Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457419 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11625 on: June 15, 2015, 02:23:21 pm »

I got Avernum II the Pit, I think, after reading about how deep it was....

I made it about 20 minutes before deciding that it was either a) way too old for me now or b) being talked up as being way better than it actually was.
Could be both, though that would have been the first one, not II, probably -- the second one didn't come out until earlier this year. They're not the most incredibly deep pieces of game design, mechanically (though they do alright -- what I'd call about mid-tier in complexity and whatnot), and the story is solid but not mind-blowing or anything. Most of spiderweb's stuff is solid but not top-tier. Something you turn to after you've done the bigger names in the isometric RPG business.

The geneforge stuff is arguably more developed in regards to writing... greater attempts at ethical choices and whatnot, generally a twistier world. The avernum/exile stuff is mostly pretty straightforward adventure romps, set in a fairly interesting setting. They're nice stuff. Not amazing, but nice.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:25:00 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »

Geneforge also has potential for you to literally go mad with power.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:07 pm »

I liked that Avernum actually had turn-based grid combat instead of real-pause, personally.

The first two times I tried playing even just the demo I bounced off it hard, but on the third time it clicked better and I actually enjoyed it.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: June 15, 2015, 02:38:05 pm »

What's the likelyhood that the Ys series will be available in some kind of package deal, including Ys 4 (which only released this year)?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11629 on: June 15, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »

What's the likelyhood that the Ys series will be available in some kind of package deal, including Ys 4 (which only released this year)?
Probably not soon. Unless I'm missing something it looks like they have somewhat changed publishers as IV lists Marvelous USA, Inc. as well as XSEED, which was the sole listed publisher for the earlier games. It doesn't mean that it is impossible that it will happen, just that there is now another company involved in making the decision.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: June 15, 2015, 03:05:15 pm »

Oh good. The Avernum 2 price finally went back down to normal from its bloated price. It was $10 on GOG earlier. Complete Saga (7 games) is $12.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: June 15, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »

I only have enough for 1 more major purchase. So my choice comes down to Neptunia games now or fall into the modding hole and wait for Skyrim sale.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: June 15, 2015, 04:12:00 pm »

Skyrim always goes on sale for cheapo money.

Between the two of them I would go Skyrim for sure. The Neptunia games are super niche meme-filled games. Or maybe just buy it then refund I dunno.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: June 15, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »

I guess Neptunia can wait. I'll get them next time when the 3rd game comes out.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11634 on: June 15, 2015, 04:55:51 pm »

I would be surprised if you can't get your fill of neptunia-like art/models/humor from the plethora of mods out there.
Hell, might even be a total conversion that creates neptunia-like gameplay. Doubtful, but possible. ;)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: June 15, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »

Anyone know if Cook Serve Delicious is good? Its a dollar currently as one of the game unlock deals.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: June 15, 2015, 06:08:19 pm »

Anyone know if Cook Serve Delicious is good? Its a dollar currently as one of the game unlock deals.

...it's a dollar.  Take a chance.  :)

These days, I have a loose tiered system:

Under US$2.00-ish, the game only needs to be slightly intriguing.  That's the same price as a large not-fancy coffee, so it's cheap enough to take a stab in the dark.  ...
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: June 15, 2015, 06:21:03 pm »

So...  Anyone want to point out some decent sales that aren't on the first page?

There must be some decent stuff down in the long tail.

I'm tempted by Wazhack at $4.49 and Sokobond at $4.99.  I don't expect either to get a deeper discount, but I'm waiting anyway.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: June 15, 2015, 06:30:34 pm »

So...  Anyone want to point out some decent sales that aren't on the first page?

There must be some decent stuff down in the long tail.

I'm tempted by Wazhack at $4.49 and Sokobond at $4.99.  I don't expect either to get a deeper discount, but I'm waiting anyway.

Dungeons of Dredmor is $2.50, $3.50 for the complete pack (totally worth it).

I'm pretty sure everyone here has already heard of it, but just in case you haven't it's basically a roguelike lite with a silly sense of humor and huge eyebrows. I absolutely love it, even though I've STILL never beaten dredmor.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: June 15, 2015, 06:39:28 pm »

If you're open to grabbing in on GOG, Sokobond will probably bubble up again there.  I don't recall if it was for more than -50% off, but at least GOG gives you multiple shots at most/all of their deals.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1134