Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153802 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 19: Enraging Durnneran. That's GOTTA hurt.
« Reply #960 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

What modifiers are there for Martial Arts/Wrestling? Assuming I get standard magic battle fists, of course.
Well, there's no modifiers for wrestling in the weapon flavor area since they aren't weapons. They remain the same: About as good hitting as longswords, but hardly as good since they do not get damage buffs the higher tier the weapon is since there are no weapons for wrestling. So they rely on the stances.

All right. I was hoping for a "fist weapons" category that used wrestling, though. Iron knuckles, Tonfa, nunchucks? Dah! They don't really fit into your weapon skill list either, since they are technically hammer weapons that rely on *agility* and not strength. It's a modification in wrestling, in that I trade the ability to grapple for higher average damage.

Alternatively, if you stick with just stances, can I assume my offensive stances will also be "tiered" like weapons?
I'm guessing weapon tiers relate to level, then, so I could upgrade them once a level, correct?

And that's pretty much all the questions I have on this. Now, feel free to mutate my arms and legs away, for irony.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 04, 2011, 02:08:56 pm »

If you're lucky you might get extra arms and legs, or tentacles. If you're REALLY lucky you might get a stretchy body. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 04, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »

I'd love to get 4 *useful* arms, I'd be like Goro from MK. Or more like Sheeva, since I'm a female...

Plastic Man Mutation=do not want.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:55 pm »

I'd rather be Kintaro. Goro and Sheeva are easy to defeat, but damn if I can remember the last time I beat him. Also, no stretchy limbs? Nobody could run away! You could be like a boa constrictor and wrap around their body, then crush them. :3 Or just do One Piece-style stuff. Mmm, that brings me to a question. Hey, Tarran. If there was a mutation that we wanted to keep, would it be possible to do something to make it permanent?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 04, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »

All right. I was hoping for a "fist weapons" category that used wrestling, though. Iron knuckles...
You can get those for plain out damage boosts, but the chances to find one in loot is a crapshoot. You'd have to get a blacksmith to make it for you.

...Tonfa, nunchucks?
But good luck making these, no one really knows how to make these in these areas of the world, so you'd have to guide them the whole way through, and thus have to roll some luck rolls.

Alternatively, if you stick with just stances, can I assume my offensive stances will also be "tiered" like weapons?
Yes. Try for something stronger, you'll get something stronger.

I'm guessing weapon tiers relate to level, then, so I could upgrade them once a level, correct?
Huh?

If you're lucky you might get extra arms and legs, or tentacles. If you're REALLY lucky you might get a stretchy body. :3
...You know... you just pretty much guessed one of my mutations in the list of mutations that I was rolling for for one of you when you were getting mutations, which you didn't get. I forgot who it was for, though.

Hey, Tarran. If there was a mutation that we wanted to keep, would it be possible to do something to make it permanent?
Yes.

However, because you guys aren't being curious enough, I won't tell you.

Hint: The knowledge is with someone you neglected to interact with the entire time you've been with said person. I even gave you guys a hint a few turns back, but you guys ignored it. The knowledge is also with some type of store venders.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 04, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »

I'm not ignoring Dostricht, it's just the middle of a mission doesn't seem like an appropriate time to stop him and ask him about his mutations. (I'm assuming it's him because he has useful ones like a good carapace.) So alchemists can make potions for that? What stat governs alchemy, intelligence? Would it be possible to try to make such potions ourselves, or make potions to try and increase the chances of certain mutations developing when chaos reaches high enough?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 04, 2011, 02:34:10 pm »

The fact that Dostricht has bladed tail, dragon wings and carapace-all positive mutations and no bad ones, and moderate levels of chaos, means you can keep good mutations while getting rid of the bad ones...I would guess you have to keep yourself mildly irradiated at all times, so it doesn't go low enough to unmutate. Easy enough with all this chaos water around!

Ahh, but there is the question! Do you play a mutant warrior, carefully developing good mutations and purging bad ones while keeping yourself from turning into a chaos mass, OR do you try to stay pure and unchanged, but deny yourself the obvious benefits and downfalls mutations can bring?

EDIT: ninja post may invalidate all above information.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:08 pm »

GODDAM NINJAS!
ya said it all.
except that I'm a polymorpher :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 04, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »

I'm not ignoring Dostricht, it's just the middle of a mission doesn't seem like an appropriate time to stop him and ask him about his mutations.
Well, you guys are being rather quiet. He was like the only one talking. So I'd say he's fine with you guys talking whenever so long as you aren't busy getting killed.

So alchemists can make potions for that?
Nope. It needs a constant source to maintain the mutations.

What stat governs alchemy, intelligence?
Oh great, the players are getting ideas that you didn't think of. Good job Tarran. ::)

Anyway, I see no bad reasoning with that. However, since you all love luck dices rolls, I'll also have luck dice rolls.

Would it be possible to try to make such potions ourselves, or make potions to try and increase the chances of certain mutations developing when chaos reaches high enough?
Nope, not possible.

The fact that Dostricht has bladed tail, dragon wings and carapace-all positive mutations and no bad ones, and moderate levels of chaos, means you can keep good mutations while getting rid of the bad ones...I would guess you have to keep yourself mildly irradiated at all times, so it doesn't go low enough to unmutate. Easy enough with all this chaos water around!
Indeed.

Anyway, is that everyone?

...No it isn't, Draignean hasn't posted his action yet, I believe.

He he he he, I got another excuse for lazyness besides lazyness~!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:46:52 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »

Okay, I looked back and Dostricht started with NO chaos, and now he's absorbed 45 with no changes.

He's more of a badass than I thought! That means for sure, there's some sort of secret to stabilize your mutations without constant irradiations.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 04, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »

Okay, I looked back and Dostricht started with NO chaos, and now he's absorbed 45 with no changes.
No, wait, he has... DARN IT I FORGOT AGAIN! He's supposed to have 27, not 45. I misstyped some time ago. Seriously, why do I always forget the things I TRY to remember but then forget about five minutes later?!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »

Hmm, does seem like a tradeoff. I suppose you could either just try to stay as low chaos as possible so you don't worry about anything or do the tightrope act of being just irradiated enough to keep the mutations you like. This brings me to another question. Say Kirion lives and I want to keep the crab hands but not the crippling disability of the lungs. I manage to get chaos in such a range that that happens, then it goes up enough for a mutation again. Do I immediately get pwnt once more or is there a roll for a new mutation?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 04, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »

New roll for a new mutation.

Go crazy. :)

However, to prevent exploityness, the thing that maintains mutations without doing a chaos-balancing act will be very expensive.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 04, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »

Hmm, I see. I'll remember that. We'll ALL remember that. :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 04, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »

Indeed!

@SeriousConcentrate: Maybe can develop an extra pair of lungs to balance out his weakened ones! Until those are weakened as well, then you'll need three pairs.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139