Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348548 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #495 on: September 28, 2011, 04:39:27 am »

Good to hear.

Do you have any current plans for the interaction and curse system yet?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 28, 2011, 07:28:20 pm »

Yeah, I plan to have a good look at it once it appears. Besides obvious things like adding cockatrices if they aren't in by default and making any humanoid transformations into equinoid transformations, I'm more inclined to wait and see what the system makes available than make plans and work out how to shoehorn them in, though adding buffs or syndromes to specific cocktails might be an idea, like a cocktail flavoured with death thistle would be insanely valuable to make any pony who drinks it ecstatic, but has a 1% chance of putting them through utter agony for a week or two, something like that.
 In any case, the first update after the new version will be converting all the new animal men into animal ponies, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 28, 2011, 09:01:27 pm »

I really love your mod. Not only is it totally ponies, but you obviously know what the hay you're doing. By examining your mod, I figured out how to make castes and descriptions work, both of which have eluded me for a long time now. The many references to mythology certainly don't hurt, as well :p I love how the armor is all real-life barding.

So, I salute you, Nidokoenig. Thank you, you're awesome.

As an aside, have you thought about a griffin entity yet? I have always liked griffins, and I had an idea or two about how they would work in your mod. Just curious :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:45 pm »

Lulzy. He said he was going to add them in next update :P

I do like the norse reference, what with the Slippy ponies.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 28, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »

Ah. I saw he was talking about Buffalo the past couple pages and didn't see anything on the front page, but whatever :p
Glad to know they'll be in.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:35 am »

Always great to hear feedback. It not so much that I know what I'm doing, more that I read the wiki and spend however long it takes banging my head against problems to get them to crumble into a solution-shaped pile of dust.

The griffon entity is planned, yes. I'm planning on making them twice the size of ponies, giving them basic smelting tech and buffalo-like ethics to make wars likely but not constant. Maybe I'll make the tails prehensile, too. Beyond that, any ideas are appreciated, especially for separate castes.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:53 am »

I was thinking about making it a "Lion" creature, with griffins as one of the castes. You've taken plenty of artistic liberties already, why not more? :p
The lion would be the equivalent of the earth pony, with griffin taking the place of the pegasi and the sphinx (complete with telekinetic powers; toss grasp on the brain and call it a day) taking the place of unicorns. This is assuming you still want to stay true to the three caste system you have going already; I imagine it might get boring eventually :p

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2011, 11:12:12 am »

I was thinking about making it a "Lion" creature, with griffins as one of the castes. You've taken plenty of artistic liberties already, why not more? :p
The lion would be the equivalent of the earth pony, with griffin taking the place of the pegasi and the sphinx (complete with telekinetic powers; toss grasp on the brain and call it a day) taking the place of unicorns. This is assuming you still want to stay true to the three caste system you have going already; I imagine it might get boring eventually :p

I personally think that is an awesome idea. It makes a decent amount of sense, considering what Griffins are.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:14 pm »

So, whenever I'm bored I mod. I tossed together a proof of concept for the lions, if you're interested.
They're still really rough; they have the same size as vanilla lions (200kg) and have no caste-specific skills, lack an entity file, and other stuff. Before I start tidying this up, though, just wanted to know what you think of the whole thing.

Spoiler: creature_lion_mlpmod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: body_lion_mlpmod (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
You pick up the lion blood with your brain.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:35 pm »

So, whenever I'm bored I mod. I tossed together a proof of concept for the lions, if you're interested.
They're still really rough; they have the same size as vanilla lions (200kg) and have no caste-specific skills, lack an entity file, and other stuff. Before I start tidying this up, though, just wanted to know what you think of the whole thing.

I'm more worried about them wearing handkerchiefs on their brain  :o

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »

I'm more worried about them wearing handkerchiefs on their brain  :o

If you can make them typically named River Tam, I'd be all for it.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 30, 2011, 04:37:20 pm »

That looks great. One idea, what about making manticores the earth pony equivalent? The one in the Everfree Forest was essentially a lion with a scorpion tail. So you could have a progression from manticores with a non-grasping stinger tail that do basic work like farming and masonry, griffons that do more complex work like crafting and armoursmithing with their beaks and tails, and then sphinxes doing mechanics, surgery and weaponsmithing with their three graspers. I'd give the sphinxes a forehead gem for grasping, though, hankies on the brain is slightly too Monty Python even for this mod. For sizes, it might be an idea to do what I did with cave ponies and make lions/manticores the largest(after the royals), sphinxes next, then griffons smallest but with the 20% speed boost and flight.

A pony just made the first ever batch of plain longland dough, using orange wine as moisture and raising agent and a chunk of lion pony tallow. Then he ate it, raw. I'm going to have to rejig the reaction quantities, but the system works(dough is classed as plant cheese, in case you're wondering[I'm lucky I noticed I missed out the "L" in plant before I posted *shudder*]). I'll add a bread/cake material, so people can bake if they prefer but my idea was to cook it and say it became bread during that. I'll also adapt Dwarfu's butter statue/figurine reactions from here, with permission as you can see, to make figurines and statues out of bread, butter, cheese and the various forms of chocolate, too. Luxurious crimson banana gateaux figurines will work out as being worth much more than gold, but I think the length of the production line warrants it, not to mention the rarity of crimson bananas. I'll add a separate building for making blocks, rocks and furniture out of dough and such, so I can comment out the building permission in the entity files and anyone who wants their mod slightly crazier can add the square brackets back in, like they can with the TRAINABLE tag lemon trees have.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »

So the lion race will be like buffalo with regard to size, eh?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 30, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »

Well, Gilda is about twice the size of a pony(500,000 cubic centimetres), so if the sphinxes are 600,000, the manticores/lion 700,000 and the royals 2,500,000(yeah, pretty much megabeasts), that'd work out. That'd make them a little smaller than buffalo. I might do some testing and implement SeigeOps size reduction on buffalo, though limiting them to savanna and removing wood weapons from ponies seems to help enough.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 30, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »

*cracks knuckles*
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140