Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Achron: Time Travel RTS - Demo out!  (Read 18094 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Achron: Time Travel RTS
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »

Wow, I boggled my mind when I read the first couple of pages.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »

Hmm, my first multiplayer match went a lot better then expected. Didn't get to do any chronoport trick, but I did manage to box him in early and overwhelm him with "flawless" assaults (well, I was bleeding for chronoenergy the whole time, so it wasn't *that* flawless...)

Edit: Yeah it's a bit confusing at first, because you expect that if you change something in the past, the whole timeline gets updated, but it doesn't work like that. So you sometimes wonder "Why are my units still dead" only to realize that reality hasn't caught up yet...
Also you gotta remember when to undo and not to undo all future actions because if you don't you could end up with a later order overriding the one you're currently giving, with predictably annoying effects.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:43:31 pm by Virex »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »

Yeah this game has a HUGE learning curve... playing against any experienced player is like losing before you even start.
I see what you did there.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2011, 05:47:24 pm »

Hell just wait till someone changes races on you. THEN you'll be confused...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »

Hell just wait till someone changes races on you. THEN you'll be confused...

Doable within the first 3 minutes of a game or so.  :P

Hmm, my first multiplayer match went a lot better then expected. Didn't get to do any chronoport trick, but I did manage to box him in early and overwhelm him with "flawless" assaults (well, I was bleeding for chronoenergy the whole time, so it wasn't *that* flawless...)

That's how you do it.  If you're not bleeding chronoenergy, then you're doing it wrong.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:17 pm »

Achron - because microing in one timeline was not enough.
Just got a game and at 2nd campaign mission im alredy at "wtf" moment. "Me like it".

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:57 pm »

I hope this gets a strong community, but it is too much money for my pockets.
Thank you based dwarf.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2011, 09:21:48 pm »

I seriously want to see an elite Starcraft player pick this game up and play it.  I want to see how they manage their troops across time.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2011, 09:30:46 pm »

I seriously want to see an elite Starcraft player pick this game up and play it.  I want to see how they manage their troops across time.
Yes. Just yes. Elite Starcraft player vs someone whose played since the beta would be quite the interesting matchup.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2011, 09:32:15 pm »

Yes. Just yes. Elite Starcraft player vs someone whose played since the beta would be quite the interesting matchup.

Nah, I want to see someone who's got that high click-per-minute thing going on play Achron the same way (i.e. be good at that micro high-click-speed).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »

That would work too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »

That would work too.

Simply because a high clicks-per-minute isn't necessarily a good thing in Achron.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2011, 11:32:56 pm »

Because you can go back in time and double your clicks within any given minute. And then triple.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:28 am »

Well, it's more that each click costs a very tangible resource when playing in the past.

Still, high APM lets you do more stuff BEFORE it slips into the past.  If you have a ton of stuff to do, and you pause to do it all, a weak player might be working at -0:30 by the time it's done while a strong player might be at -0:10.  Not only do the weak player's actions gradually cost more, but of course they are still occupied at that one point in time.  By the time they've finished, the high APM player has already done his work, then moved further back in time to take advantage.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

I wonder what the best future players are.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11