Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I think I just accidentally robbed a caravan...  (Read 3528 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: I think I just accidentally robbed a caravan...
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:34:23 am »

I've noticed this as well, and have started waiting until the caravan shows up the first time to designate my hospital.
It can be downright irritating, however, when you're trying to get the hospital to stock non-cloth items in the designated quantities; I'm pretty sure the last version to have this bug also has the bug where if there aren't enough crutches or whatever, your dwarves will fill the extra space with thread and cloth. Especially if you wanted some of that silk for your booming wholesale clothing industry.

Yes indeed. My cavern-looms were BOOMING with silk thread and cloth. Then I set up the hospital, and the looms were absolutely bare. Hospital has all the cloth and thread, but no splints for the three dwarves with ten broken limbs between them.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: I think I just accidentally robbed a caravan...
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 08:34:41 am »

Deconstructing the containers once you've made the necessary splints/crutches etc is one possible workaround, though being forewarned about this bug I deliberately set the hospital to only accept as much equipment as I brought with me. Can medical staff use stuff straight from the stockpile if it's not in the hospital stores?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 [2]