Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458076 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12000 on: August 13, 2015, 02:29:16 pm »

Not really a "Steam sale" per se, but you can get Crusader Kings II and... around a quarter of its dlc for $10 USD on a relatively new Bundle Stars bundle.
Good share. I've been meaning to play this for some time and this is massively cheaper than the usual retail value.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12001 on: August 13, 2015, 03:01:21 pm »

Thanks for the heads up on the humblebundle.
I've had some interest in Steam Marines, EoS, and Reassembly for awhile. All three in one bundle at an agreeable minimum price? yes please.

Icing on the cake: The Challenger Center is frikkin great, assuming it's as good as it was when I went as a kid. Or better I would hope considering the timeframe. Definitely was a strong influence in my space fandom.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: August 13, 2015, 03:33:47 pm »

Steam has a Devolver Digital sale going on that has some decent looking things.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/devolverweekend2015/
What? Ronin, Broforce and Not a hero - all on sale with a nice chunk off the original price? What? I've got money to spare? What a lovely day.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: August 14, 2015, 12:37:58 am »

Chance to try Interplanetary and Edge of Space for $5 is too good to pass up, but I feel like I'm taking a gamble putting the extra $5 in for Reassembly. The reviews are all fanboyishly positive, though.

Icing on the cake: The Challenger Center is frikkin great, assuming it's as good as it was when I went as a kid. Or better I would hope considering the timeframe. Definitely was a strong influence in my space fandom.
I was wondering about that. Hopefully you're right, since I consider introducing children to Neat StuffTM to be a species-wide imperative.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:55 am »

I bought into Edge of Space by itself a while back, and was disappointed with it. Was expecting a broader path of development, but my experience was fraught with frustration. Weapons were weak compared to enemies and I couldn't even figure how to get better armor to survive the environment (there was a sort of "drowning/oxygen" system) let alone the more dangerous enemies at deeper depths. The UI itself was also frustrating to use, there were a lot of annoyances that I presume were getting backburnered in preference for more content development, waiting to do a passover on UI usability once the game is closer to to complete. (This is a mistake, in my opinion: any playable open beta should have a robust, functional UI, even if content itself isn't complete.)

I decided to put it aside and wait for it to be finished, barely hoping it might turn out decent then. But that was months and months ago, no idea how far along they've come since then.

I might pick up the bundle anyway, though. Reassembly looks very interesting. I am extremely uncreative (especially in 3D environments like Minecraft and Starmade) but the 2D aspect may be simple enough for me to work in. It looks like a more freeform S.P.A.Z. with a broader scope, which intrigues me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12005 on: August 14, 2015, 06:55:41 am »

Reassembly is fun for a few hours once you find a faction you like. They all play pretty differently.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12006 on: August 14, 2015, 10:13:57 am »

It looks like a more freeform S.P.A.Z. with a broader scope, which intrigues me.
I believe that's the best description that could be given for the game in 8 words or less. ;)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: August 14, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »

Reassembly is fun for a few hours once you find a faction you like. They all play pretty differently.
I love reassembly but I just wish the pieces would fit together more easily or could be scaled and shaped. It would allow efficient designs that also look awesome, rather than massive boxes filled with weapons.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: August 14, 2015, 03:28:03 pm »

Fwiw, some pieces can be scaled.  Though not all factions get scaleable pieces.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: August 14, 2015, 04:47:41 pm »

Fwiw, some pieces can be scaled.  Though not all factions get scaleable pieces.
Yeah but the scaling has three modes. Normal. Big. Too big.
Not exactly precise.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12010 on: August 14, 2015, 07:06:58 pm »

And I'm over here wishing there were bigger pieces. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: August 14, 2015, 07:09:20 pm »

Too big just means make a bigger shape, tbh. Not everything has to be a box.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12012 on: August 14, 2015, 07:25:57 pm »

Mostly it's because the larger something is, the more efficient it is for the P cost. (most of the time)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: August 14, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »

Steam Marines is a pretty nice tactics/roguelike hybrid, with procedurally generated content. That alone is worth throwing a  couple of buck at this. In fact, I did so because with Desura's implosion my access to a DRM free version was jeopardized.

The spaceminecraft thing looks interesting enough.

I do not care about the three steam-only games, and Reassembly does not look interesting enough for me to throw 10 bucks at it, so I passed those.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: August 14, 2015, 10:35:28 pm »

Reassembly  is amazing, been playing it all night!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1134