Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So what effects Civ being taken over by HFS?  (Read 2015 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
So what effects Civ being taken over by HFS?
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:23:18 am »

Is it possible to make to say a Dwarf civ have a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
take it over?  Is that hard coded or can it happened anyways?

After searching i could not seem to find an answer if it has been I apologize
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:27:36 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: So what effects Civ being taken over by HFS?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:02:34 am »

There probably is a way, goblin civs have demons take them over. I'm not sure if it would affect your game much. Your king would be a demon, but that's basically it. And it could be game killing if you have a leader with deadly oozing skin or something.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:52 pm »

Well there have once been an elf as a Dwarven king, so I think it is quite possible.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »

This makes me wonder what tag(s) the humans have that lets them be fooled into thinking HFS is their god.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:25:08 pm »

There was recently a topic about a dwarven queen who at some point in the civ's history had been converted into a night creature's wife. IIRC, she was still listed as the queen.
くコ:彡

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »

This makes me wonder what tag(s) the humans have that lets them be fooled into thinking HFS is their god.
The only think I could see that might be effect it is that they just have [RELIGION:PANTHEON] and no [RELIGION_SPHERE] after it but I'm not sure and Goblin don't have ether..hmmm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:29:45 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »

The only think I could see that might be effect it is that they just have [RELIGION:PANTHEON] and no [RELIGION_SPHERE] after it but I'm not sure and Goblin don't have ether..hmmm

it's [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] that does it.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »

oh thanks

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »

oh thanks

Of course, that means they could create position like 'law-giver' and 'master' in a dwarven civ...

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »

Yes, its another one of those infernal tags that regulates a whole bunch of things at once.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38:40 am »

That got me thinking... What if instead of 'all' we used it like [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:MONARCH]?

Or would that even do anything?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:15 pm »

That got me thinking... What if instead of 'all' we used it like [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:MONARCH]?

It does not seem to work

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:41 pm »

It does not seem to work

Damnnit...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 01:14:07 pm »

It does not seem to work

I think that the argument for [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:] is supposed to be a position responsibility token
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 01:35:41 pm »

hmm... still no demon dwarf leaders even with the tag but i got it to work for the keepers and I made them playable. Maybe demon don't like dwarfs...

Pages: [1] 2