Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Building Defence Game  (Read 1084 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good Building Defence Game
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

I've kinda depleted the games I have of their entertainment value, so I'm looking for a game where you build a house or fort or whatever and have to defend it. Not just clicking upgrades together, I mean where you actually have to build walls, doors, etc. and defend them. Imagine a cross between Dwarf Fortress, Stronghold, Dungeon Keeper, Morrowind, and Die2Night. It sounds weird when I describe what I'm looking for with all those random games, but I'm looking for specific things from them; DF's building style (how you build individual walls and floors and stuff), Stronghold's siege management (how enemies can actually destroy things, with you desperately fighting them off), Dungeon Keeper's play style (how you dig through things and how you place rooms), Morrowind's leveling and skill system, and the way you have to collect items to build stuff in Die2Night. Anyone know off a game with elements like that in it?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Good Building Defence Game
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:01 pm »

Fallout 3 with the settler mod, probably.

You can build a settlement with stuff you find in the wastelands, so exploration does pay off and your citizens do have jobs, functions, equipment and so on. You can build really wild cool bases with it. Being attacked is optional, but if I remember well, you can turn it on so attacks happen at random.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »

New Vegas Wasteland Defense?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:05 pm »

New Vegas Wasteland Defense?
Yeah, I saw that, but I've never tried it so I cannot really recommend it.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 12:12:23 am »

I have not yet played the Fallout mod in question, or Fallout New Vegas at all, but my friend can't shut up about it.  It should be right up your alley.  Supposedly you hire defenders, arm them, build walls, decide where some buildings go, and occasionally leave in order to secure power sources, more food, etc.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Just prepare for BS happening, like...  well, quoting him:

"The Brotherhood of Steel suck
they just
rocket jumped into my fort
that shouldn't
even
how did they do this"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:58 am »

The Stronghold Series is amazing