Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AMBUSH! need help  (Read 1014 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AMBUSH! need help
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:39:30 pm »

My milita commander got hit, and got a fractured leg. :( now he just lie there, blinking red and is thirsty. what now? xD He cant just stay there and die!

on the positive side, we drove off the ambush. :D

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: AMBUSH! need help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:28 pm »

Use 'i' to designate a zone with beds, tables, and containers (stone coffers, metal chests, bags...). Then make it a 'h'ospital.

Assign a chief medical dwarf if you don't have one already, then turn off all their labors except diagnosis.

Find another spare dwarf, and assign them all the other healthcare tasks.

Behold! Dwarven medicine!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »

My milita commander got hit, and got a fractured leg. :( now he just lie there, blinking red and is thirsty. what now? xD He cant just stay there and die!

on the positive side, we drove off the ambush. :D
Hospital zone (i to designate zone etc, then h to make it a hospital). Add some beds here, containers (can be just bags). This is just the very basics, see the wiki for more detail. This will be enough for your other dwarves to get the message a haul him to safety.

Ensure you have some buckets made or available while this is going on, so other dwarves can give him water.

EDIT : Also, in addition to what the prev poster has made clear, some soap, thread, cloth, plaster should be available to store in the hospital, and it helps to have a well here or close by.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:48:14 pm by Reelyanoob »

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

Have you got all of your civilians confined to a burrow because of the ambush? That might explain why no one is going to help your wounded Dwarf. I often forget to cancel my civilian alert after an ambush/siege.

If you have no idea what a burrow or civilian alert is, then disregard this.  But you might want to learn about them for future usage.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:47:01 pm »

Use 'i' to designate a zone with beds, tables, and containers (stone coffers, metal chests, bags...). Then make it a 'h'ospital.

Assign a chief medical dwarf if you don't have one already, then turn off all their labors except diagnosis.

Find another spare dwarf, and assign them all the other healthcare tasks.

Behold! Dwarven medicine!
"Amputate his leg, then punch him in the stomach in a hissy fit. We don't have any soap or sutures in the hospital, so both legs are going to get infected. Oh hey a party! C ya'll!"

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:02 pm »

alright. got a hospital running, lets hope our medical dwarf gets to work. oh! and the wounded hero is at the hospital now. :D yay.

seems to be sortet out. thanks to all of you. :D