Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727296 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2011, 11:32:35 am »

Hmm..."originality" is a tough one...I can think of a few base ideas to start. If anything twangs your antenna SeriousConcentrate, do tell! I can probably help whip up a story.

1. Voyager/Transcendance

2. Defeat the Empire/Big Bad

3. Find the Cure/Key/Source

4. Defend your home

5. Survive/Get Rich

6. Freeform? lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

Well, to clarify, not necessarily original as in 'no one's ever done this before!' but more like 'OK, yeah it's a knockoff of/just like (Mega Man / Firefly / Xanth / etc.), but I'm doing something different with it' kind of original. ^^ Anyway, I'm leaning towards #2, 4, & 5, probably five in particular. Forming a squad of mercenaries is always a good start to something, in my opinion. Also, thanks. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »

Quasi-Firefly heroic criminal RTD? Make sure to reserve me a spot!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »

That'll be you and Taric calling in advance, then. I'm thinking maybe... five players, possibly six... Mmm, this is what I've got. I'm not certain about it, but what do you think? Sort of a mash-up of a couple of different ideas I've had kicking around.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 18, 2011, 02:24:35 pm »

Sounds good so far.

Random Brainstorm ideas off the top of my head.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2011, 02:27:53 pm »

Thanks for completely pwning me. :P Seriously though, that looks good, and I think I can start with it, though I'll probably have technology be a slight bit more advanced... maybe circa 1890, so we can have trains and such. I'll organize it, and hopefully in a few hours or so I'll have sign-ups open. ^^

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2011, 11:59:12 am »

So, since my headache has worn off mostly, I got around to start developing the Sburb RTD.

First, we'll need an amount of players. At least 4 of course, I guess 6 is a nice number. In fact, it's a perfect number. After they confirmed their in-ness, they'll PM me the details of their characters (which I'll mention later). The reason for this is that it should be a surprise for others too, and stuff. Like in Homestuck, where the only thing we knew of the characters in the first page was how John looked like, and nothing else.

Commands will be given in bold, as usual, but with a >in front. E.g. >SC:Ascend.
Everybody should also use a specific color and typing quirk for talking to/pestering others. For instance, I type in black and try to keep capitalization and punctuation coherent, but i kinda screw up when i tzpe verz quicklz or get exited Dx

Alchemizing gets done by simply entering >Combine object x && object y ll object z or similarly. If you also specify what kind of object you want to get as a result, the likelyhood you'll get that item increases, but it'll also cost more grist in return. Grist will be obtained, of course, by killing enemies.

The actual gameplay depends on the dice, of course. non-combat actions use the standard RTD rules, while combat will be an offense vs. defense thing. You'll get modifiers depending on the circumstances, like if you're higher level or if you're outnumbered. Captchaloguing will also invoke dice rolls, so fun can be expected to be had.

The following would be in the PM's:
  • Name (Duh)
  • Chumroll (incl. 2  letter acronym)
  • Sylladex mode (wouldn't be Sburb without an incredibly complex inventory system, right? Any way to sort or retrieve your items from inventory depends on this)
  • Strife Specibi (Any family of object would suffice. For instance, Stickkind or Backpackkind. If it's a very strange one, like Videogamekind, also include how it's supposed to damage stuff)
  • Guardian (Whoever is your character's caretaker)
  • Hobbies (Duh)
  • Associated Material (Ya know, amber, uranium, etc.)
  • Mythological role (We'll also need heroes of space and time, but I'll choose those randomly. So send in a different role, and your preference for those two [e.g. Wizard of Mind, time preferred, space indifferent]. I won't tell you which role you get until I have to though, for the suspense)
  • Optional Stuff (Like your ultimate weapon, your denizen, or the name of your planet. I won't guarantee that I'll take those suggestions, but it can't hurt)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »

Reserve until I PM you that in about fifteen minutes. :3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

I was thinking if I should make the characters older than 13. Maybe... 21? :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »

Up to you, but then we wouldn't need a guardian. ^^; Anyway, about to PM now.

Ah, didn't realize it was your 21st birthday. (saw it when I clicked your name.) Happy birthday. ^^

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »

Definitely reserving a spot.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2011, 12:41:30 pm »

I'll take a spot in that.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2011, 12:52:52 pm »

Aaaand the character has been sent. Possibly twice.  ::)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2011, 12:54:05 pm »

You beat my time by two minutes. :o OK, I'm giving you a damn. ^^

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2011, 12:58:41 pm »

And I did it while making and eating lunch. Half of that time was spent... Well, it was microwaving some fish sticks. So about 30 seconds of work. But still. Also, I think we should post our Pesterchum names. Mine is LoneWookie  :P
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 661