Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What scenario do you want to play?

Must protect dwellers from raiders without them knowing.
- 9 (64.3%)
Dwellers all have hacking experience, they will try to destroy you and you only have access to military tech.
- 1 (7.1%)
Everyone hates eachother, must make them kill eachother. No access to robots or drugs.
- 4 (28.6%)
Other (State in comments.)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Fallout Shelter Expirement: Under New Management!  (Read 8612 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Shelter Expirement: Under New Management!
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »

The radiation control is overloaded in the raider controlled areas of the vault. All raiders are dying from a slow, painful death of radiation. The blast went haywire though and the radiation is starting to leak into other areas of the vault.

Attempting radiation seal-off....
Attempting....
Attempting....
Attempting....
Attempting....
Action Failed!
Please contact vault administrator for assistance.

Oh the irony! The problem you claimed to have in the first place is now actually happening in the vault!

Vault Dwellers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:45 pm »

Dump iodine in the sprinkler system and activate it in every room the radiation is in.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »

Dump fuel in the sprinkler system and set it aflame, burning everyone except for the vault dwellers whom are in a room where it won't go off.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

All the raiders are dead, I just want to get the radiation to go away.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

Use radaway and iodine.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

Searching logs for rad-away....
searching....
Not found!
Looking for related entries....
Rad-away is a medical item used in a primitive game for the 21st century, it is in no way associated with this event.

((Well the original OP didn't state if this was FO or not so im going with that it isn't.))

Attempting to stop radiation with chemicals....
Failed!
In the state of a radiation lock-down all doors will be sealed and protective systems are turned off until further notice.

Beth during the movie suddenly drops dead, every starts to panic in the room trying to get out. "Im terribly sorry but the door is locked until further notice! Have a good day!".

Character Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

Get Hannah's droid to bring her a hazardous materials (hazmat) suit along with multiple strong vitamin supplements. Turn up the lights in every area humans aren't in to ludicrous levels. Dispense iodine pills along with uncontaminated water to the people in the movie room.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 10:57:36 pm »

Get Hannah's droid to bring her a hazardous materials (hazmat) suit along with multiple strong vitamin supplements. Turn up the lights in every area humans aren't in to ludicrous levels. Dispense iodine pills along with uncontaminated water to the people in the movie room.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »

Don't mean to interrupt, as I've been happily reading this thread (and its predecessor) and its goings on, but iodine doesn't actually help against radiation, it just helps if there's likely to be radioactive iodine in the environment (a huge intake of safe iodine keeping (or flushing) the unsafe iodine out of the thyroid gland, etc).  Not too sure if vitamins are going to help in the short term, either.  I'm betting that the radioactive stuff dumped is very much the longer half-life stuff, and sheer radiation, rather than any significant amount of '8 day' iodine. 

But don't mind me.  Carry on.

(Personally, I think that if Hannah is safely locked away (she/her droid locked the door?, and I've got all sorts of ideas about what the Best Buddy droid is doing that don't bear repeating), she might also be safe.  Or dead already.  But that's who I'd put my best bet on trying to keep alive, by not disturbing her.  It's proven that the movie theatre has been irradiated/contaminated, so whoever hasn't died is highly likely to be dying.  As well as more suspicious.)

((Also, if the subjects are immune to all diseases, I wouldn't put it past there being some incidental radiation-tolerance from the cellular DNA being repaired very quickly by enzymes dealing with single-strand breaks, or double-strand breaks in which their  diploid copies are sufficient help (causing problems for the men's XY, another reason I'm not holding out hope for Nick or Bob) but of course that doesn't help if they're glowing up to the eyeballs and getting all kinds of nasty radiation damage up to and including double-strand breaks across a large amount of strands and repair-enzyme damaging on top of that... Unless their proof against it all includes having triploid/tetraploid DNA, or having triple/more-stranded DNA, and a more robust than normal repair chemistry.  Anyway, feel free to ignore me, please.  This is a parallel universe, but not necessarily the parallel universe I'm imagining. :) ))

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 11:10:52 pm »

BEST LURKER EVER! Thanks for the scientific info.

We should probably just focus on helping Hannah. All the others are probably dying. Give her cysteine hydrochloride, along with some zeolites.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2011, 11:18:21 pm »

Build drill droids and have them makean escape route for her. Emplant councissnes in Buddy the droid and escape with her.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 10:53:23 am »

Bump.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:57:25 am by Angel Of Death »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:45 am »

It hasn't even been a day. And that whole bump thing....

Bump if its been 2 days or more, no less.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

Nick and Bob are banging on the door screaming for help. Bob and Nick both take a step back, breathing heavily. They look at their arms, seeing that the skin is peeling off. They both look at eachother and fall over.

Hannah has been stuck in that room for a long time, she knew that everyone else was dead, including her brother. She was in a state of grief, but atleast she had her new Drone with her. In her room was a standard issue Vault Hazmat suit, she managed to get that on when she heard the explosion. A loud crackling could be heard as the computer tried to access to intercom. "Congradulations Subject "A56232"! You have survived the Shepardnet vault experiement test! Feel lucky to know that you can leave this vault with pride and joy knowing you helped your country!

She left later on, with the radiation mysteriously gone from the vault. Her and her drone were never seen again.

Afterall, the compter wasn't programmed to protect all of the dwellers...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok folks new round coming up, send me some more suggestions!
Welcome to Reality.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 05:09:43 pm »

The one I suggested in Fniff's game of this.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8