Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112679 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person: Book
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: IronyOwl
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Painiac, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl: Akhier the Dragon hearted
Painiac:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze

Not Voting: Mr.Person

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Thursday 3/3.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:33 am »

Ooh, flavour. Next time why not just say what you mean, instead of obfuscating with your flavour, Book?
Hm.

Nice buddying.

*Stuff*

Because I haven't and so it makes little sense. I feel that in mafia one should always do their best to be clear, the only people that benefit from unnecessary confusion are scum.

Suspicion casting.

Ooh, flavour. Next time why not just say what you mean, instead of obfuscating with your flavour, Book?
Did it actually distract you?

It was annoying, and hard to tell anything about and so didn't show anything about his goals, leaving us with less information about him.

At that point? Hardly.

Zrk2 Not playing in rougelikes is the sign of mafia ;p Do you think we will see serious changes N1 ?
Really?

I don't expect much from N1.

I think that's a pretty good reason actually.

You're voting me for no reason, I gave a reason as to why I voted Janus, you say I didn't and vote me.

You have no reason.
It's called RVS for a reason.

I think that's a pretty good reason actually.

You're voting me for no reason, I gave a reason as to why I voted Janus, you say I didn't and vote me.

You have no reason.
NO U. Your reason was crap and you know it. And that's why I'm voting you.
Brilliant reasoning. Come up with a reason. Unvote, vote Darvi.

Also, I just saw the last post, so my vote change may appear suspicious, but I decided on it before I reached the end of the thread.

The topmost thing in that quote, he votes Book for being unclear, then says he doesn't care of D1

The second-topmost thing, and th Darvi-vote: Practically RVS still, and he votes Darvi for having no reasons.
Hypocrisy in short.

Also, "I know this is scummy, but don't pay attention to it"

You two create a very interesting example of tunnelvision. Which is good, because usually I'm trapped in it. Also, almost always one of the involved parties turn out scum, suprisingly enough.

"...almost always turn out to be scum." This is the suspicion-casting again

Unvote.

As I said, Darvi sounds very scummy, but, Super has been amazingly scummy lately.

No reasons.

Wait, fuck, Super, Saint, dammmit.

Unvote, vote Saint Draze.

Also, which question? I must have missed it.

Not here either.

Wait, fuck, Super, Saint, dammmit.

Unvote, vote Saint Draze.

Why.

Buddying, but:

He has been threatening to quit, whining and generally not proving very useful.

So... a policy lynch?

Welp Orgs just Org...
My line of questioning was a failure and I pretty much $!#@$ed myself over...
So I am now less suspicious of org...

All I have is a gut feeling that the scum are....

I think there should be a No-lynch
A lot of things can happen tonight.
The more people there are D2 the more info there will be to gain.
Who knows, someone might get lucky and block scum...

This is exactly why I'm voting for Saint.

Now provides reasons, couldn't provide them before this post, was voting baselessly.

Also,
ORG: I never tried to run a policy lynch.
I voted you for not paying attention.
I was listing the most dangerous scumteam in my post, to answer Book.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2011, 11:57:54 am »

SaintDraze: Why won't you SCUMHUNT?

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

Apologies for lack of participation. Hopefully I'll be better after this busy week ends.

Unvote. General comments first, scumpicks at the bottom.

IronyOwl:
   Ok IronyOwl, what blame Do you think is due to
Supercharazad then?
You were the one who said I was assigning blame to him. When asked, you said that mentioning him with uselessness implied that he was useless. When pressed on that, you changed your story and said it was my "blame where blame was due" quote that implied I was accusing him. The problem? Blame where blame is due not only came after quick to blame, it relies on it- by your own admission, the fact that I asked him about it isn't relevant (which is of course a retcon), which leaves only circular reasoning or lies. Which is it?
This is the comment that triggered your vote on Akhier, and his on yours. While the reasoning is sound, lots of things have happened since; these votes have remained and the question didn't lead anywhere. Do you still think Akhier is scum? Why? Akhier: do you still think IronyOwl is scum? Why?
Both of you: please list your other scumpicks and reasons; if you had a choice to inspect or kill the other tonight, which would you do?

Superchazarad:
so long as I can avoid them killing me.
Ooh, interesting.
Janus: If you are town, then survival shouldn't matter, only the death of mafia, but mafia are MUCH more afraid of death as it hurts their chances of winning.
Why do you care so much about survival?
This is so dumb it's scummy of you to vote him for it. Your quote is out of context, he was answering the question of how would he play as serial killer, who would obviously care about his survival. This game has no serial killers. When people press him on this, does he unvote? No, he gives up. "Replace me!" Bullshit. And then roleclaims. *sigh* If he hadn't done that several times before, I'd read it as an attempt to give his scum replacement a better clean slate after his shitting on the carpet betrayed his alignment.

SaintDraze:
Book: Describe how the current events of everyone's posting in eloquent detail... A recap if you will...
This is lazy and scummy, but I'm obliging by preparing this post.

Janus:
Shouldn't he be mod killed? :3
IMO, he hasn't technically broken any rules although he is pushing it. It makes me suspicious that you want him modkilled though. If you were scum, you would know his alignment and would either gain a free townkill or a bus-by-mod for your troubles.
He (and the other one; are we sure they aren't sock-puppets?) are coming awfully close to breaking the cardinal rule: Play To Win! I'm not at the point of advocating a modkill, but damn it, their moms should give them a darn good spankin' to learn them some respect for the game, sure.
Janus: what is your read of Person, Darvi and Paniac?

Org:
ITT, noobs claiming D1 for no reason. We might as well MC. It might actually help slightly.
Yeah no. MC, on day 1 man? Yeah, thats all fine and dandy until the idiot scum with the Genocide scroll comes in. Yeah.
Heheh, that'd actually be fun to watch. But no, no D1 massclaim. Stop with that, y'all, it's idiotic.
Org: if you were scum, who would you drop tonight and why?

My main suspicions are:
Zrk2: General combativeness without scumhunting behind it. Wants to appear to hunt by berating people and misusing terminology, which is a classic noobscum tell. Examples: this is not buddying; here he posts a RV without a question. here mistakenly thinks the "R" in RVS stands for reasonless instead of random, and quotes on "policy lynching Org" entirely out of context (Ottofar was picking him as preferred scumbuddy, not advocating his lynch), clearly not reading what he's responding to. Here he advocates certainty; there's only one group of people who can be certain of anything: the scum. Here he votes someone for failing to scumhunt, while he has done no hunting of his own.

SaintDraze: He has done plenty scummy things, and if he hangs it will be deserved, but reads to me more panicky-noob than certain scum. Though his claiming and statement of "all we have aare tanks and a Bard" is very damning, and noobscums tend to be panicky... still, my top pick is above.

For the rest, I am very uneasy with Person's and Paniac's posts, they read scummy to me, but I don't have time to dissect them at the moment. I do think one of Irony or Akhier is being scummily disingenuous, but I'm not sure which, and I don't like Ottofar and Org, they both smell like scum to me, but I'm not good at reading either.

I wish I had time for more details or specific questions, but need to run again; hopefully this is at least enough to stir some discussion. I'll post a LurkerTracker shortly, though.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »

And now, a Public Service Announcement:
LurkerTracker®
NetHack is the most elaborate role-playing environment you are ever likely to explore.
This is a place to return again and again, each time for a different experience.
You're really going to have to play it for a year or two and see for yourself. -- "Fatal Distractions" by David Gerrold

Thank you for the latest release of "gradewrecker." My GPA just went in the corner and shot itself. -- USENET posting, author unknown

Akhier the Dragon hearted has 31 posts; the last 21 hours ago. Red text: IronyOwl Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31]
Book has 9 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
Darvi has 32 posts; the last 21 hours ago. Red text: Saint Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]
IronyOwl has 16 posts; the last 18 hours ago. Red text: Akhier Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16]
JanusTwoface has 20 posts; the last 21 hours ago. Red text: Vote SaintDraze Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]
Mr.Person has 15 posts; the last 18 hours ago. Red text: Unvote Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15]
Org has 27 posts; the last 22 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27]
Ottofar has 13 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Unvote OrgVote Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]
Painiac has 7 posts; the last 90 hours ago. Red text: unvote Book. SaintDraze Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
SaintDraze has 26 posts; the last 20 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26]
Supercharazad has 35 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Red text: SaintDraze Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35]
Tyberix has 15 posts; the last 21 hours ago. Red text: SaintDraze Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15]
Zrk2 has 13 posts; the last 19 hours ago. Red text: Unvote, vote Saint Draze. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]

Moderator has 11 posts; the last 16 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11]
Nonplayer has 1 posts; the last 73 hours ago. Posts: [1]

Moderator: please prod Painiac. They haven't posted in over 36 hours.

Play Nethack
(Sing to the tune of Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones)

I see a red D and I want to play nethack
Go down to Gehennom and bring the trinket back
I see the grid bugs bite, the Kop runs with a hose
I light my magic lamp and so the darkness goes

Drop stuff on altars but they're cursed so they glow black
I stash my scrolls and potions in an oilskin sack
I see corpses all around, I'll eat them right away
Hope I get intrinsics, hope my god will let me pray

Sit on a throne and get to genocide some L's
The Oracle will speak, and the shopkeeper sells
Get a prize from Sokoban and then on to clear the quest
Kill Medusa, find the castle, open up that chest

The Valley of the Dead, and David's Treasure Zoo
I'll visit Vlad and get the Candelabrum too
If I look hard enough for the vibrating square
I'll kill the wizard, get the Book, and I'll be there

I'll get the amulet and make a run for it
With demons on my tail, I hope I don't get hit
Go through the planes and reach the altars at the end
I'll sacrifice the amulet and I'll ascend

I wanna beat this game, it's so hard, cannot save, can't restart
I'll go to Gehennom, with my pet by my side
Don't eat the food that's tainted, tainted, tainted, or you'll die, yeah!

Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2011, 04:23:50 pm »

I still suspect IronyOwl though our arguments has gotten to the point of uselessness. SaintDraze was being scummy and is my other scum pick at the moment but not enough to displace Irony and anyway he has enough votes on him that my vote would mean very little beside joining a bandwagon so I will continue to go with my first suspicion. After the night phase I will have questions to ask IronyOwl depending on who dies but otherwise not anything much at the moment.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2011, 04:25:32 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: IronyOwl
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Painiac, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl: Akhier the Dragon hearted
Painiac:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze, Book

Not Voting: Mr.Person

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Thursday 3/3, ~6.5 hours from now.

Painiac has not responded to his prod and will be force replaced if he does not post by the time I find a replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2011, 04:27:44 pm »

While I agree on your thoughts about Zrk2, wouldn't it better to lynch Saint and/or super first? Seeing how they're being both less than helpful. Or are you really that suspicious of Zrk?

Akhier: What do you think of Super or Zrk2?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first paragraph was directed to Book. Forgot to mention that <_<

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Supercharazad I think is just a noob player that is finally learning some stuff this game so he gets to continually make new mistakes. As for Zrk2 I don't like how he has been acting but he seems more of a useless town then a inept scum. If Saint is lynched and flips town then I may reconsider on Zrk2 for how he acted towards Saint.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I agree on your thoughts about Zrk2, wouldn't it better to lynch Saint and/or super first? Seeing how they're being both less than helpful. Or are you really that suspicious of Zrk?
That's interesting. First : You're planning two lynches ahead ? That would be hard without knowing their outcome,right ?
I looked back in your post a bit and i have found no serious attack on super from your side or reasonable accusations for a while. If you find him scummy then why ? Also i noticed that you agreed to his claim without even mentioning it and even saying that's useful (HOW?) here. Your friendly advice here makes me think you maybe wanted him to stop giving town more info. Also looks like your early vote on him got easily replaced by another prod voting - i conclude that means you had no real reason to vote him ? Or is it a coincidence or misunderstanding ? What's your real opinion on super darvi ? Make it clear this time.

Supercharazad I think is just a noob player that is finally learning some stuff this game so he gets to continually make new mistakes. As for Zrk2 I don't like how he has been acting but he seems more of a useless town then a inept scum. If Saint is lynched and flips town then I may reconsider on Zrk2 for how he acted towards Saint.
How zrk2 acted ? I only got the impression of lurk-vote-lurk action from him and that's not a big information source,so please elaborate. :\

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

His reason for voting Saint was not even posted till he was asked for it, even then his reasons sucked or where untrue.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't plan ahead. I asked him why he would vote Zrk, who at least tries to scumhunt (or at least tries to look like it), rather than Super who started claiming you and Janus to be scum without a reason (which is extremely scummy, and why I voted him in the first place), or Saint who has done, frankly, nothing to help town (which is why I took my vote off super, but he's still high on my list, since he hardly was being helpful later).

And saying it's helpful was directed towards Toaster's post. You know, the one right before mine?

And I told Super not to answer questions not directed at him because, if he is town, then he shouldn't give others premade answers. Scum could use them to defend themselves (as in "yeah, what he said") and if the question was directed towards town then their answer, if it was the same, would be of no help ("yeah now you're just repeating what the guy before you said"). The point is if somebody gets asked some questions, and somebody else answers them before him, then his answers are worth jack, and that would hurt the scumhunting, since it leads to WIFOM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com

Then provide reasons why I'm scummy, Zrk2.
Zrk2: You did not answer my questions, I will repeat:
Vote Zrk2
... but Zrk2 seems to be pretty suspicious right now ...
What the hell zrk2! ...
(there are more, but these all came in together)

This bothers me... All of a sudden there's this pile on Zrk2. Granted, there's no actual votes, but other than that it really feels like a bandwagon.

Seriously, I have jack %$#! to ask about, Those artifact questions were all had...
Then round up what you've seen so far. Surely in 7 pages (at 50 posts/page), there's been something to bring up.

town still vastly out numbers scum after all.
Thats 10 pro-town night actions going off at the same time if there is a no lynch.
This would be the problem.

Janus: what is your read of Person, Darvi and Paniac?
Mr.Person - The second response in this post sums it up. Have a really strange feeling about him because of it. Scummy enough to look into tomorrow.
Darvi - Shorter posts but lots of them. Part of the Zrk2 psuedo-wagon. Leaning town.
Paniac - Hasn't posted much, an un-FoS (which just looks like trying to keep up a good appearance), and voting SaintDraze (it's the popular thing to do!). Relatively scummy.

Mostly in waiting mode right now on account of lack of time.

A SaintDraze lynch is a good plan.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile

I'm going to try to post as much of what I currently think should happen tonight while is still can.
An Inspection and a protection of janus,
Who is one of the best scum hunters currently.
if he's not getting inspected, then zrk2 should be.
It's best to semi-confirm these players first so everyone can move on to effective scum hunting next day...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53