Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153129 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 9: Bat pieces. Cutting of self. Lootz.
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2011, 04:43:16 am »

I'll packmule for you and hold the heavier one.
Thanks. Hopefully once I get some minions, at least one will be able to carry stuff.

Yeah, duh. With the windy thing.
You've tried to fire a boltless crossbow before, I don't think it was strange to ask. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:36 am »

:/

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2011, 09:08:43 am »

Hmm, you've got Earth magic right Tolyk? Mind making some sort of inverted bowl made out of rock? Preferably relatively light yet solid.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2011, 11:37:02 am »

Hmm, you've got Earth magic right Tolyk? Mind making some sort of inverted bowl made out of rock? Preferably relatively light yet solid.
Make an light, yet solid, inverted bowl out of rock.
You owe me one.  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:55 am »

Use my wind magic to turn that thing into a hovercraft.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:33 am »

lol
this will be fun
(oh, and I can fly anyways  :P)

I'll shield it later too.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2011, 12:19:41 am »

Badump-dump-BUMP off the second page for a turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 17, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

I noticed the game being on second page and started the turn. Have patience, it should be done... relatively quickly unless I find something addicting to do.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 17, 2011, 01:10:15 am »

Anyone mentions Minecraft and I'll kill them.

...crap.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 17, 2011, 01:12:49 am »

Ssss*boom*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 17, 2011, 01:15:31 am »

Anyone mentions Minecraft and I'll kill them.

...crap.
Don't play minecraft. Heck, I barely play anything awesome these days. I always worry I'll get bored and think of the stuff as a waste of money.

Anyway, serious magic balancing coming up. This includes many weakenings of enchantments, to limit your ability to overpower yourself. Because, with the way the rules are set up, you can easily overpower yourself.

Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 17, 2011, 02:00:12 am »

And as a further change, all magic enchanted items now have charges. Since, seriously, I just know you guys are going to super-enchant everything you get your hands on. Don't even try to deny it. :P
But... but... :(

However, to make magic-generated items more worthwhile, items generated magical have no charge for their magic enchantments. So that +5 Longsword of Awesomeness is as useful as it starts generated as for the entire game.
You should really include some method of making our own permanent items, even if it's far from the norm. Maybe have them require special reagents?

Also, I am now limiting enchantments to one per total-item. Meaning if you put together pieces of a sword which have an enchantment each, you will have to specify which one to keep. This is because not only would it have been annoying to keep track of individually enchanted pieces, but because it would've been too powerful.
Aw. Also, I still like the idea of being able to spend multiple turns to get a better effect, or at least the chance of a better effect, like encrusting items in DF and hoping the quality turns out right.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 17, 2011, 02:09:07 am »

I will always, always try to break rules  :P

well, ok. just a note that my armor reflects the magic back (I agree that that is OP), perhaps they absorb part and reflect part of the damage? otherwise, that's fine.
 :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 17, 2011, 02:10:41 am »

And as a further change, all magic enchanted items now have charges. Since, seriously, I just know you guys are going to super-enchant everything you get your hands on. Don't even try to deny it. :P
But... but... :(
No buts. I don't want to have to deal with SUPER POWERFUL players likely early in the game.

However, to make magic-generated items more worthwhile, items generated magical have no charge for their magic enchantments. So that +5 Longsword of Awesomeness is as useful as it starts generated as for the entire game.
You should really include some method of making our own permanent items, even if it's far from the norm. Maybe have them require special reagents?
I am: You'll sometimes find scrolls that will add permanent enchantments. I'll make sure to have them be rare, though.

Also, I am now limiting enchantments to one per total-item. Meaning if you put together pieces of a sword which have an enchantment each, you will have to specify which one to keep. This is because not only would it have been annoying to keep track of individually enchanted pieces, but because it would've been too powerful.
Aw. Also, I still like the idea of being able to spend multiple turns to get a better effect, or at least the chance of a better effect, like encrusting items in DF and hoping the quality turns out right.
But think of it this way: How annoying would it be for me to have to track all the stuff on the blade? How overpowered would items be if you can just go from slicing with flame to freezing with ice in one turn? What would the penalty be for failing? I know I'm going back on my word, but I just don't feel like dealing with this stuff.

Of course, if you find something wrong with what I'm doing, you could always start your own RTD...

...which I'm still waiting on. :P

I will always, always try to break rules  :P
And I will always, always make sure you take the largest penalties possible for trying. :P

well, ok. just a note that my armor reflects the magic back (I agree that that is OP), perhaps they absorb part and reflect part of the damage? otherwise, that's fine.
 :D
They'll have a certain number of spells they can reflect. Like, say, your shield would have a max of 6 spells it can reflect before losing it's enchantment.

Anyway, turn's done, updating statuses.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2011, 02:13:50 am »

BUT.

Heheh.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 139