Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 147

Author Topic: Solistream: HIATUS MODE ENGAGE  (Read 136059 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Frivolity (Livestream)
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:06 pm »

Say uh I think I found and downloaded the mod  but it has a different title screen with a demon on it and with not as many leaders. Why is that?

Make sure you snag the Orbis Mod-Mod too, since it adds in more features, ranged attack mechanics, corporations, mana types, balance, and most importantly factions and units!
snag the Orbis Mod-Mod too
Orbis Mod

Mod-Mod
Hee hee, that word sounds silly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:56 pm »

*slaps self on forehead*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

I'll do the quick game, but how does the multiplayer actually work?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

You can play it with simultaneous or sequential turns, your choice; simultaneous is faster, but players moving units at the same time can ruin some of the careful strategy Civ normally operates on. We can also set up sequential turns with a turn-time limit, which would keep things moving along, but would still be a bit slower. Also, with only one city per faction there's less management and overhead, so games tend to be quicker.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:10 pm »

Wait, the hell? I need Beyond the Sword? Damn. And sequential turns are good, I don't care about cities though.
EDIT: Nevermind! I'm just gonna download the Orbis mod-mod.
EDITEDIT: So wait, do I need Beyond the Sword or not? Because I couldn't use Orbis. DAMMIT.
EDITEDITEDIT: Apparently, my Civ4 disc does not want to work.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:32:59 pm by Phantom »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2011, 03:53:32 pm »

We should get the patch right?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:02 pm »

Orbis, the patch, and the ElementalUnity Quickfix.

Also yes, you need Beyond the Sword. I can loan you my disk for demo purposes, if you wish. If so, drop me a PM!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2011, 04:40:57 pm »

How do you set  up the quickfix?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »

1) Find your Beyond the Sword Mods folder.
2) Extract the Assets Folder from the Quickfix into the Orbis folder.

Done!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »

Been busy trying to do crazy things with my EU3, moddingwise, and completely forgot to make this game ready, underway now but seems Civ likes installing slowly.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »

Got orbis running, bros!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »

Huzzah!

I'm thinking what I might do is let folks who have it get a chance to familiarize themselves with the game a bit, and give a bit more than 4 hours notice for a group-play. If folks prefer it, we can instead do something tonight, but it might be good to get the hang of things again, and at least familiarize yourselves with the game.

If we were to do this, who all would be in? Would this time tomorrow work well for folks? If I had to guess, a quick one-city match with 4-6 players would take 2 hours or so. We could start in the classical era as well, so we have access to basic tech, and could get to the game right away. A proper long-play of this would be nice some weekend too, but it could take an entire afternoon, or even a day to play through.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #372 on: June 27, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »

Huzzah!

I'm thinking what I might do is let folks who have it get a chance to familiarize themselves with the game a bit, and give a bit more than 4 hours notice for a group-play.
This sounds like an idea.

If folks prefer it, we can instead do something tonight, but it might be good to get the hang of things again, and at least familiarize yourselves with the game.
Something tonight would be cool atleast.

If we were to do this, who all would be in? Would this time tomorrow work well for folks? If I had to guess, a quick one-city match with 4-6 players would take 2 hours or so. We could start in the classical era as well, so we have access to basic tech, and could get to the game right away.

This sounds fine to me, this time tommorrow is uh. A certain day for me, but it's the night and I never sleep at night anyway.

A proper long-play of this would be nice some weekend too, but it could take an entire afternoon, or even a day to play through.

I'm totally up for stuff like this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:34 pm »

I'm in, if we don't get an all-forest start (I've been getting nothing but that and its really annoying to move in)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 27, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

In hopefully. But for some reason I can't find my orbis folder to put the quickfix in

Nevermind I found it!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:40:24 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 147