Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slash'em. It's Nethack with MUCH more stuff in it.  (Read 3693 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Slash'em. It's Nethack with MUCH more stuff in it.
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:25:34 am »

Slash'em is a mod for Nethack that combines two previous mods. Slash and Extended Magic. In my opinion, it is the best Nethack mod out there and is better than vanilla.

Here are some of the things it adds:

Lightsabers!

Pills! (Grabbin' peeelz)

Firearms!

New levels!

Shopkeeper services!

Grenades!

New enemies!

New artifacts!

Race and profession related techniques!

And some other things I forgot...

You can find the link below.

http://slashem.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:33:41 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slash'em. It's Nethack with MUCH more stuff in it.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:24 am »

Nearly won it once. Got braindead near the end since it got so easy and YASD'd. I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again:

How to win Slash'em:
1. Vampire Barbarian
2. Startscum until you get an early wish (probably fountain)
3. Blessed ring of slow digestion

Get your hands on a firearm (personally, I like auto shotguns) as a backup weapon and you'll never have trouble again. The only real issue is the difficulty of getting intrinsics, but there's always crowning (the prayer timeout penalty isn't as bad when you're as tough as you are with this combo).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:36:25 am by 3 »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:36:13 am »

Nearly won it once. Got braindead near the end since it got so easy and YASD'd. I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again:

How to win Slash'em:
1. Vampire Barbarian
2. Startscum until you get an early wish (probably fountain)
3. Blessed ring of slow digestion

Get your hands on a firearm (Personally, I like auto shotguns) as a backup weapon and you'll never have trouble again. The only real issue is the difficulty of getting intrinsics, but there's always crowning (the prayer timeout penalty isn't as bad when you're as tough as you are with this combo).
Vampires lack the ability to get immunity from corpses. Also, very few classes have access to firearm skill.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:42:28 am »

I said that.

The only real issue is the difficulty of getting intrinsics, but there's always crowning (the prayer timeout penalty isn't as bad when you're as tough as you are with this combo).

Also, very few classes have access to firearm skill.

Right, but they do such absurd damage that it honestly doesn't matter. I was killing things in two/three unenchanted shots well into the later levels of the dungeons, with no firearms skill.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:45:53 am »

I said that.

The only real issue is the difficulty of getting intrinsics, but there's always crowning (the prayer timeout penalty isn't as bad when you're as tough as you are with this combo).

Also, very few classes have access to firearm skill.

Right, but they do such absurd damage that it honestly doesn't matter. I was killing things in two/three unenchanted shots well into the later levels of the dungeons, with no firearms skill.
Where did you get the gun?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:14 am »

Random... lieutenant, I think, although I might be completely wrong as it was ages ago. Definitely found it in a barracks, that I remember.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 01:51:43 am »

Random... lieutenant, I think, although I might be completely wrong as it was ages ago. Definitely found it in a barracks, that I remember.
Leutenants usually have auto-shotguns or s-mgs.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:02:11 am »

I need to know; Will I still be able to see my good friend, Gnome w/ Wand of Disintegration? Of is it a total conversion?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:55 am »

I need to know; Will I still be able to see my good friend, Gnome w/ Wand of Disintegration? Of is it a total conversion?
Yeah, you can still see Gnome w/ Wand of Disintegration. Slash'em dosen't remove anything, it just adds.