Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348341 times)

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #765 on: October 29, 2011, 03:01:42 am »

This is the most quiet I have ever seen this thread  :o
I guess everyone is holding out for the update.
The mod is absolutely crushing the opposition in Ult1mara's thread which is awesome.

So far I've only tried the normal ponies before but I've been tempted to try out one of the other ones, so should I try out Cave or Diomedian first? I don't want to play the giant combo-platter civ until I've got a feel for all its components by itself (and thus I get a feel for each caste).

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 29, 2011, 03:51:41 am »

This is the most quiet I have ever seen this thread  :o
I guess everyone is holding out for the update.
The mod is absolutely crushing the opposition in Ult1mara's thread which is awesome.

So far I've only tried the normal ponies before but I've been tempted to try out one of the other ones, so should I try out Cave or Diomedian first? I don't want to play the giant combo-platter civ until I've got a feel for all its components by itself (and thus I get a feel for each caste).
I suggest Cave ponies. The diomedians are always in total war, so prepare for utter rape first year if you pick them.

I suggest the less Fun cave ponies because it'll help you get used to it before you HAVE NO FACE

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 29, 2011, 04:15:43 am »

I suggest Cave ponies. The diomedians are always in total war, so prepare for utter rape first year if you pick them.

I suggest the less Fun cave ponies because it'll help you get used to it before you HAVE NO FACE

Oh snap! If I had known the diomedians were always in total war that would have made my decision a lot easier. Thanks for pointing out the obvious and saving me lots of dead ponies. Out of curiosity how is the rainbow ponies relations with the world? Are they also in total war since they have diomedians in them or does their unified group save them from active genocide?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 29, 2011, 05:38:20 am »

Rainbows are safe.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 29, 2011, 09:14:59 am »

[incoherent rambling]
Since I can't start a new fort now because the new update is close, I was intending to pass the time with Sword of the Stars II.
And there goes this plan.

Haven't seen a game release this screwed up since... ehm... I don't think I ever saw one like this.

I mean, first there's sort of a "mishap" with Steam and it has an unfinished beta version of the game that's unplayable. They promise to fix it, and they do in about 12 hours. And it's the same unfinished version, only with working DLC.
They state that it IS the release version. What.

That said, I'd still encourage people to buy this game, though. Kerberos is really working on finishing the game, and there's not nearly enough 4X strategies on the market today to be picky. I'll just think of what I gave for the game as a long term investment. And SoTS1 was really really good.

The day isn't a total loss, though. I mean, Amanda Tapping did just now kiss a girl onscreen.
[/incoherent rambling]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:50:51 am by Valikdu »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:10 am »

Things are shaping up well. The animal pony size thing isn't working, though. Elephant ponies are the right size, but everything else is still dog sized, and there's no visible reason for that to be so. I'll just have to release it as is and work out how to fix that later. Griffons, diamond dogs and the randomised animal thief and snatcher civs are working (as well as can be expected for the animal civs), though for some reason fire pony and blizzard pony civs are appearing randomly.
 I'll put in descriptions for the griffons and then get on with getting the readmes in order and actually running a fort long enough to test the new doughs, baked good and figurine/statue making properly. Not much in the way of megabeasts and the like, I'll work on them as additional modules later rather than push this version back, as well as finally making the reference graphs I've been promising and the simplified wood painting people have asked for.

I mean, Amanda Tapping did just now kiss a girl onscreen.

That's the most interesting sentence I've encountered since this.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 30, 2011, 03:31:56 am »

Things are shaping up well. The animal pony size thing isn't working, though. Elephant ponies are the right size, but everything else is still dog sized, and there's no visible reason for that to be so. I'll just have to release it as is and work out how to fix that later. Griffons, diamond dogs and the randomised animal thief and snatcher civs are working (as well as can be expected for the animal civs), though for some reason fire pony and blizzard pony civs are appearing randomly.
 I'll put in descriptions for the griffons and then get on with getting the readmes in order and actually running a fort long enough to test the new doughs, baked good and figurine/statue making properly. Not much in the way of megabeasts and the like, I'll work on them as additional modules later rather than push this version back, as well as finally making the reference graphs I've been promising and the simplified wood painting people have asked for.

Sounds epic, very well done Nidokoenig, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I mean, Amanda Tapping did just now kiss a girl onscreen.

I'd personally prefer if Twilight said that to Luna or Trixie and then that was taken out of context . Then again I'm one of the few people who just can't stand rainbow dash, definitely my least favorite of the mane 6.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 30, 2011, 04:22:45 am »

Rainbows are safe.

Not if Necro is involved.  Not to mention their tendency for "depraved" art.  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:26:32 am by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 30, 2011, 04:43:17 am »

Rainbows are safe.

Not if Necro is involved.  Not to mention their tendency for "depraved" art.  :P

I'm referring to their not-automatically-being-at-war-with-everyone.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 30, 2011, 04:53:37 am »

Well, it did actually happen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:55 am »

Oh, one thing I should probably mention in case somepony knows how to get it to work: I tried to combine honey badger ponies, honey badger pegasi and the new hotness together as one creature, but I couldn't get it to work at all, so they're all separate. So if anypony knows how to stack up creature variations like that without crashing the game, do share. I don't know what feels weirder, adding somepony and anypony to my spellchecker, or that it's taken me this long to get round to it.

Edit: Just had a breakthrough on sizes, manage to get it working on honey badger ponies et al by using the percentage change rather than defining new sizes. Only problem was that I miscalculated and made them ten times larger than they should be.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:03:50 am by Nidokoenig »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:38 am »

I'll try checking. Where can I find the raws for those?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:46 am »

creature_pony_animal.txt for the regular ponies and pegasi, c_variation_pony.txt for the variation templates, and honey badgers are at the bottom of creature_large_tropical.txt. The new hotness is in the update, and I want to keep it an unpleasant surprise, but I can adapt what you find if you can get it to work.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 30, 2011, 07:10:12 am »

Okay, still checking stuff. I'll edit this post if I need the hotness creature.

EDIT the third: Slightly off topic, but I'm looking for the amethyst pony. Where can I find it? (errorlog was spamming.) Scratch that, but in the arena, there are 2 nothings, one above the aforementioned amethyst pony and some in the ents.

I can't believe this. I might have botched the installation, since my errorlog is spamming me with stuff, and spawning certain creatures crash the game. How do you properly install this?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:50:24 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 30, 2011, 08:00:35 am »

Just put the raws in the raw folder, that's what I always do. Amethyst ponies should be in creature_zzz_pony_animal_vanilla.txt. Which ponies are crashing the game, maybe there's a pattern?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 140