Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457230 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10830 on: March 08, 2015, 01:27:03 pm »

Didn't know that you could randomly get a game for free during the GoG insomnia sale.  Was going to buy Xenonauts but got it for free instead.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: March 11, 2015, 02:36:00 pm »

So, uh, hey. One Way Heroics is going for less than a buck (75% off) until the 16th. It's a neat little game if anyone was eyeballing it. Star Wolves stuff that was being talked about a bit ago is in the 1-2 USD range, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:05 pm »

Valiant Hearts 75% off on Steam.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: March 12, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »

All 7 X games are free for the weekend on steam and are 66% off.
And by X games I mean X:Rebirth, X3: Albion Prelude, etc etc.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: March 12, 2015, 03:45:18 pm »

All 7 X games are free for the weekend on steam and are 66% off.
And by X games I mean X:Rebirth, X3: Albion Prelude, etc etc.

How was the most recent franchise reboot?  I played a fair amount of Albion Prelude, but have a hard time getting into it when i try to play it now, mostly due to the eclectic control scheme.  It also seems to suffer a bit from the "bad wallpaper effect", that after awhile it just starts to feel like its repeating itself.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »

Rebirth is absolutely not Albion or any other X game in the past decade or so. It released with two sectors and one player ship only. I think it got one or two more sectors recently. It seemed to become a RC car simulator in space.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10836 on: March 13, 2015, 01:03:10 pm »

Rebirth is absolutely not Albion or any other X game in the past decade or so. It released with two sectors and one player ship only. I think it got one or two more sectors recently. It seemed to become a RC car simulator in space.

This is a bit false.

Taken from Roguey's site, There are 4 galaxies in the base game, with 15 sectors total, each with 5-10 (though typically on the higher side) zones. Saw a post that reported 108 zones. Teladi outpost added 11 zones (around a 10% increase) and some extra gates. "Zones" are like somewhat smaller sectors from the other games, and only mark places of interest in open space, but the interesting thing is that Egosoft has changed it such that you can build your space stations anywhere (even way out where there aren't any space highways iirc) so the Zone <-> Sector comparison loses some of its steam.

There has been a lot of going back and forth and community backlash and support and all sorts of nonsense over the game, which has led to a crazy amount of difference from release to this point. I'm talking fundamental changes, like the space station construction, ship cockpits, different starts, major HUD changes (a lot of it rolled back to the more traditional X3 as opposed to the radial controller-based one), space highways (which changed how they functioned on fundamental levels at least 3 times). Ship AI has been improved, trading has been improved, tons of missions added, all sorts of stuff. It was a literal trainwreck of a cash infusion on release but has thankfully been steadily unwinding itself into something actually enjoyable.

For me, though, it still feels like less of a game than X3: AP. I really wanted to like X:R, but it's still not there for me unfortunately. I'd probably have to see even more efficiency improvements, a complete rework to the space station internal sections (they are constant immersion breakers), and a mod that changes the voice work (because oh god it's bad. It might exist but I haven't checked). However, it might actually be worth money now, and people might really enjoy it, so it's worth a shot, especially on a free weekend.

Credit to BigD145 where it's due, X:R is NOT in the same vein as the other X games. You can do a lot of the same stuff, and there's a lot of similarities, but it looks, plays, and functions in completely different ways.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: March 13, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »

X games are also on sale at Humble Store. The X(cubed) Superbox is $9.99 US. Lots of other space games on sale as well. You have less than three days to decide.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:06:14 pm by BigD145 »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: March 13, 2015, 07:25:39 pm »

Might not be exacly a sale or perfectly legal but GOG has discounts for people that already own the witcher 1 and 2.
Nnow thing is you can use your serial numbers from steam to get them on GOG... and GOG is not that tightly cooperating with steam so if you have a steam copy you can use its serial to either have the witcher in 2 different digital stores OR give it to a friend... or sell it if you are a goodwill exploiting asshole.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: March 13, 2015, 10:28:57 pm »

and a mod that changes the voice work (because oh god it's bad. It might exist but I haven't checked).

Let's be fair, the voice acting in the X-series has always been unbelievably terrible (I own but have not played TC yet, so it's possible it has decent voice acting)

Obligatory red faction guerrilla plug. $3.99 sale, it's really fun, drive a dump truck through all the things.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: March 14, 2015, 12:19:55 am »

So being someone completely unfamiliar with the X series, which one would you guys recommend I check out for the free weekend?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:20 am »

Terran Conflict.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: March 14, 2015, 12:59:49 am »

I'll echo that recommendation.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10843 on: March 14, 2015, 01:19:59 am »

I'm in the same boat as nogoodnames, but I'd also like something else - would it make sense to pay ~4€/$ more to get X superbox on Humble store, or should I buy JUST X3:TC on Steam? I've been eyein superbox for a decently long time, but I do wonder - iirc there is some decent story going around in X games, but is it worth it? Or should one just buy the best (TC?) in series and read the lore on wiki or something?

Also, why Terran Conflict? Why not Albion Prelude?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10844 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:55 am »

Was more of a standalone DLC than a proper game.
IMO if course.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1134