Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is anyone else having problems finding any clay?  (Read 1412 times)

Tstrangelove

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is anyone else having problems finding any clay?
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:53:49 am »

For some reason I can never find any clay on any of the world I generate. I have tried using the site finder but it never comes up with any. (for some reason just searching for clay doesn't seem to even search properly so I have to add another variable but even after alternating the value of that variable still no clay). I am using the Lazy Newb pack with aquifiers off. Could that be affecting it?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Is anyone else having problems finding any clay?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:55:05 am »

Is the Lazy Newb pack even updated for 31.19 yet?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:57:30 am »

I am using the Lazy Newb pack with aquifiers off. Could that be affecting it?

Being as Lazy Newb Pack hasn't been updated for 31.19 yet, and aquifers require modding the soil layers raw, then yes, that's exactly your problem. 

LNP is overwriting your raws, and that means overwriting the tokens that make the soil recognize that clays can be used in reactions, which is probably what the site finder searches for.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Tstrangelove

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »

I am using the Lazy Newb pack with aquifiers off. Could that be affecting it?

Being as Lazy Newb Pack hasn't been updated for 31.19 yet, and aquifers require modding the soil layers raw, then yes, that's exactly your problem. 

LNP is overwriting your raws, and that means overwriting the tokens that make the soil recognize that clays can be used in reactions, which is probably what the site finder searches for.

Ahh right ok thanks for the quick replies.

Is the Lazy Newb pack even updated for 31.19 yet?

Nope, but in the past I've been able to put the new version in the same folder and use most things without many problems. Apparently that's changed now.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:01 pm »

Previous version changes are generally just bugfixes.  You can carry over saves and raws between bugfixes, since nothing directly in the raws is necessary to carry over.  Any version change that changes the raws (like all the new animals and workshops and materials) means that you can't just overwrite the raws, or you overwrite all the changes in the raws the new version made, as well.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare