Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quiet, too quiet  (Read 2277 times)

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
Quiet, too quiet
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:31:35 am »

Ok.
I genned a new world in .19 and established a fort. My question now is. What are the triggers for titans and forgotten beast. Its bloody boring without them and i need their meat. My last game they just kept coming.

This world was genned with high beasts so i don't understand the lack of FUN!
Art is a Blast

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet, too quiet
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:06 am »

If you're really unlucky, you may have chosen an area with no titans residing in it. Did you check your region in Legends for any?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 07:35:01 am »

If you're really unlucky, you may have chosen an area with no titans residing in it. Did you check your region in Legends for any?

No i was to focused on finding a location with metal. Unlucky is just another way to state that this is a MAJOR bug in the game.
Art is a Blast

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 07:50:55 am »

Not sure how far it's a bug, but the lack of favourable sites to embark on in 31.19 is certainly a little grating. As for the conditions for Titans/FBs, it seems to loosely mirror the conditions for goblin sieges (not ambushes). That is to say that population and created wealth seem to be the main determining factors - though in my last game I had only one Titan to over fifteen FBs.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 07:57:27 am »

Though I somewhat recall under the advanced world gen perams, it had Titan stuff. One was starting, which defaulted to 1, but invading was defaulted to 80 (are they asexual?) and something about wealth at like 100k. I could be wrong, though. Also, wouldn't it take them time (depending on world-size, a LOT of time?) to get there? I've never made a fort past a year or two, with minor snatchers, so I don't know.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:01:02 am »

My fort wealth is in the millions my pop over 100. Everything is there. Just not the FUN.
-EDIT-Seems with (every) consecutive version things keep getting worse these days.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:06:09 am by mareck »
Art is a Blast

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:01 am »

It takes a while for the sieges to build up in strength and numbers and for the massive monsters to start wondering in.  You probably embarked far away from fun and it's possible that many of the beasts were slain in worldgen.  You can keep QQing if that makes you feel better though.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 08:27:13 am »

It takes a while for the sieges to build up in strength and numbers and for the massive monsters to start wondering in.  You probably embarked far away from fun and it's possible that many of the beasts were slain in worldgen.  You can keep QQing if that makes you feel better though.

I genned the world with a 1000 titans... So i doubt that they would be dead. Sieges i have plenty of. Easy to get them to attack. All you do is increase your fort wealth with 150k a season. But gobbos can only get you that far before boredom sets in. And modding monsters into this version is tedious at best.
And lastly. Get of your high horse you bloody elf.
Art is a Blast

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:03:33 am »

Just dig down for some fun?
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:06 am »

Just dig down for some fun?
Covered that problem in another thread.
Art is a Blast

Niseg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

BTW don't forget to overclock/upgrade your CPU before you start digging  ;) and then turn off temperatures.

Anyways back to the topic: how old is your world? I've noticed there is a parameter of how old world is related to Titan generation. I think I changed it recently trying to find a good embark .

I didn't see more than 1 titan in my 31.18 game and I had major problems with 19 other than the fact lots of civs die off (could be related to my corrupt files).
Projects:Path finding simulator(thread) -A*,weighted A*(traffic zones), user set waypoints (path caching), automatic waypoint room navigation,no-cache room navigation.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 09:41:54 am »

BTW don't forget to overclock/upgrade your CPU before you start digging  ;) and then turn off temperatures.

Anyways back to the topic: how old is your world? I've noticed there is a parameter of how old world is related to Titan generation. I think I changed it recently trying to find a good embark .

I didn't see more than 1 titan in my 31.18 game and I had major problems with 19 other than the fact lots of civs die off (could be related to my corrupt files).
I dont need to worry about my cpu.
In my 3.18 games i had plenty of titans.
The world age i normally have at 150-250. This makes sure most mega beasts and alike survive world gen. Have been doing it since 40d. If you let your world age run over 250 most start to die out. so keep it nice in that bracket. 150-250.

Best is just reinstall ur version if u screwed your files. (Remember to save any mods you made)
Art is a Blast

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 01:04:58 pm »

There is a Titan attack requirement somewhere in the Advanced World Gen section. You can mod it for population, exported wealth, and imported wealth. Default is 80 if memory serves I usually tone it down to 40. I like small forts.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 01:32:16 pm »

There is a Titan attack requirement somewhere in the Advanced World Gen section. You can mod it for population, exported wealth, and imported wealth. Default is 80 if memory serves I usually tone it down to 40. I like small forts.
thats mine. I don't mind early attacks
pop: 10
export:0
value:10k
Art is a Blast

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

My fort wealth is in the millions my pop over 100. Everything is there. Just not the FUN.
-EDIT-Seems with (every) consecutive version things keep getting worse these days.

Wow, was it really necessary to be such an ungrateful and whiny little brat?  The only way you might deserve to bitch and moan like that is if you donate a lot of money to the Bay.  Go play a game which you enjoy if you're going to whine about this one advancing.  Releases that aren't bugfixes have huge flaws -- it's always been that way.  So drop back to .18 or .16 or stop whining like a 5 year old about how the thing you get for free and are choosing to play isn't perfect.

Titans aren't guaranteed to arrive at any point.  Once the conditions are met, they come randomly, much like moods.  even when you meet the criteria for a new mood, it can be several seasons before a mood turns up.  It's the same with Titans, FB's, and even sometimes Sieges.  Goblins are a bit more relentless than Beasties, though.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.
Pages: [1] 2