Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 9002 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webpaged 2.0 - [Setting Up / Prepping for First Update]
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »

Forum Name: Darkrider2
Dwarf: Nigel
Sex: Male
Job: Mechanic/Architect/Seige engineering (just general engineering jobs)
Quirks: He likes to make sure everything is working perfectly, is very stubborn about it too, often holding grudges against people who mess with his works. He's just all around meticulous, might make a good bookkeeper. :D

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:06:48 pm »

It will, but not for lack of spirit.  Because we've got spirit here at...

uhh...

Whatever our site is called.  C'mon players, what will your glorious and not catastrophic-at-all site be called?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »

HopelessFort?

CommunityMurdered?

Webpaged the calling of demons? (this name might actually be possible.......)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Whatever our site is called.  C'mon players, what will your glorious and not catastrophic-at-all site be called?

Pick a good random name.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 06:50:47 pm »

Well it looks like the place is pretty quiet and peaceful.  So we need a nice peaceful name...
Like Rerithvabok Zilirrashtarmid Shash, Chaosorb the Eternal Death-Blades of Hell
Settled by Gar Rash, The Destroyer of Death
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »

Suggested fort name: Magmachannels... actually, on second thought, it would seem that dwarves do not have a word for either lava or magma... f**k.

Suggested group name: The Second Web of Pages/

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: Webpaged 2.0 - [Spring 101 - Strike the Earth!]
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 08:05:21 pm »

In the mountainhomes, the title of "Town Drunk" is a very valued and respected one.  Civil wars are fought to claim the name, and the threat of drunken assassins trying to off competition is a constant concern.  Scruffy McBoozebreath was in the running, and his opponents did not like that one bit.

In his inebriation, it was impossible for him to tell that a threat was approaching.  His fervent supporter and bodyguard, Nergal the Macedwarf, came to him one day.  Knocking gently, he pushed the wreck of a door off its hinges, and walked into the small room.  Scruffy looked at him, looked at his flask, and chose his talking companion for the day.  The dwarf took a long swig.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Sir, I've heard that you're being targeted."  Nergal waved his hand in front of his face, wafting away the horrid brewery stench.  "You're just...  too good at being drunk."Scruffy looked at him flatly, and drank a few more drops.  "I suggest you lay low for a while.  Not that I want you to be sober--"

Scruffy cringed and flipped out of his bed, landing on the nearby chest filled with brass figurines.  "Sober?  Where?  Nergal help meeeeee!"  He stumbled out of the chest, and landed on his face, crawling forward.  "I can't go back to being sober.  I just can't!"

His companion sighed.  "I heard that a grand expedition to another fort is being launched.  Politically, you could join with and become the drunk of that fort."  Nergal offered a hand to help him up.  "No competition, and you'd be the glory of an entire encampment of dwarves."

Scruffy thought about it for a second.  By think, I mean take another swig of his dwarven rum.  "I...  Think that's a great idea."  Turning the flask upside down, he whimpered at the emptyness of it.  "And...  will there be more rum?"

---

The two lingered outward, and found their long time friend, Doctor Valrandir.  The good doctor was draped in his usual garb, and was preparing the stocks for the expedition.  He reached a hand out to greet Scruffy, reconsidered, and then shook gloved hands with Nergal instead.

"I see that you're going about your business as normal."  He wiped his hand on his pig tail trousers, nervously inspecting it for grime.  "My self, I've been chosen as the lead doctor for a new fort."

"I see, my friend, but..."  Nergal looked at his drunken friend, who was biting on the tail of a cat.  "That's why we're here.  The outstanding talents of Scruffy has led me to believe that it is just a matter of time before he goes through an...  unfortunate accident."  On cue, Scruffy began licking an engraving on the wall, and commenting on how nice the weather is.

"My word, he is talented.  Well, I guess we can fit you in with the expedition."  They followed along, going through the dwarves to join them.  "This is Urist McIncredible, the legendary armorsmith."  He motioned over.  "This is Catten Glorywaters, the legendary swordsdwarf..."  By the time the roster was over, he had gone through twenty strong-backed dwarves, skills ranging from grand master biting to great milking.  "I'm sure we can find some place for your talents."

---

A blood howl went down the halls across the fort.  Therleth pocketed her trusty knife, and hid the body quickly.

She knew that she'd have to have allies if she was going to make this escape possible.  Quickly thinking, she unlocked the nearby cell, containing two of the fort's grandest criminals.  Surely they were put there for some dangerous purpose, and could aid her.

"By Dushig's blight, I'm finally out of that drab place!"  Fuzzy brushed himself off and flaunted his new freedom.  "I caaaaaaaaaaan't believe they put me in there.  Just because I made some fashionable dresses for the King's consort...  The girl has cleavage, she should show it off!"

"Cleavage is the only reason she was picked for consort status."  Babylon rolled her eyes.  "It's just a symbol of how vain the King is with his decision making, picking beauty over any sense of practicality.  What an idiot."

Therleth already began to regret her decision.

---

As Valrandir was finishing the stocks, Scruffy was inspecting a near-by green-glass figurine of Dwarf and cheese.  The Dwarf was admiring the cheese.  Scruffy was admiring the cheese as well, and could associate quite well with the Dwarf.  He felt a certain kinship, a belonging.  He started to cuddle it.  As he embraced his new best friend, Therleth snuck behind him and grabbed him by the collar.  "You're leading us out of here."  She spoke in a low and hushed voice, not attracting nearby attention.

Scruffy blinked.  "Oh, I know how to get out.  Out is thaaaaaaat way."  Therleth threatened him with the knife, and Scruffy blinked again.  "I can show you how to get there, follow meeeeee."  The small group, with the Satirist and Fashion Lech following, walked towards the door.  Nergal took notice that Scruffy was gone after a while, and had Valrandir follow him to track them down.  Valrandir told his friend, Kipi, to wait for his return.

Tracking down Scruffy, they eventually caught up to Therleth, Babylon and Fuzzy the Flirt.  Nergal spoke in a commanding voice.  "Halt!  You must be the assassins!"  Therleth eyed him curiously, and pulled out her copper crossbow.  Scruffy laughed.

"Nooooo, they're frieeeends."  He pointed behind Nergal.  "Them assassins."  Behind was a small entourage of grisly hammerdwarves, almost but not quite as drunk as Scruffy.  Nergal had a wide eyed look, and shouted at the group.  "Ruuuuun!"

---

The six fled outwards, heading over hills and making camp for the next day.  They worked together to scrap a site together, and finally shook off the assassins.  They had come to a consensus; they'd lay low here, and wait for it to tide over.  This was the site of the legendary embark team, so they'd catch up and help them sooner or later.

After a while of camping, they did find something over the horizon...  Kipi.  With a caravan of supplies.  Valrandir questioned where the supplies came from, and Kipi spoke quietly.  "I waited for you to get back.  Wanted to form search party.  Decided to find you my self, no one wanted to help...  but didn't want to waste supplies."  Valrandir recognized them as the supplies the very expedition had...  meaning the expedition never left.  They'd be stuck here, just biding time for the assassins to come.

Might as well make it like home, at least to wait for a rescue party.  Scruffy took off his shirt and used a long stick, putting into the ground.  "I hereby declare this to be our new home.  The New Web of Pages.  For glory, and for..."  He hiccuped.  "Booze."

Nergal sighed.  "I guess we have to...  strike the earth."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

So, everyone.  Strike the earth.  Tell me what you want your dwarf to be doing for the next season!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:39:48 pm by squeakyReaper »

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - Strike the Earth!]
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »

Fuzzy will be helping with both general farming and specifically planting pig tail seeds and/or dimple cups as supplies for his fashion endeavors. When pig tails pop up, he will process them to produce thread, which he will weave into cloth, which he will then use to make dresses to trade/share with the world.

Luftwaffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

Excellent work so far!
I think Scruffy will be doing nothing but overindulgence, parties, and admiring admirables!
But if you trust him enough, he could be your broker in a pinch. :P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:05:28 pm by Luftwaffle »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 01:30:01 am »

Dorf me when the migrants arrive.

Forum Name: billybobfred
Dwarf Name: billybobfred
Skills: planter, herbalist
Items: whatever
Personality Quirks: Displays no emotions, unless someone pushes one of two buttons. 1, not growing as many varieties of crops as we could. 2, preventing the acquisition of electrum. If this happens, you'd best run.

Since you probably aren't growing all the crops possible, I guess I'll gather plants for a while and then get farming?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Luftwaffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 02:19:04 am »

not growing as many varieties of crops as we could
Pfft. Real dwarves eat plump helmets or plump helmet roasts made of varying amounts of minced plump helmet.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 04:47:31 am »

I'll get to work making crafts so we have something to sell when the trader comes by.  If there's a dining room I'll engrave things on the walls whenever I can get away with it.  I'm also going to complain about the lack of walls and traps until they get built.  I don't think we have a mason so it wouldn't surprise me if the expedition leader makes me do some of the wall building.

I'll also flirt with fuzzy, and considering how fat I am his fashion sense will probably be greatly offended.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 04:51:36 am »

I will start the mining, first the farm and food stockpile, then dining room and small community bedroom, then everything else.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 06:48:16 am »

Dwaaaarf add !

Forum Name: Seanp888

Dwarf Name: Sir / Miss

Skills: Military skills

Custom Profession: Knight

Items: Armor and Weapon rack in room when made

Personality quirks: Obsessively Honorable and spends most of the time training / Beating up people,

Job: Sheriff/ Fortress guard , or just a member of the military
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 08:50:29 am »

I'll work on any masonry stuff that needs doing and on my time off train once we get a barracks set up.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10