Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456480 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11190 on: May 27, 2015, 09:15:50 am »

Nintendo, as much as they are good at making durable things and successful handhelds, tend to be pretty behind in not acting old recently.
Remember that time where they put Mother 3 up on the 3DS virtual store, then took it down because it had "sold out"? I know that I don't, because it happened so fast that I didn't even get chance to know it had happened.
When did they do that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: May 27, 2015, 09:18:08 am »

-I am a doof-
This will teach me to pick the first source I find.

Here we are: http://earthboundcentral.com/2015/04/earthbound-sold-out-on-club-nintendo/
Was still the WiiU, but actually the thing I was thinking of.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:23:24 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: May 27, 2015, 09:20:44 am »

The comments there seem to be arguing whether thats a fake or not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: May 27, 2015, 09:32:01 am »

I'd complain if the Humble Bundle was purely commercial, but partnering with possibly the biggest name in the industry is going to rake in a lot of money for charity so this is still pretty cool.
And for what it's worth, the games being offered are still mostly indie produced, near as I can tell. I'd rate th'bundle as less of a not!humble thing than, say, one of the EA or squeenix bundles or whatev'. They're pimping nintendo, but at least they're catching some of the little dogs in the process (along with the charity, of course) as opposed to just doing a big dog.

Also cheers, burimon~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: May 27, 2015, 09:46:23 am »

As always, Guacamelee! is completely worth it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: May 27, 2015, 10:02:16 am »

For those few people that own a WiiU. For the many 3DS owners, OlliOlli is fun for a bit.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

For those few people that own a WiiU. For the many 3DS owners, OlliOlli is fun for a bit.
You forgot to add "And live in north America."
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: May 27, 2015, 10:22:47 am »

You forgot to add "And live in north America."

Only skateboarders are found on the North American continent, so it's fine.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: May 27, 2015, 10:45:49 am »

I understand what you meant, but now I'm imagining every street in NA covered in commuting skateboarders.  Sipping coffee as they grind railings to pass each other.  Wearing ties over their witty t-shirts.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:34 am »

I accidentally bought Killer Bundle 3 from Bundle Star twice and I am giving away the keys. If you are interested in the games included in the package, please PM me and I'll give you the Steam key. First come first serve basis and only one game per person. Also, no Escaped Lunatic.

Killer Bundle 3:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

List of games (will strike if claimed):
Planetary Annihilation
STALKER Call of Pripyat
Of Orcs andMen
it came from space, and ate our brains
Super Motherload
Merchants of Kaidan
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
Survivalist
Spark Rising

Could I get Of Orcs and Men, please? I've been meaning to give it a try, but I hadn't heard enough good to justify buying it.

I understand what you meant, but now I'm imagining every street in NA covered in commuting skateboarders.  Sipping coffee as they grind railings to pass each other.  Wearing ties over their witty t-shirts.

This is not entirely untrue. Go to any number of college campuses and you'll see longboarders everywhere, including among the faculty.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: May 27, 2015, 11:21:23 am »

Not on my campus. There are very strict rules about riding your skateboards on sidewalks. In fact I think there's city ordinances about riding your skateboards downtown.

My town really has it out for them. Meanwhile, they adore cyclists even though I've seen them being way bigger assholes/dangers to traffic than skateboarders.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:08 am »

I accidentally bought Killer Bundle 3 from Bundle Star twice and I am giving away the keys. If you are interested in the games included in the package, please PM me and I'll give you the Steam key. First come first serve basis and only one game per person. Also, no Escaped Lunatic.

Killer Bundle 3:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

List of games (will strike if claimed):
Planetary Annihilation
STALKER Call of Pripyat
Of Orcs andMen
it came from space, and ate our brains
Super Motherload
Merchants of Kaidan
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
Survivalist
Spark Rising
Could I get Super Motherload?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:50 am »

Not on my campus.
That sounds less like a statement, more like a line from a grumpy old man in a movie. Durn kids, git off mah lawn.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:10 am »

Not on my campus. There are very strict rules about riding your skateboards on sidewalks. In fact I think there's city ordinances about riding your skateboards downtown.

My town really has it out for them. Meanwhile, they adore cyclists even though I've seen them being way bigger assholes/dangers to traffic than skateboarders.

My town allows cyclists on sidewalks. They are a huge threat to pedestrians AND other vehicles that do not expect someone to drive the wrong way on the sidewalk at 25mph when there's a bike line on both sides of the roads. Cyclists come out of nowhere when you're turning out of a parking lot. I'd feel better if they were skateboarders that could grind right over my top.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:19:02 pm by BigD145 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11204 on: May 27, 2015, 11:53:59 am »

Not on my campus.
That sounds less like a statement, more like a line from a grumpy old man in a movie. Durn kids, git off mah lawn.
He's been the groundskeeper for 55 years and he'll be damned if some punk is gonna hoverboard over his petunias!
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1134