- 5 (20%)
Tokugawa
- 4 (16%)
Uesugi
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: March 24, 2011, 06:01:44 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Total War: Shogun 2 LP (starts on page 3)  (Read 7801 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Shogun 2 LP (starts on page 3)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 09:27:54 am »

Nice.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:09:35 am »

I will be whatever you have left, or a small army of archers, and samurai.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:22 am »

hey man hes been training to be a general for 15 years, since his father spoke to him while inside his own mother. Telling him the ancient sun tzu tactics of combat.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 03:15:37 am »

Autumn, 1548.

The strength of our clan has been proven true over these last few years.  The Ito, those who once considered themselves our betters, are now naught but food for the Carrion Crows.  I shall continue recording our expansion with great interest.

Tanegashima Tomokata's scouts had reported that Ito troops were heading for Osumi, determined to reclaim the castle.  After receiving reinforcements from Satsuma, he rode forth to cut them off.  The cowards fled at the sight of his army, so he proceeded to the very gates of Hyuga.

The cowards fled at the sight of his army, so he proceeded to the very gates of Hyuga.

Spoiler: The speech (click to show/hide)

Eager to join the fray, the archers let off a single volley of arrows, only to be sternly reprimanded by Tomokata.  The castle was barely defended whatsoever, he would handle this himself.

Taking only a small band of his most loyal retainers, Tomokata dismounted and marched to the gate.

Mere minutes later, it lay in smoldering ruins.

Letting out a fierce battlecry, he charged the few samurai who lay in wait.

Needless to say, they did not last long.

Hyuga now successfully under our control, the remainder of the Ito clan made a valiant last attempt to reclaim their land.

They failed.

Back in Satsuma, the Daimyo had sent a messenger to our weaker neighbours to the North.  They refused to pay us tribute, and so the Sagara signed their own death warrant.

Word reached us that the Ouchi had converted to Christianity.  Not willing to risk war on an extra front, our Daimyo proposed a trade agreement.

Soon afterwards, they showed their ineptitude by losing province to rebellion

Obviously, we began trading with this newly formed clan in their place.

Shimazu Yoshihisa grew impatient with his training, claiming he was more than ready to lead our armies to war.

I fear that he is too young to have reached his full potential yet, although the Daimyo seems more than content to allow him the opportunity to prove his worth.

Code: [Select]
Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot here  :(
Meanwhile, Tomokata encountered what seemed to be the majority of the Sagara's army while en route to their castle.  Glad to have the opportunity to meet them in honorable battle, he took up his position on the field.

Spoiler: The speech (click to show/hide)

Almost immediately, he sensed something was amiss.  As the enemy drew near, he became aware of the sheer amount of archers present on his enemy's side.

Lacking the cavalry required to deal with this situation, we exchanged several volleys before deciding on a drastic course of action.  Our Yari Ashigaru were ordered to charge the enemy in a full frontal assault, closely followed by our Samurai.

The enemy archers soon fled like the cowards they had already shown themselves to be.  Enraged by their lack of honor, Tomokata urged his troops ever onwards, slaying as many of the retreating foe as possible.

The battle was won, but at a high cost to our numbers.

Code: [Select]
F12 Damn it!
And with that the race to Higo was on.  Our armies arrived there just moments before the remainder of the Sagara forces.

Spoiler:  The speech (click to show/hide)

Our troops approached the castle from two sides, the Ashigaru (under the supervision of the general) from one, and the Samurai (with one unit of Ashigaru) from the other.

As intended, the Ashigaru took the brunt of the attack from the enemy archers.

We arrived on the island just as the enemy reinforcement began to wade across the moat.

Our Ashigaru made a direct line for the reinforcements, while our Samurai began to scale the walls.

Within the castle grounds, our samurai entered close combat with the enemy, quickly slaying their Daimyo.

Meanwhile, our archers exchanged shots with those atop the castle walls.

On the ground, the Ashigaru turned to face the next wave of reinforcements, peppering them with arrows.

The majority of our Samurai engaged the remaining archers while one unit went to capture the keep.

The keep fell quickly, and the few enemies left alive fled for safety.

Our borders reattached, we resumed trade with the Ouchi

We have also begun trading with the Annamese.  Their incense should hopefully provide a massive boost to our economy.

The surviving Sagara troops now camp to the south of Higo, while a large force of their allies (the Shoni) approach from the North.

---

warhammer651: How do you react?
KaguroDraven: Yoshihisa is currently in Satsuma and has only one unit of Yari Ashigaru at present.  The Daimyo seems unsure of whether to risk his son with so few troops to commit and leaves the decision to you.
adwarf: All the sons have been claimed now, but you can have the next general if you like?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 03:25:08 am »

I will wait until my honorable father can spare more soldiers for my command before I attempt anything rash.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 05:54:13 am »

I'll take the next available general, if possible.

He's a fanatical believer in the superiority of cavalry and mounted troops in general. He views infantry as good only for holding enemy troops in place so his horsemen can execute fast strikes into their rear. In general, he is over-cautious, and prefers fighting with superior forces. When assisting allies, he tries to keep his own forces (especially his mounted troops) safe on the sidelines and lets the ally take the brunt of the enemy attack, only using them when the enemy is vulnerable.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:24 am »

the Shoni's force is not so large as to be unbeatable. I shall take everything north and slay the bastards before heading south to mop-up the rest
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 10:37:41 am »

How do you manage to get past the fact that all the turn times are unbearably long?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 10:48:42 am »

How do you manage to get past the fact that all the turn times are unbearably long?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.  Care to elaborate?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:01 am »

The turn times-When I play it's usually 30 seconds bare minimum for the AI to take it's turns?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 11:41:20 am »

The turn times-When I play it's usually 30 seconds bare minimum for the AI to take it's turns?

Umm, that's not too bad?

Medieval 2 seemed to take way longer than Shogun for me.  Just grab yourself a drink or make a roll up or something.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 08:34:00 pm »

What a strange world we live in where 30 seconds is an unbearable amount of time. It takes me 30 seconds to scroll down this thread.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

What a strange world we live in where 30 seconds is an unbearable amount of time. It takes me 30 seconds to scroll down this thread.
Well, usually I play very fast-paced, I guess that's the problem. After playing for a bit, the turn times stop taking so long, and I managed to alleviate the longness by reading whilst turns are taking place.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

Thats fine with me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]