Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story  (Read 14311 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:36 pm »

Yeah, and I thought you were going to impregnate the 16-year-old and have to actually deal with your actions in some way, but no.  Nothing matters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2011, 05:14:20 am »

So I get the impression this is a game worthy of my time. Were I to attempt it, what should I expect from it?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2011, 06:43:53 am »

So I get the impression this is a game worthy of my time. Were I to attempt it, what should I expect from it?

Vans.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »

A fairly light plot with obvious "correct" choices, (mostly) really cute art, and some very well done relationships.  I have to say that the characterization is the strongest point of the entire thing.  Also, a fairly interesting look at social media in general.

Generally, though, I have to say that it's probably only worth playing through once.  Subsequent playthroughs didn't really change it significantly, IMO.  It's a great use of two hours, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

Vans.
And candy. Lots of candy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2011, 10:17:25 pm »

A fairly light plot with obvious "correct" choices, (mostly) really cute art, and some very well done relationships.  I have to say that the characterization is the strongest point of the entire thing.  Also, a fairly interesting look at social media in general.

Generally, though, I have to say that it's probably only worth playing through once.  Subsequent playthroughs didn't really change it significantly, IMO.  It's a great use of two hours, though.

So choosing the obvious correct choices and the other ones doesn't actually change much?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2011, 10:20:24 pm »

So choosing the obvious correct choices and the other ones doesn't actually change much?

I'm not totally sure, but on my playthrough there wasn't that much weird.  You should ask someone who picked all of the wrong answers to see what happened.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2011, 10:53:44 pm »

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2011, 11:02:46 pm »

Yes I did, and I agree. Almost wish there was an option to introduce her to the back of my hand.
My personality profile.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]