Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SleepWalkin in da streets, 'sup bogeybro  (Read 979 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
SleepWalkin in da streets, 'sup bogeybro
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »

So me and my girl, a female macewoman, went out to kill a bandit, accidently wiped out the whole camp due to my super human strength accompanied by her crippling maceblows, LIMBS AND GUTS errywhere, i have tried this before, sleeping in a fortress to wake up in the middle of the night somewhere not-so-terribly far outside the fortress, i was lucky, no bullshit bogeymen, so i ran as fast as i could back into the fortress to accompany the macewoman, who wanted to die in honour with me. We slept untill dawn, then we were going to return to the little coastal village of "Fruitedspots" and claim this camp leader's death, but it was going late, so we stayed in a hamlet over the night, i forgot to ask for a room, and due to the habit of sleeping just outside houses, as theese filthy hobo's i tend to play as, i ofcourse began sleepwalking, then i was waked up by a pack of bogeymen, i had a little fight, then i fled to find my companion, she woke up and joined the fight, somehow while she was dealing with one single stupid bogey, the other bogeys ran to me, and got me on the floor, and began with their business, i dont know if she was stupid or anything, as she was just playing around with this horribly mutilated corpse while my brain was pulled out of my anus or something..

Seriously, i hate sleepwalking and bogeymen..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: SleepWalkin in da streets, 'sup bogeybro
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

Wait, you had a companion, how did the bogeymen ambush you? Either bogeymen are getting smarter or you've found a glitch of some sorts.
Blargh.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:35:20 pm »

1 companion still has a reasonable chance, not sure if it's 2 or 3 that (appears to) totally remove the chance.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:40:02 pm »

Oh.. ok :)

I just had this long adventure, i didnt kill much, but hell i did kill something of meaning.
Jack the smiter, Cribbled Hero has retired after a cribbled foot in a long fight with a deadly horror of beneath.
He could not stand anymore, was slow as a mule, but he adventured, that little spot in the middle of the mainland, of the Planes of Forever

Btw, i returned to this Jack, to discover that its not a missing limb, but a damaged nerve system, will that heal=
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:01:55 pm by DrPoo »

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:48 pm »

Btw, i returned to this Jack, to discover that its not a missing limb, but a damaged nerve system, will that heal=
Sadly, no. Nerves don't heal.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:51 pm »

Sadly, no. Nerves don't heal, without temporary modding.
Fixed. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:03:12 pm »

And why maces? Don't they suck due to high contact area or something?
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 09:08:53 pm »

Yes they generally do less damage, but if that's the only person/weapon you were able to find, then you can't complain.

Perhaps you were ambushed specifically because you were separated from your companion by a certain distance? How far away were you?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 07:24:58 am »

Maces have twice the contact area of hammers with twice the weight so I think they should be nearly the same. It's the flails and mauls that suffer from too high contact area. Maces might even be superior in adventure mode because the skill allows you to use both maces and morning stars, both of which are quite decent and it's also easier to shop surf for decent quality weapon when you have two to choose from.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:18 am »

I dont know, i just know she came running when she saw me getting brutally slaughtered by a bogeyman..

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »

Maces have twice the contact area of hammers with twice the weight so I think they should be nearly the same. It's the flails and mauls that suffer from too high contact area. Maces might even be superior in adventure mode because the skill allows you to use both maces and morning stars, both of which are quite decent and it's also easier to shop surf for decent quality weapon when you have two to choose from.
Morning stars (not usre if this is how they are called ingame) are mace weapons but seem to be very strong.