Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454426 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13815 on: November 23, 2016, 06:23:33 pm »

If you do get any of the mods for GTAV DO NOT TOUCH THE MULTIPLAYER with them installed.  You will be detected, you will be flagged for hacking, you will be banned, you will have to buy the game again if you want to play MP again.

That said the open world part of the MP isn't that great.  The missions, races, and deathmatches are fun

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: November 23, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »

Elder Scrolls Online is for sale at around 7 quid on Steam. Worth the buy?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: November 23, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »

SR3 is better than 2. Better keyboard controls for sure.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: November 23, 2016, 08:47:33 pm »

Also with GTA V, be aware that they try to force people into the shit multiplayer by deliberately not including key features in single player, namely the ability to buy insurance for your cars, the ability to store a decent number of vehicles, and the ability to save any vehicle as your default. You're stuck with the shit cars they give you in the last respect (had a tuned out multi-million dollar monster? Lol despawned). If you wreck a car or leave it it's basically gone forever unless you get lucky and manage to snag it from the impound lot.

Basically if you want to tune and drive cool cars, you gotta use a mod for garages (I use the one that turns that tower into one with something like a hundred or so slots) and use the car duplication exploit so that you can get a copy of your car to take out (since losing it will still delete it forever otherwise).

So in order to take a car out to drive around you have to go through a 10-15 minute process every single time. Fuck Rockstar.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: November 23, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »

Jeez.

At least SR3 gave you lots of vehicle storage and everything you stored was automatically saved.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: November 23, 2016, 08:56:46 pm »

Jeez.

At least SR3 gave you lots of vehicle storage and everything you stored was automatically saved.

Everything you stored, plus every vehicle you upgraded at the mechanic shop is automatically saved. I think that holds true for SR2 too, except that if you explode the vehicle, you'd have to pay a pittance to repair it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: November 23, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

Damnit, Spiderweb Soft. STOP. Just stop it. This is like the 5th time you've jacked up the price of a game for a sale so you can 50% it at a higher price. Avernum 2 the modern remake is usually about $16. It's now $20 and half off.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:09:35 pm by BigD145 »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: November 23, 2016, 09:27:12 pm »

Jeez.

Everything you stored, plus every vehicle you upgraded at the mechanic shop is automatically saved. I think that holds true for SR2 too, except that if you explode the vehicle, you'd have to pay a pittance to repair it.
Was true in SR1 as well.  SR1 was ahead of GTA games at the time.  Even San Andreas which came out after didn't have features that I felt that SR had that GTA should have, even to this day.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: November 23, 2016, 09:53:46 pm »

Cars disappearing in GTA 5 would annoy me enough to get a refund lol. I don't want to find an epic car and then it magically disappearing away. Heck, even if its a bicycle or whatever, it still be just as annoying.

Luckily though there are mods that fix that :P Though I did actually know about the disappearing cars before I bought GTA 5, since someone on my steam list told me that "feature". Its fine though because there are mods.

I still however plan to play a near vanilla game, all I downloaded to play later is a graphics mod (redux) and a mod that lets you save cars anywhere, and one that allows more storage of cars I guess. Dunno really how the game works with that, hence why like most moddable games (like skyrim), its best (at least to me) to play a mostly vanilla game.

(edit: Though actually Redux looks more like an actual game overhaul. So I might use it later. I didn't really look at it, just the video showcasing it. Well in any case, it'll be nice to have mods to not lose vehicles randomly.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:59:18 pm by Kazagarth »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: November 23, 2016, 10:06:41 pm »

The problem is that AFAIK there are no mods to change your default car or save cars so that they'll still be in your garage if you total them or leave them on the street somewhere.

It's a transparent cash-grab, too. The features were in GTA IV. They exist in GTA Online. The only reason they're not in GTA V single player is because Rockstar can't sell cash cards for single player.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:33 pm »

I miss selling random cars to export. That was GTA 2.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:07 pm »

I thought it just went Free to Play?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: November 23, 2016, 11:13:54 pm »

I thought it just went Free to Play?

A starter pack like Eve is doing?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: November 24, 2016, 12:33:36 am »

The game is buy to play with no required monthly fee.  The required monthly fee is the thing that was removed.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:27 am »

The game is buy to play with no required monthly fee.  The required monthly fee is the thing that was removed.

Well, actually. There is an OPTION to have a monthly fee. Which is still almost required, but still optional.

It lets you get some amount of the cash shop coins (forgot what they are called) every month, so eventually you can just buy all the DLC/goodies. It also lets you have all DLC for as long as you are subbed, without needing to pay for them. And the part that I found most useful is the crafting bag only available with a monthly fee. See, ESO inventory is VERY limited if you are a crafter+combat character. You run out of space super fast if you are a hoarder (which I am, don't like throwing stuff away. Especially in an Elder Scrolls game, I never do that at all in any Elder Scrolls game). The crafting bag with the monthly fee lets you store an infinite amount of harvestable resources, and no weight or take up space.

It saves an immense amount of room, and makes the entire monthly sub almost required, especially if you like crafting.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1134