Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454829 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9045 on: July 01, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

I kept my profile public since I only get spammed from playing Counterstrike anyways.
Does anyone see my sig down below?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: July 01, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »

The ones I've gotten were spamming invites trying to build some open-invite community or some other, usually unrelated to anything I have an interest in. They're not that common, though... like 3 in the past 4 years or something?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: July 01, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »

I like to keep my friends lists in all platforms limited to my <5 actual friends who I know IRL, so I just decline any random friend requests I get.

That said, I have a few bay12ers on my Steam list from previous giveaways, because they're cool people and I feel like unfriending them would be super rude and they'd think I was a terrible person. :<

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:56 pm »

I kept my profile public since I only get spammed from playing Counterstrike anyways.
Does anyone see my sig down below?

Yep, it's displaying fine.

I get occasional spam invites to groups, but only in the sense that they're going out to lots of people.  It's pretty unusual for me, despite having about 30 "friends" from when I played Left 4 Dead a lot.  I also get phishing spam via AIM about once a month, probably because I have it public here.  Nothing particularly annoying, except maybe the trade requests...  But I could prune my friends list at any time.  I really appreciate the contact-grouping system.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9049 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:23 pm »

Dyad is on sale right now during the Canada Day Sale.

Images don't do it justice, you gotta watch/play it for even more maximum effect.

More from where these images come from.

EDIT:
Last call. It's off sale soon; 8.5 hours left. 1PM (-5 GMT).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:36:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: July 03, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »

Steam weekend deal. Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 are 75% off. That's 10€ for all three.
I must say that's one of the deals I kept waiting for throughout the summer sale.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: July 03, 2014, 03:24:22 pm »

Oh, hey, one of those had a storyline written by Richard K Morgan.  I like his sci-fi novels.

Maybe I should pick that bundle up.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: July 03, 2014, 03:26:52 pm »

I can definitely recommend Crysis 2. It's absolutely amazing.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:33 pm »

Crysis 1 and 2 are awesome. I actually liked Crysis 1 a lot more than 2, because you had so much freedom and you felt like a predator in the jungle. Crysis 2 had a lot of moments where it felt like it would end and then they would come back with like "nope, think again loser". A lot of parts felt like they tried to make the game longer with the storyline. But I really enjoyed them both and would recommend anybody to play them and just have fun in the games. You will really feel like a super-soldier.

Can't say anything about Warhead though.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:07 pm »

I dunno, after the assload of Steam games I've gotten in various Bundles for much less than these last sales, I don't find them so compelling anymore.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: July 03, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »

Crysis 1 is, in my opinion, the best of the series.  You just have so much freedom, and the enemy AI and the graphics are still better then most games today.  On top of that, while it isn't an open world game, the levels themselves just give you so many options.  Two of my favorite levels, Onslaught and whatever is right before it, require you to basically reach a single point at the end of the map.  In the level before it, you are delivered by VTOL to a U.S Marine position on top of a hill overlooking a North Korean harbor.  You have an entire bay between you and it, and it doesn't matter how you get there.  You can take a boat, you can swim, you can hijack a car, all those things.  In the next level you get a tank, and again you have a wide open area which is perfect for tank battles. 
Crysis 2 and 3 both just felt too linear to me.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: July 05, 2014, 01:51:38 am »

I recently just got a 90% off coupon for Planets Under Attack (curtesy of badge crafting), which brings the price of the game down to $1. If anybody wants it they can have it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9057 on: July 05, 2014, 02:11:22 am »

I wouldn't mind nabbing it.

I've been wanting to start doing review videos again, and I've been wanting to do some of the lesser known games that have been coming out. There's a huge number of games that aren't touched on by the big names in the review industry that need a little love, but can't quite reach the headlines.

I'm Knight of Fools on Steam.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: July 05, 2014, 02:21:58 am »

on the same note i have a coupon for xblades %90 off which also brings the price down to $1.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: July 05, 2014, 04:40:40 am »

I wouldn't mind nabbing it.
Alright, I've sent you a friend invite. It's sleepy time for me (ignore the fact I'll be idling in one of my lesser games for their cards :P), so I'm off to bed but I should be able to get the coupon to you tomorrow morning assuming you accept the invite.

And I've got another 75% off ($2.50 price now) one for Zombie Driver HD if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:52:51 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1134