Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729100 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

Thanks, but TBH I only halfway like it. ^^; It can be a pain to keep up with and sometimes I feel like it isn't quite fair; for example poor Ahra STILL hasn't gotten a 'two 8s in a row' skill yet. On the other hand it's certainly interesting, and since skills can come at any time it's possible for a player to pick one relevant at just the right moment if they get lucky with a roll. That and I'm going to start expanding them from simple +1/+2 to other effects like Darvi's +10% critical damage. I really should run the turn, I believe everyone's posted, but it's still raining at the moment and I don't wanna lose any writing. -____________-;

EDIT: You ninjas... But yeah, Daggerfall had way more skills than Oblivion. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

Write it out on notepad or pen and paper then.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2011, 06:28:38 pm »

And then I have to type it all back in. ::) Plus my handwriting sucks so much I can barely read it. Nah, no reason to do that. Storm'll probably clear up in an hour or two, it's better to just wait.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 17, 2011, 06:41:51 pm »

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
What do you think do I need to balance any of the races a bit more, or are they good as is?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 17, 2011, 07:54:42 pm »

Well I have almost finished the Oblivon RTD rules it will be about another 30 minutes then it wil be complete. Does anyone want to run it, or would you prefer if I do?

EDIT: Well here is everything I got it is partially incomplete, but if anyone wants to run it they can just add in the little bit that is missing, and if tehy need to know anything that I wrote just PM me.

Oblivion RTD -

Backstory -
This country is in ruins as a civil war rips it apart slowly, but surely killing many people for a struggle over power that shouldn't have happened. This war was caused by the fall of the Imperial City, and the Imperials themselves for a band of Orcs thought it time to destroy them little did they know the chaos that they would cause themselves, and every race that calls this place home. They call themselves the Orcs of the Isles, and they have returned fifty years after destroying the Imperial City, adn all people within to take back the city they believe to rightfully be theirs. They have declared another war on the residents of the Imperial City, a faction known as 'The Shield of the People', they have come to take the city by force from this group, and that is where you six come in. You six are the Shield's latest recruits, and now as this story begins your city has come under siege by the Orcs of the Isles, adn their allies. Will you succeed in protecting the Imperial City, or will the Orcs come through victorious, adn throw the world in to a state of Chaos not seen since the gates of Oblivion were opened?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birthsigns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starting Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light of the Nine (click to show/hide)

Now off to  finish my Gears of War RTD set.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:09:01 pm by adwarf »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12:03 pm »

Very nice if I do say so myself.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13:38 pm »

Very nice if I do say so myself.
I am suprised myself since I have only been working on it since yesterday.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 17, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »

Mage sign is borked balance wise.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 17, 2011, 08:33:38 pm »

True; I believe it was +50 in the game with no downside? Personally I would keep it +200 but put a major downside like a -50 on Fatigue or a major reduction to weapon skills. :-\

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

+100 for mage, +200 for Apprentice.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »

Well it did seem that the Mage was a little under powered compared to all the others to me so I boosted it a bit, but whoever runs it cna fix any problems they see because I don't plan on running it until both of my currently running RTDs die (Bastion had a downfall in its sytem where all the players died on the first battle turn, and it needs a huge refinement. )

EDIT: SO if anyone wants to run it PM me, adn I will send type up how combat works for you if you need me to.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:53:48 pm by adwarf »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 17, 2011, 09:27:46 pm »

Just curious, Adwarf, could I get a spot reserved for the Oblivion RTD? It's one of my favourite games, and I feel that I must be in atleast 6-7 RTDs along with running my current 3. I'm insane, in a different way than most...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 17, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »

Just curious, Adwarf, could I get a spot reserved for the Oblivion RTD? It's one of my favourite games, and I feel that I must be in atleast 6-7 RTDs along with running my current 3. I'm insane, in a different way than most...
Sure if I get enough intrest then I will run it (I am thinking eight players for the oblivion RTD maybe ten)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 17, 2011, 09:35:14 pm »

Sure if I get enough intrest then I will run it (I am thinking eight players for the oblivion RTD maybe ten)
Eight is alot of people for an RTD, and ten is an insane amount. Unless you want to have to keep track of ten people's stats every turn, you probally want to stick with six players. Besides, no offence but you don't exactely stick with your RTD's and Forum Games for long.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 17, 2011, 09:36:42 pm »

Eight is alot of people for an RTD, and ten is an insane amount. Unless you want to have to keep track of ten people's stats every turn, you probally want to stick with six players. Besides, no offence but you don't exactely stick with your RTD's and Forum Games for long.
I know that that's why I asked if anyone else wanted to run it since I am sticking to the two I currently I am currently running (I have a large amount of story for both of them worked out)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 661