Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727035 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3630 on: March 14, 2012, 01:44:14 pm »

Oh god monk12 run it NOW. I am IN.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 14, 2012, 01:46:16 pm »

An army can even lose the war if they win enough Phyrrian victories. The succes of the individual battle might be great, but depending on the resources you had availble what looked like an amazing victory might be a great loss for the campaign.
I think you meant Pyrrhic, right?
Yeah.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 14, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ARCANUM!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 14, 2012, 02:20:15 pm »

ARCANUM!
That link has two HTTPs in it, thus it is a broken link.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 14, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »

Roll to alter someones life has been rebooted!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 14, 2012, 02:23:40 pm »

And I signed up before you had the chance to post that!

Damn I'm good.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »

ARCANUM!

And then you deleted a few letters and/or clicked the link that your browser was surely suggesting you redirect to.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 14, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »

ARCANUM!

And then you deleted a few letters and/or clicked the link that your browser was surely suggesting you redirect to.
Hey, I'm just saying, you may want to fix a broken link. No need to get defensive about it.

Oh, and my browser did not suggest a different link. And my browser is Firefox. Quite a lot of people use Firefox.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 14, 2012, 03:36:31 pm »

ARCANUM!

Well, thanks for introducing me to that. Good thing it seesm to be only $6 on GoG, because now I'll probably have to get it. XD I'm really damned surprised I hadn't heard of it earlier though...

Well, everyone that has responded seems to think it'd be a fun idea, time to decide what the players would be doing. Regular Adventuring is always a good possibility, but do you guys have any other ideas? (Or questions regarding the setting.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3639 on: March 14, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »

PS: If you're reading this in a mad voice, you fail. I am not mad.
I read everything you say in an angry voice, Tirrun. Even when you're not angry.

The players would be like hero caddies, carrying around the heroes' equipment and doing all the grunt work.

British Announcer: And here we are joining our heroes at the lair of Oddok Rapepillage the Carnal Flame the dragon, a most dangerous foe indeed, with seven thousand kills to his name.
Hero: Alright, caddie, what do you think? The pike this time?
Caddie: Nay, milord, for you would not be able to use a shield to block the fire- I suggest the longsword.
Hero: Sword and board, eh? Alright, how are you reading the break on that cave entrance? Looks pretty left to right to me.
Caddie: Indeed, milord, with perhaps a bit of a gully towards the aft end. The wind is blowing from the east, so take care your scent is not carried to the fell beast.
Hero: Naturally, caddie! Tally ho, what!
British Announcer: The hero is approaching the cave, a nice aggressive stance, and here he goes.... ooh, he's a bit high and to the right, yes, it looks as though he fell in the water hazard. That'll cost him a few sword-strokes.
Dragon: Rawr!
Caddie: Oh bother, I knew I should have signed with Tigerman Woods.
Yeah, kind of like that. :P

Mostly, I just like the concept of a heroic fantasy from a less glamorous perspective. And the idea of a boss fight being something like a cat wandering into camp, and the attempts to catch it lighting the whole place on fire somehow, appeals to me. But maybe I'm alone in my love for potential medieval slapstick shenanigans. Would anybody like to join a RtD like that?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »

Mostly, I just like the concept of a heroic fantasy from a less glamorous perspective. And the idea of a boss fight being something like a cat wandering into camp, and the attempts to catch it lighting the whole place on fire somehow, appeals to me. But maybe I'm alone in my love for potential medieval slapstick shenanigans. Would anybody like to join a RtD like that?

I would join it in a flash, and I'm trying to have a joining-rtd diet right now. You are not alone.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 14, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

I'd join anything you make.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 14, 2012, 04:36:25 pm »

I would join it too. I haven't been in an explicitly comedic RTD yet (other than la's Work at GenCorp, which didn't get too overt until I'd dropped out ^^^; ) and I think a change of pace from my usual preference would do me some good. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 14, 2012, 04:36:49 pm »

PS: If you're reading this in a mad voice, you fail. I am not mad.
I read everything you say in an angry voice, Tirrun. Even when you're not angry.
What, is it the avatar? The lack of smiles? My name? My volcanoes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3644 on: March 14, 2012, 05:37:29 pm »

What, is it the avatar? The lack of smiles? My name? My volcanoes?

^^^ That does seem angry. ...Is it?

What about... (drum roll...) an rtd based on... the ILLIAD!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 661