Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453909 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13620 on: September 22, 2016, 11:57:10 am »

I propose we rename this thread SALES COMMISSAR 40K XTREME LEGENDS.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: September 22, 2016, 12:14:41 pm »

I dunno. Haven't seen Tellemurius on the boards in a grip.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: September 22, 2016, 05:38:40 pm »

I purchased the latest Humble Bundle. I do not play Duelyst. Anyone wants a key for spirit orbs and cosmetic things, be my guest.

Humble now says "All purchases are for your personal use only" but I don't particularly care.

Also, this is a thing I can get behind. Beware of clicking around too much though - the SeXtember bundle is going on and you probably don't want to accidentally look at it where people can see.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:56:18 pm by Mephisto »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: September 25, 2016, 07:07:00 am »

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and its DLCs are very cheap right now - $7.46.

It does require an account with EA, though, which is the specific reason why I refuse to buy it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13624 on: September 26, 2016, 10:22:07 am »

GoG is having a sale, although I didn't see anything I was looking for today.

Also they added some more games to GoG connect, if you want to sync a few more steam games over to GoG.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:59 am »

Oh hey, Crypt of the Necrodancer is half price.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: September 28, 2016, 05:03:56 am »

if you have "uplay" you can get the racing game "the crew" for free (think till end of the month), because of the 30th birthday of ubisoft.
so every month they give away a game for free.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: September 28, 2016, 12:51:52 pm »

Oh hey, Crypt of the Necrodancer is half price.

This game is crushingly difficult (or maybe I'm just terrible), but it's also fair - when you die, it's your own fault not RNG "fake difficulty". It's also a lot of fun despite the fact I keep getting destroyed.

I think I got it 75% off so if you wait it will probably have a better sale at some point, but if you like rhythm games it's worth the $7.50 imo.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: September 28, 2016, 01:13:21 pm »

(disclaimer haven't slept for a while)
I wouldn't even call the "normal" run crushingly difficult.  I'm by no means good at rhythm games, but I beat the normal run in about two weeks (interrupted by family travel) of play.  It's difficult at first, except it gives you easy enemies at first.  And each stage is reasonably short, like 10 minutes I think (if you succeed, otherwise it's shorter).  That goes for the final stage, though of course there's a boss.

And then, without spoiling anything, there's another two story-centric runs (think the negative castle in Symphony of the Night, but with another twist).
Full disclosure:  The 3rd story run is pretty absurd.  I haven't beaten it.  But it was no herculean feat for me to beat the 2nd run...  Just a matter of patience and learning a new mechanic.

There are also several other characters who you can run as, who aren't related to the story (or are they).  They're generally a little bit easier, except for monk, fuck monk and gdammit I'll never unlock Bolt will I?

To summarize this game:  Once you know the pattern, it's still tough but not too tough for a scrub like me to reach a very satisfying victory... or two.

So basically what BurnedToast said - it's ALWAYS fair difficulty.  You only get exposed to new enemies 4 times, and then you're allowed to practice against them indefinitely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: September 28, 2016, 08:39:43 pm »

GOG has a bunch of Spiderweb Software on sale for just under 3 days. This is the cheapest the Avernum 2 remake has ever been. $6 US
$2.49 US for Avadon 1 and 2. About $21 for the whole set of what GOG has.

Lots of other stuff still on sale.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: September 29, 2016, 08:18:02 pm »

How is Victor Vran? It's 12$ for a two pack on steam, I was thinking of picking it up to play co-op with a friend.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13631 on: September 29, 2016, 08:24:59 pm »

I've played a couple of times with a friend of mine and we had a good time. Its coop seemed to work pretty well. I'd advise both of you to stay about the same level to each other, because I remember constantly dying to a boss because my friend was a lot higher in level.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »

Probably not everybody's cup of tea, but All the Hexcell games (and the newer Square Cells) are 70% off:  http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Matthew%20Brown

I really had fun with all the Hexcell games.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

I recommend the Hexcells collection.

At first glance, Hexcells appears to be Minesweeper on a hexagonal grid. It's not. It's a collection of lovingly hand-constructed puzzles using a new and clever ruleset.

The original Hexcells is a gentle introduction to the rules, and never gets hard. At this price, it's worth buying and blowing through in an afternoon, then moving on to the good stuff.

The real meat is in Hexcells Plus and Hexcells Infinite. The puzzles become very challenging, but still winnable without random guessing. I loved them.

The 'Infinite' in Hexcells Infinite stands for randomly generated layouts. They range from bad to decent, but they're lacking something. They have no direction or thrust, no jokes, no challenging goals, no sense of achievement. No heart. They are addictive; I've put entirely too many hours into the game.

I've never tried Squarecells. Philippa Warr reviewed it on RPS, saying that it doesn't have the elegant simplicity of Hexcells, but it feels similar.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13634 on: October 03, 2016, 09:44:14 pm »

Hell yeah to Hexcells. Get all of'em. So relaxing. Still play it from time to time when I need to take a breather!

Squarecells was really cool too. A bit more involved, a bit less intuitive, but fun nonetheless. Too bad it doesn't have an infinite mode!
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1134