Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Genesis Mod Succession Game  (Read 5948 times)

pieisgoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genesis Mod Succession Game
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »

Recently I've come across Deon's fantastic Genesis Mod. It includes an extrenly large amount of things like new races and 9 dwarven castes. As I started playing it I realized that the mod would make for an amazing succession game! Also here's a link to the Genesis mod topic for so you can downlad it and see all the new features.http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0
One thing that you should know is that the ACSII tileset isn't ready yet so I'm using the Phoebus tileset in the meantime.

Rules
  • Everyturn lasts one year from spring to spring.
  • Have Fun!

Turn Order
  • Pieisgoo
  • asfghn
  • fivex
  • ninja137
  • SirAaronIII
  • RTiger
  • userpay
  • Daff
  • dragoncurse
  • melkor
  • Baron Baconeer
  • Slax

Embark Site
Before I choose and embark site I want to know where everyone would like us to embark. Just post in the thread and tell me your embark preferences and I'll try to find something that suits everyone. Also I modded out Aquifers because I hate dealing with them.

We'll start when we've chosen an embark site and at least 4 people have signed up.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:11:41 pm by pieisgoo »

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:16:13 pm »

ME ME ME OH MY GOD

[edit] Now that I've posted... ♥

I am pretty ambivalent to embark sites, actually! In my own games I tend to have a preference for Savage or Evil sites of any grade (I had one Terrifying fort where for the first year everyone died except two dwarves, and I ran it with that skeleton crew until my first wave of poor fools migrants), but I'm not sure exactly how much Fun that would make for a succession game (this is my first ever!), or if that degree of Fun is actually desirable.

HOW DO YOU MOD OUT AQUIFERS, OH MY GOD I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:21:32 pm by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:26:23 pm »

I want in.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »

I want in, but I am rather new, and have never done anything like this, so I have no idea how to get the saves/upload them after my turn is up.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »

Posting to watch, this has the potential to be pretty epic.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »

I want in, but I am rather new, and have never done anything like this, so I have no idea how to get the saves/upload them after my turn is up.
Put the region folder into a .zip or .rar file or something similar, then upload it to: dffd.wimbli.com

Dorf me as a shroom dwarf please! Job doesn't matter, but please make it a male smith of some kind.
As for site, tropical forests. Preferably with high savagery so we can get them dragon raptors and giant felines.  :D

Also, why can't we use Ironhand? Isn't the current Phoebus kind of buggy? Or are we using the unofficial update from Phoebus himself? If not, is tetrahedrite fixed? Is anthracite in? OH GOD SO MANY QUESTIONS
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:07:37 am »

in

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:34:23 am »

I'm interested in participating in this. Though when you upload the save I'd suggest uploading the entire thing, save, game, and all. Fewer chances of something borking that way. Also mod it so that dwarves can make masks. I'm also wondering if we should wait for the next version of Genesis though... Should be soon right?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 01:11:58 am »

I'm also wondering if we should wait for the next version of Genesis though... Should be soon right?
Yeah, and Deon said it's gonna be the "final" version. You guys should wait, IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:13:54 am by Raul »

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 01:15:40 am »

Wait or not I wanna play toooooooo!!!!

So yeah count me in :)

EDIT: Deon said the next version should be up in "propably 1-2 days" so I think we should wait for that. Also the idea about uploading the entire game when switching is a good one, should help avoid any weirdness or bugs.

Oh and something savage as surroundings please... (although I'm a bit scared about the undead, I have no experience handling them.) :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:51:57 am by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pieisgoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 06:36:46 am »

I guess we'll wait for the new version. Also as for embark site I've always wanted to embark on an evil desert. You guys up for that?

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 07:08:16 am »

Oh lawd I'm in.

By the way, my first participation in a succession game if be. :D
:3

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 07:31:05 am »

Sounds good to me, just make it a savage evil desert :D
Giant desert scorpions are awesome.

Lets just try not to have too much fun, would be nice if the fort survived for a while and would have all sorts of cool stuff built :)
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:50 am »

Put the region folder into a .zip or .rar file or something similar, then upload it to: dffd.wimbli.com

Dorf me as a shroom dwarf please! Job doesn't matter, but please make it a male smith of some kind.
As for site, tropical forests. Preferably with high savagery so we can get them dragon raptors and giant felines.  :D

Also, why can't we use Ironhand? Isn't the current Phoebus kind of buggy? Or are we using the unofficial update from Phoebus himself? If not, is tetrahedrite fixed? Is anthracite in? OH GOD SO MANY QUESTIONS
How do I zip the folder? Never really done this before, so sorry for the qestions.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 01:07:27 pm »

Got some further wishes for the embark, lots of minerals and flux if possible, would be nice to get a steel industry going but if no flux I suppose we could go places with just iron (magma-safe)
And it's more funzies with different minerals ;)

How do I zip the folder? Never really done this before, so sorry for the qestions.

Atleast for winrar you propably have the options for "add to archive..." and "add to [folder name].rar" in your right-click menu in windows explorer, if not open winrar and find the folder you want to archive and press Add from the menu. If you need more help, google, there should be some clear step by step instructions somewhere (propably on the official site).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5