Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458089 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12015 on: August 16, 2015, 02:24:02 am »

Sid Meyer's Beyond Earth is 50% off at Steam right now. Anyone have anything to say about it? I liked the past Civilization games, so how does it compare?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: August 16, 2015, 02:34:54 am »

Not well. It's essentially a space reskin of Civ 5. Civ 5 is better these days, thanks to some really great DLC.
Beyond Earth's largest innovation to the formula is the introduction of a satellite layer that exists above the rest of the map. Also, a pretty cool way of doing research. Research is easily the best part of the game.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: August 16, 2015, 02:54:23 am »

Not well. It's essentially a space reskin of Civ 5. Civ 5 is better these days, thanks to some really great DLC.
Beyond Earth's largest innovation to the formula is the introduction of a satellite layer that exists above the rest of the map. Also, a pretty cool way of doing research. Research is easily the best part of the game.
Huh. Well also it turns out Steam is doing a thing where you can play Beyond Earth for free, ending in...12 hours. We'll see between sleep and the giant download time if I get a chance. Thanks for the input!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12018 on: August 16, 2015, 08:31:27 am »

Huh. Well also it turns out Steam is doing a thing where you can play Beyond Earth for free, ending in...12 hours. We'll see between sleep and the giant download time if I get a chance. Thanks for the input!
So long as you get it downloaded and start it up, it shouldn't lock you out. Leave it running as long as you like. :P

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: August 16, 2015, 12:16:06 pm »

Sid Meyer's Beyond Earth is 50% off at Steam right now. Anyone have anything to say about it? I liked the past Civilization games, so how does it compare?
Immaterial seemed to cover it pretty well. Only thing I'd add is that it has one of my favorite video game soundtracks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: August 16, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »

Things learned: The download will apparently finish even if the free play period ends. Also, BE's music is cheerfully available in .ogg format.

This observation has nothing to do with the comment regarding the game's soundtrack. Nothing at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »

How does one use the .ogg format? I have some music I would love to be able to listen to whenever I want.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: August 16, 2015, 05:41:38 pm »

Hell if I know the details involved, but it's mostly just another music format. Winamp runs it fine. So does my kindle (.ogg's actually the only thing compatible with the bundled alarm program :P). Pretty sure most music players these days should.
Ask not!
Ask!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: August 16, 2015, 05:42:36 pm »

You could play in a few things. I think there's a plug in for Windows Media Player to play .ogg, or you could convert them to a different format.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: August 16, 2015, 05:46:11 pm »

Huh.

Yeah, one of my media players handles it just fine. Weird. Last time I tried to run .oggs I could find nothing >_>;
Oddly enough the default program was set to Firefox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: August 16, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »

How does one use the .ogg format? I have some music I would love to be able to listen to whenever I want.
Obtain winamp (or decent media player that isn't windows media player), successfully play ogg. Also mp3 and wav and sometimes flac.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12026 on: August 16, 2015, 06:15:30 pm »

https://www.indiegala.com/aussie

This contains Deadnaut and Zafehouse: Diaries, two games I have enjoyed somewhat. They're... different. Look into them, they might be up your alley!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »

Obtain winamp (or decent media player that isn't windows media player), successfully play ogg. Also mp3 and wav and sometimes flac.
Yeah, I'm using something called MPC. Originally picked it up for my Japanese animes, apparently can play most any media file.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: August 16, 2015, 06:49:48 pm »

... innit mpc media player classic? Use that for most of my video playing needs, m'self. I guess it can do music to, but... don't recall it really being a dedicated music player, ala winamp (which is my music player of choice, probably mostly just due to inertia -- been using the same one for years) or whatev'.

Looks like it does play .oggs, though. I never even noticed the thing played music :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: August 16, 2015, 07:25:15 pm »

mpc & mpc-hc play literally everything media. But winamp takes up less space if you're only playing music.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1134