Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457691 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12330 on: October 16, 2015, 05:22:04 pm »

Shame they don't have Resident Evil {Woman Giving Giraffe a Blowjob} 6.

o_O

Umbrella's experiments have taken a turn for the worse.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12331 on: October 16, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »

And speaking of Humble Bundle, the weekly bundle is a bit... odd. Hint: the first game on the list is Hatoful Boyfriend.
Far more telling is the top tier physical good... "Valentine's Day 2 Love Pants"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: October 16, 2015, 06:03:35 pm »

It it a valentines day bundle in october. I'm not sure what you guys were expecting if not dating sims and a pigeon sim.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: October 16, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

That said, the Capcom bundle does look interesting. I am upset at the description of DmC: Devil May Cry,
That is not a secret.  Its a reboot, its not in the same canon.

I wanted to like that game.  They had some good ideas but more bad ones.  It controls a lot better on the PC than the other DMC games (don't judge me I don't own a Playstation), and the city its set in is honestly a lot better than the other games' aggressively generic settings.  But the storytelling is tone-deaf on several levels and the combat... it seems OK at first.  But then you realize that your attacks and movement are way too powerful and the way the game countered this is to make it so 2/3rds of your weapons just don't work at all against a given enemy.  There are some cool fights against humanoid enemies with similar abilities to you but they're few and far between.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: October 16, 2015, 11:34:41 pm »

GOG is selling Alpha Centuari Planetary Pack for 2 bucks. Come get the legend for a steal while you can.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: October 19, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »

Humble Store is selling Paint The Town Red at 15% off as an early access.

Having... acquired it for demo purposes, it's:

a) Fun; it's pretty dwarfy too, it's essentially a FPP voxel-based bar fight simulator based on a (free) 7DFPS project.

b) HORRIBLY HORRIBLY HORRIBLY optimized. My laptop runs, say, PAYDAY 2 at decent settings, but this little unity game is basically running in bullet time. Early access, so they've promised to fix it later, but it's still a massive caveat emptor.

And of course c) an early access title with all the good and bad it entails.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: October 22, 2015, 09:23:02 pm »

Hey, Steam's running a deal on Fallout right now with the games either 50% or 66% off. I've been interested in the games, but I've heard that the later ones especially are really buggy, and might not support Windows 10.

Can you tell me if buying some of them now is worth it or will they be cheaper when Fallout 4 is released or during the Winter sale? Can you also tell me if any of them are supported by Windows 10? Finally, which Fallout games would you recommend? I'll probably only grab two, but New Vegas and a pre-Bethesda one would probably be my picks. Thanks!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: October 22, 2015, 09:36:51 pm »

Huh, they're actually significantly cheaper than the GOG versions at this time ($10 there, 3.39 on steam).
Considering that, I really doubt they'll get cheaper than this.  Not sure what you mean by later ones, but Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics were perfectly stable for me.  FO2 I played... shit, literally 9 years ago, and tactics was last year.  So you should be fine, unless Steam's port is worse than GOG's.

which wouldn't surprise me much.

If you're getting only one of the classics, I'd say Fallout 2.  It's the only one I completed.  Fallout 1 is also good and a classic, but 2 is a bit more forgiving.  I didn't get lost as easily as I did in Fallout 1.  It's also not necessary to play 1 to understand 2, at all.  It's an exceptionally strong sequel.

Tactics is... different.  Also noncanon.  I enjoyed it, but to be honest I didn't get far.  I keep meaning to go back to it though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: October 22, 2015, 09:52:43 pm »

Tactics was pretty awesome if you want a squad-centric TBS that works on the SPECIAL engine. Think of it as a Fallout-style game that isn't directly Fallout and you get the idea.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: October 22, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »

"South Park: The Stick of Truth" is 75% off on Steam at the moment. If you like the TV show, can stomach gratuitous... uh... everything and like turn based RPGs it's a well regarded game.

I have not personally played it, mostly due to it being censored in some parts here in Australia, but I have watched two let's plays of the game by Lucahjin and Vinny from Vinesauce. The game is outrageous and I think is a good example of a successful game tie in to a TV series.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: October 23, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »

... anyone know if any of the current humble mobile bundle games are anything of note?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: October 24, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

Shadow of Mordor GotY Edition is $16.99 on Steam right now. I've hemmed and hawed about getting it for long enough. Even though I just bought Vermintide and Afterbirth this weekend too.....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »

If you have a lot of free space, and really like killing orcs, its pretty great. Also, the game keeps track of who killed you so they can taunt you the next time you meetup. The nonstory game modes are also pretty alright, but still involve orcs and the wrecking of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: October 24, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »

I think it's for all products, but GreenManGaming has a promo code for 22% off right now. It's good until the 26th.

Code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: October 25, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »

Shadow of Mordor GotY Edition is $16.99 on Steam right now. I've hemmed and hawed about getting it for long enough. Even though I just bought Vermintide and Afterbirth this weekend too.....

Bundlestars appears to be offering a better deal on it here: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle

It's only a dollar cheaper or so, but there might be more DLC offered there.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1134