Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Bay12Nomic - There is no God  (Read 7787 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Nomic - The Yearly Itch
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 02:26:42 pm »

@ Tylui: To prevent (up to) 24 separate valid posts to claim the role of god, please clarify what time zone this date and time applies to.

Good call. GMT -8... Err -7... Well... I'll go back and change that because apparently my setting were wrong. Haha

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »

I'm confused are we starting over?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »

Nope. Keep playing. No new rules until we have a new God though.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2011, 04:04:17 am »

Unless someone wishes to claim it.
I personally haven't seen a post from the current God for over four days.

Hey wait a moment, who said that removing the rule that originally gave him the role retroactively straps him of it?

Unless Armok's view on this is right, in which case Tylui still is. Depends how you interpret the rule making Tylui God as an on going one or a one off rule that repealing wouldn't effect.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:06:29 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2011, 12:58:27 pm »

Unless someone wishes to claim it.
I personally haven't seen a post from the current God for over four days.

Hey wait a moment, who said that removing the rule that originally gave him the role retroactively straps him of it?

Unless Armok's view on this is right, in which case Tylui still is. Depends how you interpret the rule making Tylui God as an on going one or a one off rule that repealing wouldn't effect.

I would think that Armok is wrong because there is nothing in the rules that states that anyone is God. The rules aren't quite written yet to actually have a sactioned Role for God, so it was a Rule-given title; not a Role-given title. Since there is no rule there is no God.

And as far as "I personally haven't seen a post from the current God for over four days" goes that's an extremely good point... I had interpreted the rule "If God does not post in the thread for 4 days..." as meaning if a person that had the title of God does not post in 4 days... blah blah blah...

So what do you guys think, can I claim God right now? Or should I wait for 4 days?

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Nomic - There is no God
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »

CLaim it.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:07 pm »

I think, to keep the game going, it would be best if you reclaimed your former position. Waiting four days to propose something is boring.

EDIT:Assuming you claim it, Tylui, i would like to submit the following proposal:
EDIT: Made proposal fit more reasonable guidelines

Upon ratification of this PROPOSAL, a new ROLE will be added entitled "Auditor of Sense".

This ROLE will be given one "POWER":
  *To place 10 NEGATIVE VOTES (with the declaration "BALLY ROT!") on ANY ONE proposal for each 24 HOUR VOTING PERIOD that he or she finds to fit any or all of the following criteria:
    * Makes NO SENSE
    * Is IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT

This ROLE will be given three "REQUIREMENTS":
  * Only one PLAYER may have this ROLE at any given moment.
  * If no PLAYER has this ROLE, this ROLE may be appointed by GOD from a minimum of 5 APPLICANTS, who have submitted a PARAGRAPH of 100-500 WORDS, outlining why they should FILL THIS ROLE
  * To act SENSIBLY in all ACTIONS and DELIBERATIONS (FAILURE to do so will result in being STRAPPED OF THE TITLE with no further hope of reapplying, whereupon APPLICATIONS will be open once more)
  * To REMAIN IN OFFICE for no more that 7 DAYS

This ROLE will be given one "RESPONSIBILITY":
  * Posting in the thread at least once every 7 days
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:25:59 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 03:09:26 pm »

I would think that Armok is wrong because there is nothing in the rules that states that anyone is God. The rules aren't quite written yet to actually have a sactioned Role for God, so it was a Rule-given title; not a Role-given title. Since there is no rule there is no God.
This read a lot like religious rhetoric :p

I think, to keep the game going, it would be best if you reclaimed your former position. Waiting four days to propose something is boring.

EDIT:Assuming you claim it, Tylui, i would like to submit the following proposal:

PROPOSAL FORM 1B (PROPOSAL OF ROLE)

ROLE NAME: AUDITOR OF SENSE:

DETAILS: An AUDITOR OF SENSE has the power to place 10 NEGATIVE VOTES on ANY ONE proposal for each 24 HOUR VOTING PERIOD that he or she finds to fit any or all of the following criteria:
  * Makes NO SENSE
  * Is IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT
  * Can be seen as an EXPLOIT OF A LOOPHOLE in a LAW
  * OBSTRUCTS any member of the VOTING PUBLIC in their ABILITY OR RIGHT TO VOTE

This NEGATIVE 10 VOTE may only be impemented by declaring "NONSENSE!" in the same manner as other members of the VOTING PUBLIC may implement a VOTE of "THIS!" or "NO!"

An AUDITOR OF SENSE is appointed by GOD from a minimum of 5 APPLICANTS, who have followed the proper APPLICATION PROCEDURE, outlined BELOW.

Proper APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Any applicants for the role of AUDITOR OF SENSE must submit the floowing FORM:
Code: [Select]
[u][b]APPLICATION FORM 1A[/b][/u]
[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]REQUESTED ROLE:[/b] AUDITOR OF SENSE
[b]QUALIFICATIONS:[/b]
[b]WHY YOU SHOULD BE CONSIDERED (100-500 WORDS):[/b]

LENGTH OF TERM: An AUDITOR OF SENSE may hold office for a maximum of 168 HOURS, whereupon he or she is STRAPPED OF TITLE and dissallowed from applying until the next AUDITOR OF SENSE's TERM has been completed. An AUDITOR OF SENSE may also resign before the completion of his or her TERM, or may be STRAPPED OF TITLE by GOD for failure to sensibly fulfill his or her DUTY.
NO!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »

Sweet, then I'm God again, I guess!

I propose this rule is altered to include the fact God should reword the rule so that it isn't written as a proposal in the rules list.
PASS! +1 (I would name this, but this isn't really a new rule but a change of a rule... So yeah. No names yet.)

Furthermore, your new(old) God submits the following proposal:

Upon ratification of this proposal, a new Role will be added entitled "God".

This role will be given three "Powers":
  • Every vote has 5 times its original weight.
  • Rewording proposals for adaption to the Ruleset but in such a way that the intent of the proposal is not changed.
  • Rewriting the ruleset as proposals are ratified.

This Role will be given two "Requirements":
  • Only one Player may have this Role at any given moment.
  • If no player has this Role, this Role may be claimed by the first to do so.

This Role will be given one "Responsibility":
  • Posting in the thread at least once every 4 days.

In addition to this, the ratification of this proposal will also strap the following rules from the ruleset, as they will be deemed redundant:

"Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God."
"Each new rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference."
"If God does not post in the thread for 4 days, he will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God."
"There can be no more than one God at any given moment."

I also propose the following, since I find the current implementation a bit messy(of my own fault):

Upon ratification of this proposal, a new subset of the rules will be added entitled "Roles", and under which will be the following rules:

"Roles are an attribute that players can possess."
"Roles come with any number of any number of the following Properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities""
"Properties can be added, changed, or removed governed by the same rules regulating rule changes."
"Powers are what extra privileges or exceptions to the regular ruleset that the Player gains by possessing the Role."
"Requirements are what must be done in order for a Player to attain the Role."
"Limitations are the opposite of Powers, and are what privileges are lost, or extra rules the Player must follow by possessing the Role."
"Responsibilities are the actions the Player must follow in order to maintain the possession of the Role."
"A table of 'Players with Roles' and a table of 'Current Roles' will be maintained and displayed below the main ruleset."

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »

hubris, I'd be more likely to vote for that if the Role was in the proper format :O

For now I'll set a firm "Maybe!" on it.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 03:28:30 pm »

- i need to learn to read -
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:32:14 pm by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

• Rewording proposals for adaption to the Ruleset but in such a way that the intent of the proposal is not changed.

In addition to this, the ratification of this proposal will also strap the following rules from the ruleset, as they will be deemed redundant:

"Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God."
"If God does not post in the thread for 4 days, he will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God."
NO!
Upon ratification of this proposal, a new subset of the rules will be added entitled "Roles", and under which will be the following rules:

"Roles are an attribute that players can possess."
"Roles come with any number of any number of the following Properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities""
"Properties can be added, changed, or removed governed by the same rules regulating rule changes."
"Powers are what extra privileges or exceptions to the regular ruleset that the Player gains by possessing the Role."
"Requirements are what must be done in order for a Player to attain the Role."
"Limitations are the opposite of Powers, and are what privileges are lost, or extra rules the Player must follow by possessing the Role."
"Responsibilities are the actions the Player must follow in order to maintain the possession of the Role."
"A table of 'Players with Roles' and a table of 'Current Roles' will be maintained and displayed below the main ruleset."
THIS!

I propose the following ROLE:
PLAYER:
powers:
* can propose changes to rules and goals.
* can vote on proposals.
*  shall receive complimentary cake!
* can chose to stop being a player at any moment by stating they want to
requirements:
* Posting in this thread
limitations:
* not using any role granted powers for 14 days
responsibilities:
* have to follow the rules  written into the official ruleset

I propose the following:
Only ENTITIES can matter in the game.
All entities not classified as Numerous must be listed in the first post.
Entities are classified into Types, of each TYPE there may be many INSTANCES that differ by their PROPERTIES.
The following, and only the following, are entity types:
* Rules
* Roles
* Cake
* Posts [NUMEROUS]
* Proposals [NUMEROUS]
* Votes [NUMEROUS]
* Entity types
* Entity properties [NUMEROUS]
* Deadlines [NUMEROUS]
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

NO!

Why not? This is already in the rules as it is?

I propose the following ROLE:
PLAYER:
powers:
* can propose changes to rules and goals.
* can vote on proposals.
*  shall receive complimentary cake!
* can chose to stop being a player at any moment by stating they want to
requirements:
* Posting in this thread
limitations:
* not using any role granted powers for 14 days
responsibilities:
* have to follow the rules  written into the official ruleset
NO! This should be implied by the rules without being an extra Role...... And in fact is already.

I propose the following:
Only ENTITIES can matter in the game.
All entities not classified as Numerous must be listed in the first post.
Entities are classified into Types, of each TYPE there may be many INSTANCES that differ by their PROPERTIES.
The following, and only the following, are entity types:
* Rules
* Roles
* Cake
* Posts [NUMEROUS]
* Proposals [NUMEROUS]
* Votes [NUMEROUS]
* Entity types
* Entity properties [NUMEROUS]
* Deadlines [NUMEROUS]
NO! I think it's a pretty good idea but should be somewhat improved a bit...?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2011, 05:02:42 pm »

*I propose that when a proposal is not accepted then the proposer may wait a minimum of 3 days to file an appeal and retry the proposal
         +a proposal can only be appealed twice, afterwords there may be no more appeals for that specific proposal
         +the proposer may only have up to 3 ongoing appeals at any given time
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:16:29 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »

*I propose that when a proposal is not accepted then the proposer may wait a minimum of 3 days to file an appeal and retry the proposal
         +a proposal can only be appealed twice, afterwords there may be no more appeals for that specific proposal
         +the proposer may only submit an appeal up to three times a day

THIS!
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6