Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 728540 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: I have also just come up with the most hilarious idea ever. Roll to Dodge a Song, but submitted songs don't generate your character, they generate the game and then switch every so often.

In other words, through some selection method somebody submits a song, and it reminds me of ponies, so the game is a malformed MLP RTD. Then at some interval or event somebody else gets to submit a song and it reminds me of horror, so the genre/world shifts while keeping everyone's characters more or less the same. It could even have Multiworld elements, with some players mastering the Power of Friendship in cuddlier worlds before being thrust into Axe Butcher lands.

Can I please play please come on.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I am seriously considering starting it right now. Screw planning!

I'm not sure if I should actually screw planning.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Do it! You know you want too.....
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

EDIT: I have also just come up with the most hilarious idea ever. Roll to Dodge a Song, but submitted songs don't generate your character, they generate the game and then switch every so often.

In other words, through some selection method somebody submits a song, and it reminds me of ponies, so the game is a malformed MLP RTD. Then at some interval or event somebody else gets to submit a song and it reminds me of horror, so the genre/world shifts while keeping everyone's characters more or less the same. It could even have Multiworld elements, with some players mastering the Power of Friendship in cuddlier worlds before being thrust into Axe Butcher lands.
With not being a GM at any point I probable shouldn't post here, but I want to say I also like the sound of this a lot.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

It's FEF, not FEOF

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'd play it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I think I might too.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm writing it up now. No turning back.

However, there is one snag. Would it be better if the characters shifted with the worlds or remained essentially the same but within the world's physics?

In other words, back to that pony/horror example, would the characters all appear as ponies in a normally human-filled horror adventure, or would they morph into horror-appropriate humans?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Personally I'd prefer shifting to fit the world's form. But that's just me. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I'd say horror appropriate humans.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Base it on chance for each individual every shift.

Pre in because my computer got its motherboard fried and this one is SHITTY.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going with Serious on this one.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Pre in as well, just hope that I can come up with some catchy tunes.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I'm probably gonna choose a Miracle of Sound song. But the question is, Which one do I choose?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I'll pre-in too, if that's ok
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 661