Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I create a simple, concrete tech tree for this game?

No, let's do this impromptu.
- 3 (75%)
Yes, it would be good to know exactly where everything stands.
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds - New Players Welcome  (Read 5315 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Dawn of Worlds (2 Openings Left!)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:12:05 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2928630/(11)

Rarbor not content with the amount of forests continues to grow trees.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2928827/ (4d6 and I get 3 ones? Just my luck.)

And as the trees grew, the world shuddered, for something had just turned it's attention on it. And as it saw the mountain on the east, it thought. And its thoughts turned into high mountains, creating a lush valley inside...
((Shape land: 9-8=1 point saved))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Spoilered for your reading convenience.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:16:53 pm by rty275 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

2d6=7 + 1 = 8

The Great Choob playfully rejoiced in Its corner of creation. Suddenly, the air grew heavy and it seemed as thought existence had begun to thicken, heralding the presence, or rather the compression, of the Æther. Overtaken by Its senses, Choob was filled with an unearthly energy, bounding this way and that with uncanny speed. Its padded feet carried It north, along the walls of the oddly symmetrical rise and to the twisted, frozen mountains. Winded, Choob sat to rest, and gazed up at the heights above.

There upon the jagged ledges it spotted the menacing form of another enormous white beast, a fearful creature with great tusks, a terrible sight! Giving the no second thought to monster or Its own divine aura, Choob let out a shrill cry and leapt back in the direction from whence It had come, over the grassy hills, and plunged into the ground.

The whole world shuddered as the Great Choob dug the depths, raising steep, densely vegetated bluffs moving south. The island to the east trembled, and fire broke free from the bowels of the earth. As the land slowly came to a stand still once more, Choob at last found Itself spent. On the eastern peninsula it burrowed forth and back into the world, shaking dirt from Its shaggy hide. From the dark soil that fell came a verdant forest where mighty storm clouds brought ample rain. There, in a vale along the river, Choob rested.

Altering terrain (-6)

Power = 2

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:41:27 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:49 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929160/(6)

Rarbor makes more a small jungle and some cactii.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:07 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929197/ (5+1=6-4=2)

And the Æther chose to rise, and thus the lava and earth did as well. And as they rose, they changed. Lava ran blue and grasses grew yellow, and this amused the Æther, so it left it as it was.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:00:05 am by rty275 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 02:51:31 am »

The Great Cog Saw with horror as another god entered the world with a flurry of chaos and darkness. Bending natural laws and changing the very fabric of reality this new Power soon started  to eat away at the land with it's evil Chaos. The Great Cog Knew that if It did not act, and fast, this world, perhaps all worlds, would fall to the Chaos that was growing... No, festering in this land. Perhaps not destroying this world was not the wisest move, but now it was much to late for such a action.

It knew it was up to It to act, and so It swung into motion. It spun and spun and spun and soon another godly Tornado sprung from It's Power. This Tornado spun across the barren lands and to the inner sea, there it spun to a island on a small was to the north of the corrupted lands there it solidified and shrunk down into the land, leaving in it's wake a majestic tower, built of ginormous blocks of gold and mortared with the pure light of order. As the tornado sunk into the ground and the seas, the land as before turned into pure steel, but the seas started to froth madly, huge plums of water arched high into the sky and soon the air was drenched and a impermeable fog over seas that twisted and spun, opening up chasms one moment and becoming high swells the next. Over this churning sea spun up many smaller Tornadoes that patrolled the sea. From this seat the forces of Order would be able to watch the lands of Chaos and the seas would protect them from any invasion by sea.

Then It moved to confront the much larger threat, the floating isle is pure Chaos and evil far to the south.

It moved to the edge of the land mass, a jutting piece of land of little value to anyone. From here It felt the dark power of the corrupted lands pressing down on It and trying to press it's dark will on It. It Knew It had to move quickly. It gathered It's Power and in one blow of godly Power stuck the ground, causing shakes the world round. The ground was pulverized and flung into the air, where, in defiance of gravity it hung, suspend by the mighty will of The Great Cog. This land would be the counter balance to the evil of that flying place and the staging point for the forces of Order.

Exhausted by this show of might The Great Cog retired back to It's Fortress of Order.

The War had started, the first Blows had been stuck.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds (Only 1 Opening Left!)
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 03:43:42 am »

2d6=9+ 2 = 11

The sound of snoring resounded through the heart of the foggy forests. A soft, effervescent light shimmered down, causing nose and ears to twitch. Choob shifted and groaned in Its sleep, dreaming of all that was to come...

The Sage stood tall and relaxed on his pinnacle above the world, the high wind whipping past Him. Below, visions of a lifeless world gave way as ageless barren lands embraced the breath of life. Flower petals danced through the air, springs poured pure from the frosty mountains, and grass grew tall and sweet.

Then, a flash of light! A flutter of wings! Shifting sand! His eyes widened as they chased the motion, but found only strange impressions that came in pairs. Dozens of them, hundreds of them, thousands of them, MILLIONS of pairs of impressions in the desert sand and grassy plains.

Ah, now He could see Them clearly. They were mouths and eyes, legs and feet, arms and hands and noses. They saw and moved, they went and did, they were and then were more and then were beautiful, were magical, were wondrous, and...!

The ground quaked violently and was sundered in all directions, and a sickening haze enveloped the world. The sounds of the forests and oceans were drowned in a sea of screams! The earth cracked, the mountains bled, the clouds cried endless tears, and then-

The Great Choob had awoken. Rolling over and sitting up, he was struck with a sudden realization: it was time to get something to eat.

Choob frolicks, and conserves Its strength.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:46:43 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:02 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929567/ (5+4+6+5)+(Previous total=9)=

Rillip stirred from his temporary sleep and looked upon the land, the others had been busy. But to the north no had had touched it, he felt it should be... different, more... cold and... wintery.
(Island vikinging) 29-11=18
Spoiler: Lol Map (click to show/hide)
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »

6+3=9

The Great Cog moved among the lower lands, Looking at the floating isle. Summoning It's strength It pulled mountains from the sea and earth to block the way to the lower lands. It crushed the land beneath It's mighty teeth and flung the ground into the air.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:24:32 pm by Criptfeind »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »

18(1+Included in roll), +2 Modifier?
Argos looked down at the world Shrugging slightly, As long as they do not touch my domain...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:20:25 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2930510/ (9)

Rarbor bided her time and collects her power.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:07 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2930639/ (6+1)+18=25
Rillip stirred but then returned to slumber, claiming it to late to be bothered with altering the map right now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:52:01 pm by quip »
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2931433/ ((5+6+2=13-13=0))
And as the Æther saw the cog spin, It thought "I could do that too...". And It began to spin and as it spun, the world started to spin faster...

(13/50, no new map.)

EDIT: 19/50 for missed modifier.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:38:37 am by rty275 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds (We Still have 1 Opening- Yes, I am talking to you^_^)
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »

2d6=5+11= 16

A warm gust from the east sweeps the rift between the northern jungles and the mountainous wasteland to the south, dancing a flurry of thin white hairs along with it. Each strand takes root, and in time there sprawls a large savanna...

Altering Terrain (-6)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:24:36 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4