Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457292 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10800 on: February 24, 2015, 03:21:42 pm »

Okay, okay.

Old game (not as old as Dune2K...) just popped up as an unlocakable on the current humble bundle... Startopia is a cult classic and has been on my wishlist for ages.

Of course, it sells on Steam for like $6.5 and you have to pay over 7 to get it on the bundle.  Nothing else there I really want, except I've had K&L recommended to me...

And to bring that long off topic derail back around -- yes, SupCom2 is in this same bundle.

Taking a gander at my steam wishlist, Rise of Venice seems to be 75% off.  I'm a whore for trade and economic themed games, but I'm on a game buying break for the foreseeable future so I'll probably give it a miss.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:25:21 pm by puke »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: February 24, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

Discussing old obscure games is on topic since they're either on Gog or people are petitioning GoG to get them. As well as 1998's Dune 2000 remake, there's also a 2001 game which is a sequel to the 1998 one: Emperor: Battle for Dune. I never hear about any of these, has anyone given them a shot?
Grimith played Emperor for a bit (not much more than a bit though, sicne he beat the AI rather quickly), it looked interesting enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: February 24, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »

OH SILLY ME. WHAT A STUPID MISTAKE I MADE.
Don't pop a blood vessel there. It's not worth it over a half-page derail when there aren't even any new sales to talk about.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

In line of old RTSes, the infamous C&C collection is also on sale on Amazon for $5.

Locked to Origin though. On the bright side is if you don't like it you can ask Origin to refund? Not sure if it works if you bought from outside Origin but it is an EA title.

Generals Zero Hour has some of the best non-campaign singleplayer missions in any RTS ever. Also the voice acting. SO GOOD. SO CHEESY. CHINA WILL GROW LARGER.

Red Alert 1 had the best portrayal of Stalin in a game I think.

Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge had great campaigns.

I say infamous because I believe some of these games don't work properly on modern OSes. Not too sure on the details.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: February 24, 2015, 03:47:10 pm »

$5 is a good deal for all that. Too bad it's locked to Origin, because I don't want to need yet another game service I have to maintain. But that's not the killer. The killer is that it's only available to US consumers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: February 24, 2015, 03:48:10 pm »

Locked to Origin though. On the bright side is if you don't like it you can ask Origin to refund? Not sure if it works if you bought from outside Origin but it is an EA title.
Origin's refund system is pretty much this: you have 24 hours after you first run the game to ask for a refund. While you don't need a reason, you can only do it in those 24 hours. However, that only applies to stuff bought on Origin itself.

Shame about the stupid US-only thing though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: February 24, 2015, 03:50:17 pm »

You need an Amazon.COM account (not a .co.uk or .de or whatever) with your own address as the primary address (so that your card will clear) but a secondary/default delivery address set to a valid USA one (as nothing is being delivered, use anything you like - pick a hotel or use a service like BorderLinx to get one)

Though it should be common knowledge to anyone savvy to Amazon sales by now.

Deathsword: Yeah, but I managed to get a refund from an Origin game that I bought from Uplay too. So I think it depends on you. All I did was ask their customer support if I could get one since the game didn't work.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10807 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:34 pm »

So, I had 18 steam bucks left that I wanted to use for TF2, but I just saw There Came An Echo on the store and by Armok does that look amazing. Thoughts?
It's voice controlled, campy, and has will wheaton trying much too hard to do voice acting.

The combat system is a bit weird too.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: February 25, 2015, 12:50:03 pm »

MEOW
Shelter 2 is on sale preorder for 10% off. http://www.gog.com/game/shelter_2  10% more off if you own the first on gog.
March 9 release.

Humble Store has drm free and a steam key for 10% off.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:06:57 pm by BigD145 »

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: February 26, 2015, 04:14:49 pm »

i would love to see the classic dune 2 make a come back with a more modern unit control gui.

With a total game overhaul, or still a basic port of the old game into a new UI?

Not like this thing?  http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/dune-2000.php

which I guess is like 15 years old now.  holy fuck.

edit:  omg, its actually 20 years old.  I thought it had come out significantly later than that, I guess "2000" still seemed futuristic back in 1995.

also, found this:  http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/20346-list-of-dune-ii-clones-and-remakes/

some of those look promising.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: February 26, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »

Paradox has EUIV on free weekend, and most of the DLC on 75% discount.

EUIV is $9.99,
Conquest of Paradise is $3.74,
Wealth of Nations is $2.49,
Res Publica is $1.24.
That totals $17.46.
There's also the Europa Universalis IV Collection that includes 20 total DLC for $24.99 currently. (Although it includes American Dream, which is according to the reviews not worth buying at all because it has been broken since the first expansion)

The newest expansion is El Dorado, and is $14.99, and the next newest is Art of War, which is only 25% off (and also $14.99). (The EUIV Collection does not include either)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: February 26, 2015, 11:07:37 pm »

Steam weekend sale: Galactic Civ III is 50% off......Worth it?

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: February 26, 2015, 11:11:39 pm »

Wasn't that like, a huge fucked up mess during EA? Anyways, it's sitting at a 70% rating on Steam. Have you played the other Gal Civs? Stardock games can be a bit polarizing. Either you like their design or you find it bland.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:08 pm »

I played GalCiv II to death, but only until I had an unbreakable grip on the map, then got bored, don't think I ever actually finished game, although started dozens.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: February 27, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »

Sieg Heil!

German games weekend specials on gog.com. Lots of strategy and adventure titles in the mix. Gonna try that thing that's marked down from $30 to 69 cents. Can't hurt, and I never played Tropico so I'm grabbing the old one of those. Any other must-have cheap strategy games on that list?
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1134