Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46850 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2011, 07:22:52 am »

You could always PM me the desired effect and act, so that we might look over it together.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2011, 07:25:47 am »

Alright, I'll do that.

I have to say that I don't really like how we've gone down in scale with each game though, but I guess it's easier to manage for you? I mean, in the first game, we had an unlimited space to us and were pretty much all-powerful, with mortal belief only giving small boosts in Acts, (though that probably was hellish to GM) in the second we were limited to one planet and now we start off with only one tribe and seem to need belief to survive (?).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2011, 07:31:12 am »

You do not necessarily need belief to survive. And yes, we scaled down because it was necessary due to the fact that it was simply impossible to keep track with such a great playing field, but also because the smaller the scale, the more attention we can pay to our individual characters.

Spreading belief will not be very hard in this game, and even then- Godhood III started without tribes.

Still, if it does not improve the game, we can remember that for a potential next Godhood.
After all, it's a game, and we're constantly experimenting to find the right balance, enjoying it on the way. (Or it is intended as such, at the least.)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:53 am »

Wait how did Acanthus get in ? ( I am trying to fiqure out why theres 11 players I am confused. )

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:58 am »

Acanthus isn't in...

The 11th player is there because Caesar miscounted.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2011, 10:29:59 am »

Alcinoe is in, so it looks like Acanthus is in after all.  Dragnar didn't post, in the end.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2011, 10:53:04 am »

Ahright, stupid me.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2011, 11:09:21 am »

Yes, I used the wiki for a nice manageable list of the Gods I had to put in the game.
For some reason I didn't notice Acanthus snuck in his God. Which is actually a rather amusing error on my part.
It would also be nice to add the names of the players to the list of Gods.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:28 am »

Well, that took about three hours.  I'll keep future posts shorter for my sanity, but the story ended up ballooning out of my control.  =/
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:02 am »

Well, that took about three hours.  I'll keep future posts shorter for my sanity, but the story ended up ballooning out of my control.  =/

Great stuff, as always!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2011, 12:40:33 pm »

Excellent. My sincerest compliments.
You've not only made a great example of manipulating mortals to achieve your goals, but you've also given me something extremely interesting to add to the next turn post, as well as allowing me to elaborate some more on the Godhood lore of creation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:53:41 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:57 pm »

Agh, I shouldn't have started writing this this late. Now it's full of spelling mistakes and such and ends rather abruptly because I was too tired to finish it properly. Oh well. >_>

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2011, 04:36:46 pm »

Also, would one of the the wiki-modifers add the first race we have (Humans)? Not much to say except they are ordinary humans created by the Overgoddess.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2011, 04:38:37 pm »

On It, Humans Will be put in.

Also I have a query: I organized the Forums into Godhood III and IV. Should I move the associated items in Godhood IV onto the mainpage or leave it as it is?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2011, 05:52:51 pm »

You know, some of the bot account names would be awesome for god names;  Raolodel, Jafbar, Mankale!

I reckon we ought to put the pages for the current game on the front page and archive the old pages to Godhood III etc.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58