Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 75844 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 46% OTG: 74%.
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:52 pm »

Well that was mostly my fault for giving Jonathan guns and Johan's location.
Even so, this situation appears more volatile than the last. At least, in the immediate term.

If we try to differentiate ourselves to the characters, it will most likely confuse them. We need to work our communications as one... Unless we're specifically trying to confuse someone.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 46% OTG: 74%.
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2011, 02:36:14 pm »

We can just do that by speaking in Africkaans, as proven by demonic spoon.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 46% OTG: 76%.
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:06 pm »

/Help

>AddINV Jorg Vorpal_Blade

Current list of commands:
Look (<x>) Object <x> is described in more detail.
Help (<x>) Displays help for object <x>. <x> can be a command as well.
CheckATT (<x>) Lists the five highest tasks for object <x>.
CheckINV (<x>) Lists all the items in object <x>'s inventory.
AddATT (<x>.<y>.<n>) Adds task <y> to object <x>'s task list. Task <y> starts with <n> points.
RaiseATT (<x>.<y>.<n>) The task <y> is increased by <n> ATT points for object <x>.
LowerATT (<x>.<y>.<n>) The task <y> is decreased by <n> ATT points for object <x>.
AddINV (<x>.<y>) Adds item <y> into object <x>'s inventory.
Say (<string>) Say <string> out loud.
Whisper (<string>.<x>) Say <string> so that only object <x> may hear.
Veto (<command>) Veto a command. If more people veto a command than approve it, the command will not be used. You cannot veto Approve or Veto commands.
Approve (<command>) Approve a command. If more people approve a command than veto it, the command will be used. You cannot approve Veto or Approve commands.
Scatter (<x>) Moves object <x> in a random direction. Object <x> must weight less than 0.5Kg.
Seal (<x>) Prevents object <x> from being opened/moved.
Unseal (<x>) Allows object <x> to be opened/moved.
Lock (<command>) Prevents <command> from being deleted. <command> must have a permanent effect for it to be locked.
Unlock (<command>) Allows <command> to be deleted. You can only unlock commands that have been locked by proponents.
Delete (<command>) Deletes <command> and all its effects. <command> must have a permanent effect, and not be locked.
VoteMUTE (<x>) Creates a new vote to mute proponent <x>. If the vote passes, proponent <x> is banned from using the whisper or say commands for one IUD (In Universe Day.)
VoteYES (<x>) Vote yes to vote <x>.
VoteNO (<x>) Vote no to vote <x>.

More commands may be added as candidate testing progress advances.

Error: Not enough room in Jorg's inventory to add Vorpal Blade.

>say(put on the clothes we just gave you.  one of my colleauges will hopefully give you a sword for defensive purposes only.

Jorg: "What clothes?"

Whisper to Jorg (Alright, here is the short version of our story. We are highly advanced creatures from another dimension who want to help everyone in your world. But, to do this, we have to possess a certain type of person. You are that person. Anything we ask you to do will be for the greater good.)

Jorg stares opened mouthed for a second.

Jorg:
"So you're an angel?"

>Whsiper to Jorg (Actually, how could they be stolen if no one owned them in the first place?)

Jorg: "But if no one owned them in the first place, then why do I have them?"

CheckINV(Crate)
CheckINV(Rat)

The crates in this cargo hold are mostly empty, with a few packed with straw, mouldy rope, and tattered cloth. One crate holds a pile of gold, while another holds a duster coat, white shirt, jeans, and pair of boots. Another crate has a AKS-74u Silenced with 90 5.45 rounds in magazines.

The rat has nothing in its inventory.

Whisper(We have put things in the crates. Things specifically there for you. We can tell you what they are too, but, if you do rummage in any of the crates, be careful, the rat is hiding in one of them.Jorg)

Jorg: "Really?"

Jorg starts to rummage through the crates, pulling out the duster coat, white shirt, jeans, a pair of boots, and the AKS-74u Silenced with 90 5.45 rounds in magazines.

Jorg:
"What is this crap? Some angelic stuff?"

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »

Jorg: "So you're an angel?"

>Whisper to Jorg(Well, not exactly. It's complicated. Also, even though it may be hard for you to tell, there's more than one of us talking to you. but you may call me Mike. I'll try to make my speech sound different than the others.)

>Seal Trapdoor

((I can't believe no one thought of that.))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:52:25 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg  (What you got is a bunch of leftover clothes, and a silenced AKS-74u, which is a simple rifle, compacted and made more efficient. Oh and ammo for it.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:50:17 pm by Phantom »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 47% OTG: 79%.
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:47 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg(Well, not exactly. It's complicated. Also, even though it may be hard for you to tell, there's more than one of us talking to you. but you may call me Mike. I'll try to make my speech sound different than the others.)

>Seal Trapdoor

Jorg: "Really?" Then how come I can't tell you apart?"

Trapdoor sealed.

>Whisper to Jorg  (What you got is a bunch of leftover clothes, and a silenced AKS-74u, which is a simple rifle, compacted and made more efficient. Oh and ammo for it.)

Jorg: "Right. I think I'm just going to put that stuff over here."

Jorg pushes the clothes and the AKS-74u, plus the ammo, into a corner.

As Jorg returns from the corner, someone attempts to open the trap door. Frightened, Jorg jumps behind a crate.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »

Jorg: "Really?" Then how come I can't tell you apart?"

> Whisper to Jorg (Well, we're not quite sure yet, but we'll figure it out. does my voice sound different than the others? i want to make sure.)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg (Let's hope the others pull through and formulate a good plan.)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2011, 04:08:13 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg (Don't worry. Its locked, and they are not opening it soon. Try and find an another exit.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:29:51 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:24 pm »

>Whisper(Currently, one crate contains a full set of new clothes, and a rifle. Take these items, before the guards can find them, and use the tarpaulin to try and hide.Jorg)

Okay, now, I'm guessing our priority right now is getting the ship to have the all clear, so they can leave port. This means the lower deck will need to be searched. Again. The best way I think we can do this is by getting rid of the gold, and making it look like the ship is okay to leave.
So, here's how I'm proposing to do that.

>Delete
>AddINV (Crate.Pile of gold)
>AddINV(Rat.Miniature Top Hat)
>AddATT(Rat.Wear Miniature Top Hat.1,000,000)
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »

Has anyone noticed the numbers on the title? I wonder what they mean...
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »

I think it's CPU/RAM usage. Or progress. They're quite high, when it started out quite low.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »

Whisper to Jorg. (Yes, in your reality we are often called Angels. Now, wear those clothes we gave you.)

CheckATT Jorg.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:37:59 pm by Fniff »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 49% OTG: 87%.
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2011, 05:22:54 pm »

> Whisper to Jorg (Well, we're not quite sure yet, but we'll figure it out. does my voice sound different than the others? i want to make sure.)

Jorg: "Err, no, it doesn't."

>Whisper to Jorg (Let's hope the others pull through and formulate a good plan.)

Jorg nods in agreement.

>Whisper to Jorg (Don't worry. Its locked, and they are not opening it soon. Try and find an another exit.)

Jorg: "But there is no other exit. I assume that's why the sailors put me here. So I don't get surprised or something."

>Whisper(Currently, one crate contains a full set of new clothes, and a rifle. Take these items, before the guards can find them, and use the tarpaulin to try and hide.Jorg)

Jorg: "Yeah, but I have nothing to carry them in. Besides, the clothes are ugly. No one wears anything like them. They'll just make me stand out."

>Delete
>AddINV (Crate.Pile of gold)
>AddINV(Rat.Miniature Top Hat)
>AddATT(Rat.Wear Miniature Top Hat.1,000,000)

Pile of gold deleted.

Error: Not enough room in rat's inventory to add a miniature top hat.

Whisper to Jorg. (Yes, in your reality we are often called Angels. Now, wear those clothes we gave you.)

CheckATT Jorg.

40,000 Get out of this city.
35,000 Listen to the angel(s?).
35,000 Don't be found by the inspectors.
10,000 Rest.
4,000 Eat.

Jorg: "Didn't you listen to me? They'll make me stand out like a red horse. I'd rather keep wearing my rags than put those things on."

Jorg pauses for a moment.

Jorg:
"I never thought I would say that."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 49% OTG: 87%.
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg (What, do you want me to get you the clothing of the guards or something?)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89