Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Live Once More! Undead RTD. Turn 2. Deadly serious situation .  (Read 5523 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's my first RTD so i hope it will turn out well. I felt that i need to do something more creative to work on my English writing skills and Rtd form looked pretty fun. Standard rolling rules (1- complete failure, 6- overshoot) with rare shifts from skills or situation. I accept 5 players as i probably couldn't handle more.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)

Ask if something is unclear.

Moon was rising above Highwar as the three hooded figures entered the graveyard on the outskirts of the town. They knew that nobody will interrupt them, old cemetery guard would kill his own mother for the few gold coins - nevertheless they moved quickly as if expecting trouble. This time it was not some petty ritual, this time they will open the gates of the netherworld itself! Preparations for tonight started nearly immediately as their leader get his hands on the mysterious grimoire. Ingredients alone cost them fortune, but if everything would go with the plan it won't matter anyway. They headed for the big granite structure in the farthest corner of the necropolis. Overcoming the old Droevigger Tomb door was bit tricky,stubborn old fools carved the door in one stone block with mechanism inside, getting the key was a messy work - at least it's owner was a good training before tonight trial. Crypt was ideal place to perform the ritual, lots of perfectly preserved corpses both family and their servants as well as few house friends, many buried with their weapons and armor. Of course there were rumors about the Droeviggers cursed ancestors that stalked the underground crypt but they never found anything down there. That should change soon, though. They lit the blacked candles in the tomb main chamber and  began drawing as soon as their entered.First the circles on the floor with silver dust, followed by the lines draw in blood around the stand standing in the middle of the room. As midnight closed in tallest man opened the old stained tome and started chanting the long forgotten words...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:11:46 pm by Tyberix »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Live Once More! Undead RTD.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »

Name: Edgar D'Argor
Bio: A captain of the 8492nd battalion in elf-human wars, Edgar led a troop of elite cavalry in several flanking attacks on elven forces. He was eventually killed in an ambush laid by the elves, mutilated, partially eaten, and left suspended in the air on his own pike as an insult to the humans.
Race: Corporeal Undead
Inventory: Steel Pike "Fersuena" - This is Edgar's personal pike. When he was killed his body was impaled upon it and left to rot - until he was recovered and laid to rest.
Specialty: Polearms - Edgar's trained to use pikes, spears, halberds, and similar his entire life.

Would it be possible to request being a skeleton? If not, no problem, I just thought I'd ask.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:16:39 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »

Name: Nal Lort
Bio: A very old gypsy from 1750, Nal saved a man who was high in power. When that man "mysteriously" died, Nal took over. Nal was killed by poisoned croutons.
Race: Incorporeal Undead
Inventory: Sacrificial Dagger
Skill: Terrifying laugh (+1 to creeping people out with a cackle)

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:12 pm »

im in (:

Name: Ivan "Hard" Stones
Bio: A rebellious dwarf who wanted to see the world. At the age of 16 he left for a city now destroyed by human raiders. He made many friends but a few days before the attack he was mugged then promptly stabbed stabbed in the "stones" but the attack didn't pierce so he was then got his neck slit...
Race: Corporal Dead
Item: Rusty Spoon
Skill: Thick Hide (+1 to all rolls on whether a enemy attack did any damage)
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:13:24 pm »

Question: If you're Incorporeal, can you possess people?

Name: Tarran Etran.
Bio: Tarran was a commander of a group of cavalrymen in a long forgotten war many years ago between the dwarves and humans. He died while bravely charging singlehandedly into a squad of dwarves after a battle was lost and his troops killed down to the last man. His body was burnt to a crisp in a volcano after the battle, so his grave was put up with his sword instead. He never got any medals for his bravery, so he's pretty vengeful.
Race: Incorporeal Undead.
Inventory: Tungsten Carbide Longsword.
Specialty: Swordsman: +1 to using swords.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »

Name: George Mayer

Bio: A crossbowman from the 1790's who died in the heat of battle.

Race: Corporeal Undead (Skeletons,Zombies,Mummies and more)

Inventory: 1 crossbow

Specialty: Chivalry: +1 crossbow accuracy

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »

Name: Albas Dumbledoor
Bio: After the humans stole knowledge of magic from the Elven libraries, Albas dedicated to his life's work to studying it. He chose the hard path of non-ritual related magic. However, his knowledge of magic did not prevent him from dying at the age of 83.
Race: Incorpreal Undead
Inventory:Magic Staff
Specialty: I'm a Wizard - +1 to using magic.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:39 am »

I'll post first turn soon.

Question: If you're Incorporeal, can you possess people?
Depends on type, 2 out of 7 could do it :P

Name: Albas Dumbledoor
Bio: After the humans stole knowledge of magic from the Elven libraries, Albas dedicated to his life's work to studying it. He chose the hard path of non-ritual related magic. However, his knowledge of magic did not prevent him from dying at the age of 83.
Race: Incorpreal Undead
Inventory:Magic Staff
Specialty: I'm a Wizard - +1 to using magic.
Just to be precise: undead magic is other than living so it's not guaranteed that you could cast anything right away. That would probably make it easier to learn it though. Of course if you end up as inherently casting type that's not the problem.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:24 am »

Its all good. We'll see what happens.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:21 am »

As the last word of the ritual is spoken, the dark tome starts to radiate purple light.Chamber is filled with the hushed whispers, they sound  like they were excited by the event. Whisper grow louder with each moment, soon the first souls are pulled out from the netherworld - five silver streams coming from the book towards the coffins. Tomb is filled with silent voices of the newcomers.

Spoiler: Trollan: (click to show/hide)

You suddenly feel again. How ?... You're not sure.
Last thing you remember is that awful soup that was served on saturday supper.But you don't feel pain in your stomach anymore that's for sure, and you feel like you lost a lot of weight.What's weirdest you see your own body lying beside you in this .. what's this place anyway ? There is something weird going on. ... You suddenly hear some voice ordering you to move towards him. What's strange it sounds like an order but not very convincing.You try to push the slab above you back but you pass trough it. Well, moving trough the solid stone isn't something normal. What's going on in here ?

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate: (click to show/hide)

You burn. As your body is reconstructed you feel again the strikes of the enemy, weapons going trough your flesh. But what's happening ? ... You're as confused as before, but the pain lessens for a while.
You're sure it was all just a nightmare. How else you could not feel the wound in your chest that pike left? .. Suddenly the voice sounds in your ears telling you to get to him. That's silly. Why he thinks he can order you around ?
Anyway it's no point lying in this thight box. You push the stone above your head and get out your temporarty prison. Were you always that strong ?

Spoiler: jakeread1: (click to show/hide)
You wake up! Well, that for sure was unexpected. These thugs looked like they were ready to kill you! But you're  here now ,so ...... Damn. You knew it was too good to be true, you don't feel few important parts of your body anymore so it's safe to say you lost them. You're Dead boy, or to be precise you were dead. Someone must have brought you back, you heard stories told to scare the children  back in your homeland. Well it would explain the strange flavor in the air, it must be some kind of magic. You have heard of some forbidden rituals that can bring back the dead, but they always came back in one part in these stories. ... You hear voice calling you to itself. Why he must shout ? It's not like it would change your mind. Well, time to get out of this coffin! You push the lid with your full strength and get out of your stone bed.

Spoiler: Tarran: (click to show/hide)

You feel chilly. So cold that you want to be back where you have been. But.. you were dying! How is this possible ? You feel there's something strange in the air, and what's weirder you feel something in the shadows. They feel real. Suddenly you realize that the bedtime stories your parents told you were true. You become one of the shadows, brought back to haunt the living. You feel sudden urge to cry out loud,but you know what will happen afterwards.[/abbr=6]..[/abbr]You feel alien voice commanding you to come to him. Why he thinks he could command you!
You don't even try to open the coffin you just pass trough it.

Spoiler: ggamer: (click to show/hide)

You suddenly wake up. How it's possible ? You remember your fatal wounds ! .. Well, lack of flesh on the hand is certainly disturbing. You heard of soldiers that lived with skin and muscle torn from them but this is not looking bright. How can you feel  your hand without them anyway ? Ah,yes..you are dead. That thought hit you as soon as you look on your chest , there is no way you could live without heart. .. You suddenly hear booming voice ordering you to come to its owner. You feel you must do it. You push back slab of your grave and get out of it.

Spoiler: Krath: (click to show/hide)

That was some good sleep. You don't even remember when you gone to sleep. You were very tired and.. NO. It's impossible! You cannot be dead! But if you're not dead that would mean.. There were theories of forbidden knowledge coursing among the elves. It must be it, how else could you sense so much magic around ? It's other than you remember though, filled with screams and whispers of .. well whoever they are they were less lucky than you... You hear voice ordering you to get to him. You feel like you should obey it ,you pass trough the wall of your resting place.

After leaving your own tombs you find yourself in the big chamber, filled with gloom purple light. Three hooded figures look at you from their sliver circles as you enter the room. But your eyes are focused on something else: The book in the room center. You can clearly hear the call of the netherworld coming from it's pages, it was that book that brought you back. You can almost feel the sea of souls that the tome is opened to. One of the men turn toward you and speak: "You are now under our control, we brought you back and we can send you there again if you fail. Your first task is to secure the entrance to the crypt while we finish the ritual. Go now!"
Somehow you don't feel obliged to do it. Purple light in the chamber is getting brighter, and you can hear distant screams of agony coming from the book. You all suddenly remember your own stay in netherworld, and know that the gate opened by the book will collapse if they will try to force more souls back into this world.But you don't know what will be the effect of it.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Live Once More! Undead RTD. Turn 0.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 04:08:24 am »

Clearly these sorcerers are the bad guys here.

Attempt to cast a spell on the nearest hooded figure. If that doesn't work, thwack them over the head with my staff and hope it doesn't just pass through.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:20:32 am »

Edgar growled in low, menacing tones. He hungered for the flesh of the living... and it looked like one of the others they had summoned wanted to kill them too. He spoke a low grunt that sounded of acquiescence, then raised Fersuena and stabbed it towards the closest necromancer. He was through taking orders the moment the general had ordered him into a suicide situation and abandoned his unit to die.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »

"How disrespectful! EVERYONE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO ME! DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE SHIT I WENT THROUGH?! AND WHAT DO I GET?!"

Banshee Scream at the necromancers. How dare they tell me what to do!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 01:18:19 pm »

TolyK, the ghost, says,
"Dammit I'm too late be revive  :'("
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:18 pm »

try to ask what is going on, then poke somebody and make them tired if they do not answer
Pages: [1] 2 3