been a noob at this game and thought that a ten man military of legendary warriors decked out in steel would be enough to stop the Clown Car. Of course it wasn't and so i watched in dismay as my fortress was overrun...so i started three reclamation attempts...the problem was that the HFS had moved to teh surface and my wagons all spawned next to them...so i send 8 or 9 demigod explorers in...which failed too in the end i watched as my last attempt died in the arms of a Flying Waterdaemon, drowning and while i sat there i listened to this:

The Builders and the Butchers

TL;DR: Good music in the link.

Remember: You can't make weapons or armor out of gold (short of artifact weapons).

Anyway, I think I've fallen in love with the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series, despite not playing it.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan! - OST Track 7 - "Water and Melon"

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4075 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:57 am »

Xandria - Sisters of Light

I've decided I like Xandria.

I've fallen in love with the Yakuza

Snip snip.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 03, 2016, 05:42:27 am »

Epica - Storm the Sorrow

I've known about this band for several years, but for some reason started listening to their music only recently. Now I can't stop.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 06, 2016, 09:20:09 am »

Apparently this band called Babymetal is touring Europe, and visited the FortaRock festival in the city of Nijmegen in my country, last sunday. I had never heard of them.
Now I have. Could not stop laughing for the first watch. Now I'm afraid it's one of those things that once seen, cannot be unseen. They certainly bring Japanese metal to a whole new level.

I need a drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:25:44 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

Apparently this band called Babymetal is touring Europe, and visited the FortaRock festival in the city of Nijmegen in my country, last sunday. I had never heard of them.
Now I have. Could not stop laughing for the first watch. Now I'm afraid it's one of those things that once seen, cannot be unseen. They certainly bring Japanese metal to a whole new level.

I need a drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

Ooh, new Babymetal album!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 386