Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: Missing Metals  (Read 90811 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Missing Metals
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »

You're misunderstanding, though.
I'm not misunderstanding, I just know that the current system isn't the way it will be. Random unexpected clusters of other minerals would be nice. You could probably do that right now using the gem system, actually.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2011, 06:38:51 pm »

I'm not misunderstanding, I just know that the current system isn't the way it will be. Random unexpected clusters of other minerals would be nice. You could probably do that right now using the gem system, actually.

You were certainly acting like you didn't understand before, since you kept focusing on scarcity, when that wasn't the issue.
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »

You were certainly acting like you didn't understand before, since you kept focusing on scarcity, when that wasn't the issue.
Scarcity includes a lack of variety as well as quantity. To have a workable trade system some areas must have a severe shortage of vital resources, otherwise there is no reason to import/export stuff.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »

Scarcity includes a lack of variety as well as quantity. To have a workable trade system some areas must have a severe shortage of vital resources, otherwise there is no reason to import/export stuff.

You can have scarcity without lack of variety. That's my point.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »

This argument is getting tiresome, and it's accomplishing nothing. We disagree, which is fine. I'm done.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #455 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »

This argument is getting tiresome, and it's accomplishing nothing. We disagree, which is fine. I'm done.

Except we're not even disagreeing. You agreed the idea of having clustered metals in low amounts would be good. I honestly can't quite fathom what precisely you're disagreeing about aside from the fact you seem insistent that you've somehow been "right" all along in a subjective debate on what would be the best course for the game to take, even though you've changed your position.

Given that, though, I'm perfectly happy with you bowing out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #456 on: February 21, 2011, 06:50:00 pm »

Except we're not even disagreeing. You agreed the idea of having clustered metals in low amounts would be good. I honestly can't quite fathom what precisely you're disagreeing about aside from the fact you seem insistent that you've somehow been "right" all along in a subjective debate on what would be the best course for the game to take, even though you've changed your position.

When did I insist that I was right all along? I don't even know what you're talking about here. I'm just not going to start this whole debate over about resource scarcity, especially when what we're talking about is a system which isn't even finalized. Toady will do what he will do, and what we say here doesn't affect it either way.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #457 on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »

When did I insist that I was right all along? I don't even know what you're talking about here. I'm just not going to start this whole debate over about resource scarcity, especially when what we're talking about is a system which isn't even finalized. Toady will do what he will do, and what we say here doesn't affect it either way.

That's not even true. Toady reads the forums, what we say here could very well affect what he will do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »

That's not even true. Toady reads the forums, what we say here could very well affect what he will do.
Whatever you say. I'll go back to enjoying the game despite this horrible flaw you're all upset about.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #459 on: February 21, 2011, 06:54:20 pm »

Whatever you say. I'll go back to enjoying the game despite this horrible flaw you're all upset about.

What are you even talking about? We're all enjoying the game here.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:38 pm »

I just know that the current system isn't the way it will be.
Just because it's not final doesn't mean people shouldn't say what they think of the direction of things though. If only the people who liked all the changes were allowed to speak while the ones who didn't just shut up on the basis that "it's WIP", then the feedback from the fanbase would not properly represent what the whole of the fanbase really wants and you'd start to get design choices that really pleased one fraction of it.

Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
PYRITE : 10
RAW_COTTON_CANDY : 414
QUARTZ_ROSE : 614
RUBICELLE : 708
INDIGO TOURMALINE : 1151
RED ZIRCON : 1214
FIRE OPAL : 1254
GREEN ZIRCON : 1470
CITRINE : 1575
VIOLET SPESSARTINE : 1600
SARD : 2335
CINNABAR : 9050
LIGNITE : 13309
SLADE : 84337

Sigh. Oh well let's see how long I can last. Wood training axes for all!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2011, 07:48:58 pm »

Well at least you're set on coke.  :D

Import some iron and other usable ores to slowly grow your armory.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »

Maybe instead of iron ore he should rather import iron bars.
If I remember correctly, ores have more weight than bars,
meaning that the caravan can carry less of them
(well, until the near or far day, when Toady reimplements wagons in caravans,
so that weight doesn´t matter too much anymore)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:05 pm »

Maybe instead of iron ore he should rather import iron bars.
If I remember correctly, ores have more weight than bars,
meaning that the caravan can carry less of them
(well, until the near or far day, when Toady reimplements wagons in caravans,
so that weight doesn´t matter too much anymore)
Hell, he should import both. Right now they'll probably only bring 2-3 of each anyway. He should get copper/tin ore/bars too if possible I'd think.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34