Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: those damn traders. -.-  (Read 3024 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: those damn traders. -.-
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »

Or, if you're feeling squanderous, ☼«☼adamantine barrel☼»☼ studded with adamantine that menaces with spikes of adamantine and hanging rings of adamantine. Filled with said ☼roasts☼. You could probably buy the whole damn planet for such a barrel.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 02:56:08 pm »

Or, if you're feeling squanderous, ☼«☼adamantine barrel☼»☼ studded with adamantine that menaces with spikes of adamantine and hanging rings of adamantine. Filled with said ☼roasts☼. You could probably buy the whole damn planet for such a barrel.
What if that happened in legends mode? LOL

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »

Urist McTrader has bought The Planet of Beards with Monkeythunder, the adamantine prepared meal barrel.

:P

Would be amusing indeed. But yeah, roasts are an extremely profitable business, so if you're having problems with greedy traders, chuck a few roasts in their faces. They're likely to be ecstatic about it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 05:01:18 pm »

Indeed. Even with something as simple as plump helmets, a masterpiece lavish meal is usually worth 2000-8000 dorfbux, sometimes more. Gold bars are something like 200, if i'm not completely wrong.

So four plump helmets are worth forty gold bars. Huh.
16 vs 16,000. No, a hundred plumps for one gold bar.
Unless you cook them.
Huh, I bet +gold roast+s would be really valuable. (How do you make the dwarfbuck symbol?)

Urist McTrader has bought The Planet of Beards with Monkeythunder, the adamantine prepared meal barrel.

:P

Would be amusing indeed.
Un. Der. Statement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 08:13:33 pm »

Oh, I only trade with the elves! They're so nice. I just trade some rocky junk to the humans and dwarves. Booze from the dwarves, something from humans.

But, man, those elves. Dat elf, man. Dat elf...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »

Oh, I only trade with the elves! They're so nice. I just trade some rocky junk to the humans and dwarves. Booze from the dwarves, something from humans.

But, man, those elves. Dat elf, man. Dat elf...

Heretic.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 08:19:00 pm »

Now now, it isn't heresy if the elves are bringing Giant Eagles or something similarly awesome.

But my experiance is that they generally only do so once or twice  EVER and then just bring metric tons of -rope reed cloth-
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:30 pm »

But my experiance is that they generally only do so once or twice  EVER and then just bring metric tons of -rope reed cloth-

Same here. On the other hand, they have yet to dare tell me what I can and cannot do with the trees on my land, so I haven't introduced the hippies to my ultra-legendary military yet.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »

Same here. On the other hand, they have yet to dare tell me what I can and cannot do with the trees on my land, so I haven't introduced the hippies to my ultra-legendary military yet.
Same. I'm waiting for the day those tree-huggers try to tell me not to do exactly what they do all the damn time.

I'm not going to be told not to cut down trees, especially not by a guy trying to sell me wooden armor, wooden weapons, wooden beds, wooden barrels, wooden jewelry, wooden...etc...etc.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:53 pm »

Indeed. Even with something as simple as plump helmets, a masterpiece lavish meal is usually worth 2000-8000 dorfbux, sometimes more. Gold bars are something like 200, if i'm not completely wrong.

So four plump helmets are worth forty gold bars. Huh.

You can't eat gold. Dorfs are practical when it doesn't involve directly killing themselves or something else.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:07 pm »

traders are greedy and will ask for more because you have more. if you trade all the items you brought to the depot you can give them a 1 DB profit and have them accept it.
LOSING IS FUN!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:55 pm »

Tried that. Didn't work.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 10:16:32 pm »

Just slaughter them and take all the stuff. That's what I usually do, anyways.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 10:16:44 pm »

Or, if you're feeling REALLY squanderous, ☼«☼adamantine barrel☼»☼ studded with adamantine that menaces with spikes of adamantine and hanging rings of adamantine loaded with ☼roasts☼ which are also studded, menacing with, and with hanging rings of adamantine. All ☼masterwork☼, of course.

And the roasts' ingredients? 4 adamantine wafers.  ;D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:09 am »

Or, if you're feeling REALLY squanderous, ☼«☼adamantine barrel☼»☼ studded with adamantine that menaces with spikes of adamantine and hanging rings of adamantine loaded with ☼roasts☼ which are also studded, menacing with, and with hanging rings of adamantine. All ☼masterwork☼, of course.

And the roasts' ingredients? 4 adamantine wafers.  ;D

Modding adamantine to be edible? Squanderous! Someone should do this! (I have no modding skill)
Pages: 1 [2] 3